What's new

India's future after US-Taliban deal.

nwmalik

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India had strongly supported USa against Taliban. But with USA making a deal with Taliban after being defeated and trying to find a face saving exit how will these changes effect India. As present setup in Afghanistan will not last long.

If USA is out of Afghanistan, India is left to "dogs and wolves". Shaaaanti hi Shaaaanti!
my_brother_was_eaten_by_wolves_on_the_connecticut_turnpike.jpg

If USA is out of Afghanistan, India is left to "dogs and wolves". Shaaaanti hi Shaaaanti!
Lol Why?We are just helping afghans rebuild their country without militarily involved in anything.On the other hand some major non nato allies should be very much worried-When nato evaquated posts in kunar last year,the area ended up becoming hot ttp regrouping station with no "good taliban" stopping them(even after the area being one which A.T have much influence,with 98% afghan pashtun population)..Now just imagine nato leaving the entire afghanistan!!

India had strongly supported USa against Taliban. But with USA making a deal with Taliban after being defeated and trying to find a face saving exit how will these changes effect India. As present setup in Afghanistan will not last long.

I think it won't make a big difference as long as GoI continues to focus on the Afghan people. India has been one of the most popular countries in Afghanistan, even in Taliban strongholds and as long as it can maintain that; it should be a problem.

But the bottom line should be that the Taliban should reject violence and join the democratic process. Already too much blood has been shed, we don't want another mindless civil war.

those who are predicting india's future should worry abt the future of their own country. do u think everything will be OK after 2014?? stop living in lalaland fools.

As long as the people of Afghan are happy we are happy. :angel:

I was expecting some analysis on the post US situation in Afghanistan with the Taliban onboard. It was post #3, I believe, which ensured that nothing worthwhile happens on this thread.

However, I do not understand how a deal with the Taliban is inimical to India's interests in Afghanistan. It is common sense that without taking the Pushtuns along, no lasting solution can be found in Afghanistan. India has acknowledged this fact long ago after an initial period of ambivalence and a lot of water has flown by since then. The Afghan taliban have declared publicly that they are not averse to India's presence in Afghanistan. It is only the Haquani group which was used repeatedly by the ISI/PA to target Indian interests in Afghanistan.

Looks like the leaders of India and Pakistan are utter stupid emotional lots quite content to let the proxy wars go on. As I see it, once Americans leave--even reduce their military posture significantly--the Indians in Afghanistan--even in purely 'developmental work' will be slaughtered. Haqqanis are not the only one which the ISI can use. And hence you see Indians bending over backward to see Americans continue in Afghanistan.
And this is fallacy that Indian 'soft power' is quite popular in Afghanistan. It will not stop a few thousands of people, backed by foreigners, to bypass the soft power factor and hunt like, really wolves anything related to India. In this connection, don't forget that local populations the world over cannot be quite hostile to the 'victors'--which would be the 'insurgents' or the Talibans--should Americans really cut down their military posture in Afghanistan.
So what are looking at then? The same old. Except this time the Talibans or whoever the Pakistanis back are keeping a record of what was done 'wrong' to them since 2001. And they are ruthless killers!
I just wish we leave Afghans to their desires. All of us. No one propped up by NATO. No one propped up by Pakistan.

Afghan Taliban have always supported Jihad in India Occupied Kashmir. They know most of india are kuffar (non-muslims) so they will never side with India over Pakistan.

India's only supporter in Afghanistan are Karzai's government and the ANA (previously known as Northern Alliance). And we all know the real men with power in Afghanistan.

India's presence will diminish after U.S. exit from Afghanistan. Even Indians know this fact.

India should've fed its 420 million poor people instead of spending billions in war-torn chaos Afghanistan. Did you guys seriously think that Afghan Taliban would easily be defeated ? :wave:

first no such deal is going to happen and second it also not gonna bode well on pakistani side either and third Iran and india are on same table regarding taliban issue so india is not completely doomed

Afghan Taliban have always supported Jihad in India Occupied Kashmir. They know most of india are kuffar (non-muslims) so they will never side with India over Pakistan.

India's only supporter in Afghanistan are Karzai's government and the ANA (previously known as Northern Alliance). And we all know the real men with power in Afghanistan.

India's presence will diminish after U.S. exit from Afghanistan. Even Indians know this fact.

India should've fed its 420 million poor people instead of spending billions in war-torn chaos Afghanistan. Did you guys seriously think that Afghan Taliban would easily be defeated ? :wave:
taliban also have not acknowledged tribal area as a part of pakistan during their regime in 1996-2001 and if india supports karzai then what about pakistan it supports america and nato
should pakistan not bother this deal????

Pakistan and Nato alliance has broken, and Pakistan is back to it's individual and independent foreign policy. Please do not be so naive.

MY point plan for India would be the following:

1) Train and help the Afghani army to stand on their own two feet
2) Protect our strategic assets there by any any means that will also mean security forces to guard our investment.
3) Work with our partners Russia, Iran and Pakistan (goverment) not the military and not to forget China to create a better future for the war torn country.
4) Further cultural ties with the country via India's soft power like in education, medical help, IT etc

Back
Top Bottom