What's new

India's LCA Tejas in Trouble ?

Don't forget selling weapons isn't just business, it gives a country huge geo political clout as well. So we need to keep working on Kaveri, as the other option is screwdriver on imported engine parts.
Yes, we need to keep working at it and not give up. We might take time but would be able to keep the eco system and the knowledge gained alive.

Pokharaon 2 did put restrictions and it impacted many other programs.

GTRE could not come up with an engine not only due to external but internal factors that have plagued many other similar public sector undertakings. They may not have been able to come up with an engine worthy to be fitted in LCA because of the work culture and not only lack of resources.

I am also not defending other parts of our a bureaucracy or defence forces who too have also played a role.

Palming it‘s failures only on external factors isn’t acceptable. That is my contention.

Yes, we need to keep working at it and not give up. We might take time but would be able to keep the eco system and the knowledge gained alive.

Pokharaon 2 did put restrictions and it impacted many other programs.

GTRE could not come up with an engine not only due to external but internal factors that have plagued many other similar public sector undertakings. They may not have been able to come up with an engine worthy to be fitted in LCA because of the work culture and not only lack of resources.

I am also not defending other parts of our a bureaucracy or defence forces who too have also played a role.

Palming it‘s failures only on external factors isn’t acceptable. That is my contention.
Failure is never due to just one issue or reason, multiple things lead to it in case of Kaveri.

Babu culture in India is well know to everyone, so we don't have to keep bringing it up all the time. It's a given, but it should have only delayed the project and brought the costs higher.

However starting a ambitious project like Kaveri, should have been done with some humble beginning. Tejas is a good example of what happens, when one does it. Helping hands are needed for anyone

The funding provided in India further, has always been ignored. While no manufacturer reveals data, its generally considered that one needs billions of dollars to design/develop and then manufacture engines.

I read that the total funding marked for Kaveri was about 3.93 Billion rupees, not dollars mind you. In 2010 or so the total spending as per info revealed was 18.93 billion rupees. I mean the project management whoever did it, while doing outlay of funds should be flogged in public.

A country that never designed and developed engines, you give it few million dollars to develop it? This is nineties we are talking, when we still didn't have proper computers in place that can do designing. Leaving aside the machining tools, which have to be built for the material manufacturing etc. There are so many things a first timer has to work on, and this is the funding given.

We will keep talking on the shit done like this

Let's leave it at that, that we need to keep moving on Kaveri program. Der aaye durust aaye, it hasn't been totally abandoned thankfully.

If things go well and funding is given, a Kaveri similar to or better than F404 can be ready in next decade. Even then it won't be late, as by then Tejas will be coming to MLU (mid life upgrade) where the GE engines can be replaced with ours.

Failure is never due to just one issue or reason, multiple things lead to it in case of Kaveri.
The attribution of failure and success is never done equally. Someone gets bigger glory than others in victory, and so is the case upon a failure.

How much money GTRE got or what was the impact of sanctions can’t take away the fact that, the results produced by them weren’t good enough primarily because of their own doing. Extraneous factors only played a small part in it.

Many times, funds are channelled based in the progress made and the results obtained. Indian babudom is equally ruthless to everyone including the Armed forces, HAL, ISRO and many other players in the field. Shall we compare the budget for NASA vs ISRO for moon program? As I said earlier, this kind of comparison is futile due to many factors and isn’t right way to look at it.

I am also happy that Kaveri wasn’t shelved otherwise we would have seen a similar situation like Marut.

Last edited:
Losers always cry when they loose and always claim that they lost because goal posts were shifted.

Keep trying and working hard. Tera time bhi aayega aur tu bhi jeetega kabhi. Abhi tera time nahi aaya hai.
Now let me beat you with your own stick. To your habitual nonsense (Post-38)...I asked you to be a good bacha (Post-51) and prove your pennyworth as where did I do any comparison with the JF-17...
But obviously good never applies to you so just be the crybaby and answer my question or just put a sock in it.
Oh don't bring your tantrums again and claim that I have deleted your comments...Actually that's what losers say when their thobra gets pushed into dust.

The defense industry is not for Indians. They are a big import market.
Well, what can I say, even after spending over 30 years on the factory floor, the workmanship and finishing on the subject looks as if it was build in some slumdog street Autorickshaw workshop.

1613400373265.png

FMXUxZvWUAIhier.jpg

FB_IMG_1640532938399.jpg

Last edited:
You are condemned to score own goals.
Unlikely. Last time you were crying about them shifting their position. Keep trying. Hard work pays. Use some brain too. It appears that you have been only using brawn till now.

Last edited:
Unlikely. Last time you were crying about them shifting their position. Keep trying. Hard work pays. Use some brain too. It appears that you have been just using only brawn till now.
Keep writing nonsense as that is your only forte, but don't come crying and crawling to me when it gets deleted .

8 pages of circle jerk on a news report from "Sputnik", Russian state owned media with an obvious anti-American bias.. I wonder if people are genuinlely this stupid or they just playing along.

Now let me beat you with your own stick. To your habitual nonsense (Post-38)...I asked you to be a good bacha (Post-51) and prove your pennyworth as where did I do any comparison with the JF-17...
But obviously good never applies to you so just be the crybaby and answer my question or just put a sock in it.
Oh don't bring your tantrums again and claim that I have deleted your comments...Actually that's what losers say when their thobra gets pushed into dust.

Well, what can I say, even after spending over 30 years on the factory floor, the workmanship and finishing on the subject looks as if it was build in some slumdog street Autorickshaw workshop.

View attachment 999439

View attachment 999440

View attachment 999441
Windy, are these pics of the prototypes or production aircraft?

Back
Top Bottom