What's new

India's next generation SSBN S-5 illustration released by (NPOL) DRDO

Yes Sir.. It will have AIP. The best available AIP- Nuclear propulsion...

As much as I know the funding for only 3 Arihanth Class SSBNs have been approved .
This may very well be an imagination of some official...

More important than fundings are further developments of important parts! A bigger SSBN needs a more powerful propulsion and Arihant was rather limited in this field. Another big point will be the further development of balistic missiles, which is also limited capable at Arihant. So fixing these 2 points must be done before we can start developing a new SSBN.

The Big Question is "How much we can trust PSG???". PSG is well known for his Sunny deol posts... :P. I will celebrate only of I get this information from other source.. :)

^^^ guys can anyone else post what they think of PSG as I have read some of his posts and comments and his views and "facts" seem so far removed from what else is reported from other sources. Claims he makes seem incredibly unique and hard to verify. He has been right in the past though.

+ regarding this news it seems to be taken from displays at DEFENCE EXPO 2012 so I am pretty sure of its authenticity.

More important than fundings are further developments of important parts! A bigger SSBN needs a more powerful propulsion and Arihant was rather limited in this field. Another big point will be the further development of balistic missiles, which is also limited capable at Arihant. So fixing these 2 points must be done before we can start developing a new SSBN.

Developing Powerplant for Arihanth itself was tiring job.. Developing a PWR for double the power output will be required for the Sub of S-5 size..

I have doubts about this being a completely new design. A Chinese poster pointed out that this was a very similiar copy to a Russian Sub Delta Class....any thoughts?

A better Photo, here you can see the hump behind the "I dont know what is that called" (Oval shaped vertical projection:woot:)

000esaqs

why we are not building nuclear attack submarine....................

SSBN will be used for detterence and IMO 4 would do the job.............

we should build atleast 6 nuclear attack submarine.......

A better Photo, here you can see the hump behind the "I dont know what is that called" (Oval shaped vertical projection:woot:)

000esaqs

Probably to house our Baliistic missiles hehe :azn: I wish we would go over and beyond and test every bloody type of propeller that we can imagine to find the best one for various situations....

why we are not building nuclear attack submarine....................

SSBN will be used for detterence and IMO 4 would do the job.............

we should build atleast 6 nuclear attack submarine.......

We should...I think our armed forces should develop industires to support th economy like China.....it will make us more self reliant..

Probably to house our Baliistic missiles hehe :azn: I wish we would go over and beyond and test every bloody type of propeller that we can imagine to find the best one for various situations....
No, I meant the thing which has the fins and most probably where the hatch is present. If we are using that design then we are taking Russia's help.. so when we get help why not make the best use of it...

As much as I know the funding for only 3 Arihanth Class SSBNs have been approved .
This may very well be an imagination of some official...

This is not any imagination of some official. Most of the projects starts with funds from DRDO/IA/IN/IAF which is later heavily funded by the MoD for production. Govt gave nod for making 3 Arihant class. Its official. But development works for new generation submarine also going on. Just like AMCA, Arjun mk II, etc.

The Big Question is "How much we can trust PSG???". PSG is well known for his Sunny deol posts... :P. I will celebrate only of I get this information from other source.. :)

We still don't take most of PSG's words seriously. But he goes to many defence expos around the world and has good collections of information brochures. There he is the best.

Early 2013 I think.............
Considering that Arihant completed it's harbour trials in February, It may have already been launched though..........

arihant will join IN by year end (2012)

I have a doubt....Can SSBN fire their missiles during motion ??....sorry if it is a dumb question...

Yes and No! Depends on the technology. typically the older class subs that needed to resurface to open their launch tubes needed to be almost stationary. The newer generation subs have a limit on speeds before firing while submerged. I think i read somewhere its like 7 knots

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom