What's new

India's northeast speaks out against racism

It is a shame this still happens, and I'm glad the government takes strong action against the racist elements in our society.

You seem to have a very superficial grasp (or no grasp) of Indian history. If that were true, we would have ended up as the Persians did: converted entirely to Islam in less than 3 decades. India, even during Muslim and British occupation, has always been run mostly by regional Hindu kings, whose conflicts were managed by centralized empires. The Mughals and the British both derived their power from these kings, and initially lost battles to many of them individually. Obviously, it is much easier to attack balkanized smaller kingdoms individually than attacking them all at once, especially if they hate each other. This is what the British did. "Divide and conquer" isn't a term Indians just throw around for fun; It's how, time after time, groups have managed to attain footholds in the subcontinent and leech off of it.

I for one am grateful that our ancestors fought off conversion, maintaining their honor, dignity, and heritage, even as great empires in East, Central, and West Asia could not.
Sure.From the Alexander to British..the history of mainland is one of conquest by invaders.Even the present Indian republic owes it existence in this form to the british.

Sorry,straight guy here.Search for a boyfriend somewhere else:rofl:
Don't mock gays dude.You guys owe the very existence of your nation to gays and those rumoured to have homosexual tendencies.M.K. Gandhi.Lord mountbatten,Nehru and all.

bro, get it over with. You may prise away a ban from MODs. Enough bashing for today lad.
now cool down.
@Mike_Brando knock it off bro. Both of you are crossing the line. Enough for tonight guys.

Sure.From the Alexander to British..the history of mainland is one of conquest by invaders.Even the present Indian republic owes it existence in this form to the british.
Alexander never conquered any part of India. Western historians still cite purely ancient Greek sources, who claimed things like Alexander was disheartened by losing his favorite horse, that he "gave back" Porus his lands, or that his troops mutinied. You don't know anything.

Alexander never conquered any part of India. Western historians still cite purely ancient Greek sources, who claimed things like Alexander was disheartened by losing his favorite horse, that he "gave back" Porus his lands, or that his troops mutinied. You don't know anything.

Arey bhai Devdas, Jake daroo pi Paro ke yaad mei. Aadhi raat kyu jhagra kar raha hei.
cool down.

You will get lots of fake trolls from mainland India pretending to be North-Easterners and singing India's praises.

That may or may not happen but we will surely see many Muslim wannabe servants of kaffir Chinese singing their praises and wanting their country to their client state, even when nobody cares for it!

Muslim and these overly Hindu traditions don't go together, and no one is trying to copy anyone!
And to be honest, bindis like the big red ones are ugly, like it or not. And that's my opinion! So I don't care what you have to say.
yes even Osama had an opinion but that didn't counted for much ... anyway, before taking a cheap shot at Hindu traditions just be careful about how much you can take it.

I don't know why that retard jamaati decides to hang around in the Desi corner. She loathes everything desi, but maybe hasn't learnt Arabic sufficiently well to act like one of them in the Arab corner. :lol:
I swear man, I can shame them with specific rebuttals for every cheap shot they take at Indians or Hindus but i guess they can't digest the respect.

Yes this is how we call ourselves. Noun for assamese (?)
assamese language = axomiya bhasa
assamese people/community= axomiya manuh/jati

'x' is pronounced as soft 'kh' from back of throat axomiya = akhomiya

I've also seen Assam being spelt as Ahom by a few Assamese....probably has to do with the Ahom kingdom I guess.

Girl you're way out of your league here.We Bengalis are much more superior to your people in every aspect.Hence world know our race as the "French of Asia",but the same can't be said about your countrymen.We don't even consider you as Bengalis and nowadays people here in Bengal use the word "Bangaldeshi" as a derogatory term.We have nothing in common between us.While our race produced countless number of top scientists,economists,doctors,engineers,lawyers,mathematician,astrophysicist over the ages your country despite being an independent one for the last 42 years has fail to produce one decent scientist or mathematician or a doctor,practically your country hasn't achieved anything since 1971.

French of Asia?? Hahaha! Stop dreaming! :laughcry: No one would have even noticed about anything "Bengali" if it weren't for us, fighting for this "Language", it's us who glorified this language and culture so be grateful to us, and know your place. The only things you guys had is Rabindranath Thakur and I don't know anyone other than him. :rolleyes1: So, I have no idea what kind of "countless number of top scientists, economists, doctors, engineers, lawyers, mathematician, astrophysicist", you are talking about, that's making you so boastful of yourself? :what: And who said we don't have any notable people!? It's double more than you all! :azn:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bangladeshi_people

Your education system is in shambles and hence each year thousands of your fellow countrymen come to India for higher study.Your health care system is practically non-existant,heck you don't even have one decent doctor in the entire country.

Are you kidding me!? Our education system is really good! :agree: And our English medium school follows the British system of education and not some Indian made up stuff. And if we have to go to abroad then we rather go to America or Europe, why to India?? :blink: It's only the BD fakirs who go to India and we are glad that it's taking problems away from our shoulders. Do whatever you want with them, convert them, kill them, we don't care. :undecided: And speaking of decent doctor... If that's true, then every single Bangladeshi would have gone to India for treatment but that's not the case because we indeed have excellent and reputable doctors and healthcare! :yes4: And speaking of health, why is there so much malnourishment in India but not in Bangladesh? Your doctors really can't do anything and you have poor health service, and besides India is known for being an unhygienic nation!

Whenever the term "Bengali" is used anywhere in the world people related it to us who are original Bengalis not some wannabe Arab or Turk like your countrymen...

Yes, we are different; and both sides thinks that they're better than each other, I guess. However, we are Bangladeshis! So for what reason will we want to be wannabes? :big_boss: But the truth still remains is that, we have an independent sovereign country which we are proud off and recognised all over the World, especially for the might we have shown during the Liberation War. Unfortunately, currently pretty much most of the things in our country are controlled by India; but not for long... :mad: History will repeat itself and we will do what needs to be done for good! :angry:
And then.. You are just another boring Indian state. :lazy2:

It's a reality girl.Bengalis generally view Bangaldeshis as some lungiwala hill billy who pole vault to our land illegally and become parasites to our society.The day you take back 30 millions of your compatriots back home we'll stop addressing your countrymen as "lungiwalas"

30 million!? Stop making up those silly figures!
Well, just another hypocritical and delusional Indian dhotiwala. :coffee:

French of Asia?? Hahaha! Stop dreaming! :laughcry: No one would have even noticed about anything "Bengali" if it weren't for us, fighting for this "Language", it's us who glorified this language and culture so be grateful to us, and know your place. The only things you guys had is Rabindranath Thakur and I don't know anyone other than him. :rolleyes1: So, I have no idea what kind of "countless number of top scientists, economists, doctors, engineers, lawyers, mathematician, astrophysicist", you are talking about, that's making you so boastful of yourself? :what: And who said we don't have any notable people!? It's double more than you all! :azn:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bangladeshi_people

Are you kidding me!? Our education system is really good! :agree: And our English medium school follows the British system of education and not some Indian made up stuff. And if we have to go to abroad then we rather go to America or Europe, why to India?? :blink: It's only the BD fakirs who go to India and we are glad that it's taking problems away from our shoulders. Do whatever you want with them, convert them, kill them, we don't care. :undecided: And speaking of decent doctor... If that's true, then every single Bangladeshi would have gone to India for treatment but that's not the case because we indeed have excellent and reputable doctors and healthcare! :yes4: And speaking of health, why is there so much malnourishment in India but not in Bangladesh? Your doctors really can't do anything and you have poor health service, and besides India is known for being an unhygienic nation!

Yes, we are different; and both sides thinks that they're better than each other, I guess. However, we are Bangladeshis! So for what reason will we want to be wannabes? :big_boss: But the truth still remains is that, we have an independent sovereign country which we are proud off and recognised all over the World, especially for the might we have shown during the Liberation War. Unfortunately, currently pretty much most of the things in our country are controlled by India; but not for long... :mad: History will repeat itself and we will do what needs to be done for good! :angry:
And then.. You are just another boring Indian state. :lazy2:

30 million!? Stop making up those silly figures!
Well, just another hypocritical and delusional Indian dhotiwala. :coffee:
Shut the **** up and get rid of that stupid font.

I've also seen Assam being spelt as Ahom by a few Assamese....probably has to do with the Ahom kingdom I guess.
No ahom is just a name of a dominant and powerful community ,who mostly live in the eastern most part of assam. They are are the descendant of a ethnic tai people who migrated to assam in 13th century. They conquered the eastern assam including some part of present day nagaland and slowly assimilated into local population and extended their rule upto present day capital city guwahati , which was a frontier outpost of Koch-rajbonshi community.Following the defeat of mughals the ahom kingdom assimilated the eastern koch kingdom and extended their rule upto present day west-bengal -assam border and it stayed so till today . So they are credited with unifying the most of present day assam into one and for giving it a name , axom/asom which british corrupted by calling assam..:enjoy:

Shut the **** up and get rid of that stupid font.

Carrey_no.gif

Muslim and these overly Hindu traditions don't go together, and no one is trying to copy anyone!
And to be honest, bindis like the big red ones are ugly, like it or not. And that's my opinion! So I don't care what you have to say.
Yes So does Bangalies and Burkha ... but yet they do to prove Arabs that they are more Arabs than them.

Yes So does Bangalies and Burkha ... but yet they do to prove Arabs that they are more Arabs than them.

Why do you keep quoting my same post? o_O Oh sorry, if that really hurt you or something. Now, stop quoting me. -_-

Back
Top Bottom