What's new

Indo-Bangla celebrations to mark Tagore`s 150th birth anniversary

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score

Last Updated: Sunday, April 08, 2012, 10:45

Indo-Bangla celebrations to mark Tagore`s 150th birth anniversary Agartala: As a tribute to Rabindranath Tagore, artists of India and Bangladesh have begun jointly performing various cultural shows, including drama, on the themes penned by the Nobel laureate bard. Bangladesh`s Monipuri Theatre group staged Tagore`s noted drama ‘Debotar Grash’ here Friday night.

"A 32-member Bangladesh artists` troupe along with a large number of Indian artists would present various cultural shows in Agartala Sunday," Tripura government information and cultural department secretary Shantanu Das told reporters here.

Tripura chief secretary Sanjay Kumar Panda, who inaugurated the two-day joint cultural show, said: "Tagore had pooled the people of India and Bangladesh. With this cultural performance, the closeness would be further strengthened."

"With this cultural diplomacy, the people of the two nations, especially the younger generations, would know each other for the future prosperity of the two countries," said the Bangladesh government`s mission head in Agartala, Obaidur Rahman.

Monipuri Theatre of Bangladesh is also scheduled to stage ‘Debotar Grash’ in Silchar in southern Assam while another Bangladeshi cultural organisation will perform programmes in Meghalaya capital Shillong and Tripura capital Agartala.

A Bangladesh government official said here that the artistes from Pallabi Dance Centre of that country staged Tagore`s famous dance drama ‘Shapmochan’ Thursday in New Delhi`s Kamani Auditorium.

The official said that as part of the ongoing joint celebrations of the 150th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore between India and Bangladesh, the Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre and the Indian High Commission in Dhaka are also organising Tagore Dance Drama ‘Chitrangada’ in Odissi style in various cities of Bangladesh.

Composed, choreographed and directed by noted Odissi exponent from India, Debamitra Sengupta, the dance drama would be staged at the Medical College Hall in Rajshahi in Bangladesh Sunday. The drama was performed at Jatiyo Natyashala under Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy in Dhaka Friday.

The joint cultural celebration and performances are part of the commemorations of Tagore`s 150th birth anniversary. The cultural ministries of the two countries are organising the joint cultural programmes.

Bangladesh Prime minister Sheikh Hasina had inaugurated the joint celebrations of Tagore`s 150th birth anniversary last year in Dhaka with Indian Vice President Hamid Ansari present on that occasion.

Indian artists and cultural organisations had performed in Dhaka last year.

Tagore was born May 7, 1861.

IANS

I dont think their is anything wrong with celebrating the life of a great Artist , Poet and Nobel Laureate

Tagore is an indian and doesn't even represent bangladesh culture.Most of his songs are boring and have paganism hidden in it. Its only BAL and the atheist susil shamaj found in the intellectually bankrupt bangla academy celebrates this Tagore. Even
this article is from an indian news paper. He is A-Z indian and represent hindu culture.

Tagwhore is an indian and doesn't even represent bangladesh culture.Most of his songs are boring and have paganism hidden in it. Its only BAL and the atheist susil shamaj found in the intellectually bankrupt bangla academy celebrates this Tagwhore. Even
this article is from an indian news paper. He is A-Z indian and represent hindu culture.

first you should change your national anthem...:tongue:

QUOTE=Luffy 500;2792678]Tagwhore is an indian and doesn't even represent bangladesh culture.Most of his songs are boring and have paganism hidden in it. Its only BAL and the atheist susil shamaj found in the intellectually bankrupt bangla academy celebrates this Tagwhore. Even
[/QUOTE]
Seriously you are a nut case dear, have you read any of his literary work to throw mud at most famous Bengali writer of last century.
He was the first asian to win Noble prize in literature, which speaks volume about this literary genius.
He was a nationalist, there is a reason why both our country use National Anthem written by him.

first you should change your national anthem...:tongue:

I am unfortunately is not a great fan of my national anthem. It doesn't even have the word bangladesh in it. It encompasses
W.bengal in it and was written in 1905 during the bengal partition. Heck...it doesn't even represent our culture as well and was
declared national anthem by none other than BAL. Subsequent Gov even though were more patriotic didn't change the anthem.
This freaking anthem doesn't bode well for out unique identity as a country and I will be really happy if it ever get changed.

I am unfortunately is not a great fan of my national anthem. It doesn't even have the word bangladesh in it. It encompasses
W.bengal in it and was written in 1905 during the bengal partition. Heck...it doesn't even represent our culture as well and was
declared national anthem by none other than BAL. Subsequent Gov even though were more patriotic didn't change the anthem.
This freaking anthem doesn't bode well for out unique identity as a country and I will be really happy if it ever get changed.

yaa...sorry to say but your national anthem suck big time... worst in the world.

Seriously you are a nut case dear, have you read any of his literary work to throw mud at most famous Bengali writer of last century.
He was the first asian to win Noble prize in literature, which speaks volume about this literary genius.
He was a nationalist, there is a reason why both our country use National Anthem written by him.

He may have been done great literary work but all his work represent hindu bengali culture not
E.bengali culture. He is an indian and so india can have anthem written by him but it was a mistake
in our case. We have our own great artist and writters like Abdul Hakim , AL Mahmud and not to
forget our national poet Kazi nazrul Islam. Why would we need this Tagore.

even though he didn't represent your culture ..why are you abusing him for no reason ?

"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy."

Nice work by both sides.....

PS: Someone please tell the retard that his mommy would spank him if he says tag-***** again.

He may have been done great literary work but all his work represent hindu bengali culture not
E.bengali culture. He is an indian and so india can have anthem written by him but it was a mistake
in our case. We have our own great artist and writters like Abdul Hakim , AL Mahmud and not to
forget our national poet Kazi nazrul Islam. Why would we need this tagwhore.
Though Kazi Nazrul Islam is great but he was not Bangladeshi by born rather i would like to see a through and through Bangladeshi Jasimuddin as our national poet.

forget our national poet Kazi nazrul Islam. Why would we need this tagwhore.

Bengali is Hindu Language.

Bangladeshis should Learn Some Islamic Language like Arabic, Farsi or Some Somalian Language. :lol:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom