What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

We Should move to build indigenous ground attack missile like Maverick before moving toward more complicated Air to Air missile, and should be more universal launched so they can be fired from our patrol aircraft like CN235, Attack Aircraft like Super Tucano, Hawk, GE, helicopter like Apache or Caracal. By then we should optimized the forces toward ground support units
Well i did copy an article a couple days ago about this. It seems we're kind of into that direction, designing reverse engineer model for AGM-65 Maverick however how far have we progressed ourself on guidance systems tech, microjet engine, propellant, etc ? That's the difficult part, rather than developing our own from scratch we should've license produced existing missile platforms.
4299368b26c3da98100b8f268ac388b9 (1).jpg

Infographic of Wedgetail AEWC
Credit to Fb page FSM
FB_IMG_15532672361615779.jpg

Late post
Tactical Data Link course from USPACOM for TNI & TNI-AU
FB_IMG_15642921656599635.jpg

Credit to ODC ( Office of Defense Cooperation ) Indonesia

https://www.lighthousereports.nl/ourprojects/2018/10/25/investigation-damen-shipyards

Investigation by Openbaar Ministerie ( Ministry of Justice ) on Damen Schelde Shipyard corruption allegations
Key points :

Story 1: On the sales-culture of Damen Shipyards and an issue in Sierra Leone that set a series of investigations in motion.

Story 2: On the allegation of corruption and the identity of the agent in Indonesia.

Story 3: On the selling of a eight vessel to Libya without a proper license. And one of these vessels now is being used against migrants by a coast guard with a sinister reputation.

Story 4: On Somalia, yet to be published

Well i did copy an article a couple days ago about this. It seems we're kind of into that direction, designing reverse engineer model for AGM-65 Maverick however how far have we progressed ourself on guidance systems tech, microjet engine, propellant, etc ? That's the difficult part, rather than developing our own from scratch we should've license produced existing missile platforms.View attachment 571172

Infographic of Wedgetail AEWC
Credit to Fb page FSM
View attachment 571174

Late post
Tactical Data Link course from USPACOM for TNI & TNI-AU
View attachment 571175
Credit to ODC ( Office of Defense Cooperation ) Indonesia

Need
https://www.lighthousereports.nl/ourprojects/2018/10/25/investigation-damen-shipyards

Investigation by Openbaar Ministerie ( Ministry of Justice ) on Damen Schelde Shipyard corruption allegations
Key points :

Story 1: On the sales-culture of Damen Shipyards and an issue in Sierra Leone that set a series of investigations in motion.

Story 2: On the allegation of corruption and the identity of the agent in Indonesia.

Story 3: On the selling of a eight vessel to Libya without a proper license. And one of these vessels now is being used against migrants by a coast guard with a sinister reputation.

Story 4: On Somalia, yet to be published

Good reading, well parts of it is will go to the structural defect of Sigma class frigate i had mentioned in the past but i still refrain from made further statements because of the sensitivity of this issue. But yeah, there is another reasons why Menhan and other likely to awarded the next frigates toward Oden Shipyard consortium. The SIGMA is very pricey considering the prices of their subsytem should not that be high.

Need

Good reading, well parts of it is will go to the structural defect of Sigma class frigate i had mentioned in the past but i still refrain from made further statements because of the sensitivity of this issue. But yeah, there is another reasons why Menhan and other likely to awarded the next frigates toward Oden Shipyard consortium. The SIGMA is very pricey considering the prices of their subsytem should not that be high.
Are the defect on purpose or not?

Need

would we going to abandon the thales tacticos and switched to terma c-series as now the supplier were from danish origin ?

Need

What i'm thinking will this investigation in Netherlands drags PT.PAL's name ? This will smear reputation we trying to build

What i'm thinking will this investigation in Netherlands drags PT.PAL's name ? This will smear reputation we trying to build

The middle man it is, and PT PAL just an end user of this programme

https://gentleseas.blogspot.com/2019/04/can-australia-monitor-foreign.html?m=1

So it seems since decades ago our submarine has been detected by Australia's underwater magnetometers radars and sensors.

One of the IPAS projects will utilise [quantum] magnetometers in underwater geophysical discovery contexts to track submarine activity.

Professor Andre Luiten said the technology, primarily employed to detect variations caused by the presence of ferrous (unoxidized) iron in the total magnetic field, will be applied for Defence to discover underwater vessels.

“These magnetometers can detect very small magnetic fields,” he said. “The goal of this project is to build sensors that go on the seabed which detect the presence of submarines through their properties. You’d essentially set up a trip wire around assets that are of importance to Australia."

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/t...super-stealth-submarines-could-take-any-21021

Looks like we need German Type 212 submarine made from nonmagnetic to bypass those radars. Not that they'll sell it to us.

So it seems since decades ago our submarine has been detected by Australia's underwater magnetometers radars and sensors.

One of the IPAS projects will utilise [quantum] magnetometers in underwater geophysical discovery contexts to track submarine activity.

Professor Andre Luiten said the technology, primarily employed to detect variations caused by the presence of ferrous (unoxidized) iron in the total magnetic field, will be applied for Defence to discover underwater vessels.

“These magnetometers can detect very small magnetic fields,” he said. “The goal of this project is to build sensors that go on the seabed which detect the presence of submarines through their properties. You’d essentially set up a trip wire around assets that are of importance to Australia."

SOSUS and other under sea apparatus is had been in place since decades it just we never put attention to this passive detector tools lying even under our sea bed.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/t...super-stealth-submarines-could-take-any-21021

Looks like we need German Type 212 submarine made from nonmagnetic to bypass those radars. Not that they'll sell it to us.
Well the cost of 1 Type-212 is approximately 560 Million € converted to US$ is around 625 Million US$, almost twice of DSME 1400. Even if we can afford it, there's no guarantee Germany would sell us ( though they've been more relaxed recently regarding arms export including proposal of Type-212 for Royal Norway Navy ). The closest we potentially can acquire is STM Type-214 / Rey Class, Turkish version of Thyssenkrupp Type-214 Class ( we have signed LoI in 2017 ) however i doubt that even following 3rd batch of submarines in 2025/2026 that we will go outside DSME 1400.
FB_IMG_15502200002092728.jpg

Australia should not be worry of our submarines! Why?

There are two reasons why Australia should not be worry on our subs :

1. Our submarines U209 has maximum range of 19000 km. Our coast line has 99093 km long (according to BIG).

99093/19000 = 5,2 rounded to 6 positions.

If 1 positions to be filled with 2 subs (1 unit on duty and 1 unit on alert or maintenance) therefore 6 x 2 = 12 submarines needed.

In this case, the purpose of our 12 submarines is only to guard our coastal line, preventing any evil infiltrations come into our islands, either from the surface of the ocean or down under the seas.

2. Time needed to build the submarines.
We already have 3 nagapasas for first batch. For the second batch of 3 unit needs 7 years (from 2019 plus 7 years comes to 2026). The third and fourth batch are also need 7 years each.

Current Nagapasas 3 unit
2019 - 2026 = 3 unit (2019+7 = 2026)
2026 - 2033 = 3 unit (2026+7 = 2033)
2033 - 2040 = 3 unit (2033+7 = 2040)

3+3+3+3 = 12

Thus all of these 12 submarines will be completed on 2040!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom