What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

In this country all of his doing warrant impeachment
Pretty much insane up there in the north. The problem is their instability will drag the region into a great conflict. Duterte actually did consult with Lorenzana on renting Subic Bay & Clark AFB ( ex US base ) to China. Hell that's beyond insane. Fortunately they cancelled this however they intend to review US Philippines MDT

Nice we must take turkish professional in alutsista.
We have sent many student that invited by turkish scholarship. Now this time to take the professional now lol

Btw Turkish govt say they invite many foreign student to study in turkey to overcome brain drain in turkey. They invite student from pakistan, syria indonesia etc to resolve brain drain. Hmmmm how they can do that??

They (the Turkish akp gov party) have close relationship with PKS, and many of our students counsil and body had relationship with PKS cell, it just easy task for them to sort out brilliant student and send them to study in Turkey. We should made move to taking their brilliance as well as there is lately a growing Turkish community in Indonesia

They (the Turkish akp gov party) have close relationship with PKS, and many of our students counsil and body had relationship with PKS cell, it just easy task for them to sort out brilliant student and send them to study in Turkey. We should made move to taking their brilliance as well as there is lately a growing Turkish community in Indonesia
I would prefer cooperation with the South Korean tbh, the Turks are good and we can continue cooperating with them, but i see an even greater potential in the South Korean cooperation, we should not waste that opportunity and make them a priority.

Pretty much insane up there in the north. The problem is their instability will drag the region into a great conflict. Duterte actually did consult with Lorenzana on renting Subic Bay & Clark AFB ( es US base ) to China. Hell that's beyond insane. Fortunately they cancelled this however they intend to review US Philippines MDT

Dont Duterte know his move will made all of their neighbour wary against philippine including US and oz, Indonesia surely dont like China military base in Philippine and would rather to see Philippine fragmented into smaller Countries than become a host of Superpower just a few hours flight from Java with all of their destructive weaponry

"Hey American friends,

Our K-Pop friends just given us Pohang. I think your remaining Hamiltons and Cyclones looks very tired already. If you can bring them together with Nimitz, rest assured we can take care of them as part of our strong friendship.

Warmest regards,
Delfin
"

Yeah, proven fact once more.
Armed hostile fleet appear in phil waters

Proceed to buy latest spec tacticool M4 carbine rifle with latest infantry gear.

Preety much sums up how the philippines see what matters most

Dont Duterte know his move will made all of their neighbour wary against philippine including US and oz, Indonesia surely dont like China military base in Philippine and would rather to see Philippine fragmented into smaller Countries than become a host of Superpower just a few hours flight from Java with all of their destructive weaponry
People called him asian trump for some obvious reason. He's a populist ridiculous leader with no clear national objective while showing off his ego. Kinda like sinetron artist.

The man is insane, i think i've seen video of him sent by my Filipino friend during state banquet making speech on how he was molested by Priest when he was at Primary and how he slightly " like the same sex " , i don't have prejudice against that kind of people but that's not something President would say at state banquet. What do you expect from him ?

I would prefer cooperation with the South Korean tbh, the Turks are good and we can continue cooperating with them, but i see an even greater potential in the South Korean cooperation, we should not waste that opportunity and make them a priority.
South korea is already one of our biggest military coop partner. I would like to see if in the future we will make a sokor designed based frigate rather than sigma. Our sokor designed lpd has seen huge success, not to mention our sokor designed submarine that eventually be our first domestic one

"Hey American friends,

Our K-Pop friends just given us Pohang. I think your remaining Hamiltons and Cyclones looks very tired already. If you can bring them together with Nimitz, rest assured we can take care of them as part of our strong friendship.

Warmest regards,
Delfin
"

Yeah, proven fact once more.
We can give them saracen or bronco

While Duterte is indeed a weird one and his policies regarding Philippines sovereignty in SCS not only doesn't make sense, but are actually endangering Phil sovereignty as a country and also the region as a whole. To claim that we, Indonesia, would rather see the Philippines become fragmented is way too far...

For one, Indonesia always believed in the territorial integrity of nation states, we never had this idea that breaking up states is a good thing, especially not to a neighboring and friendly state. A fragmented Philippines also means the smaller states will be more easily influenced (or be frightened) by China, remember they still have communist insurgency ongoing till today (NPA), so communist ideals are still alive in some segment of their society and China can make use of that or even turn them into allies. The southern Moro states would probably become fundamentalist Islamic states where radical militants will find safe haven and training grounds.. We are already having issues with these Moro based militants and it will only get worse in a fragmented Philippines with no central gov. Piracy and kidnappings will also be a major problem in the area. So no, I don't see how a fragmented Phil will be beneficial to us or to the region, most likely it will be worse. And anyway China already has military bases in the Spratly islands and the distance to us is more or less the same.

However if we are to be worried about a possible Chinese military base then it's not in the Philippines we should be worried about... but in Timor Leste. China is already investing a lot in TL, most of TL new infrastructure projects are financed by China, like the Presidential palace, Army HQ, airport, toll roads, etc. However TL economy is not looking good... Their oil and gas fields are already past peak production and are now decreasing and is estimated to run out in the not too far future. Even today TL is already using their Oil & Gas savings fund to finance their annual budget. It's not hard to imagine TL becoming broke and indebted to China and be forced to lease their ports or airports, effectively turning it into a Chinese base... With TL located in our soft underbelly such a scenario is going to be a disaster for us (and to OZ as well), China will be able to freely monitor and spy on in the area or even station their military assets there.. It will be like having a dagger pointed to our belly. Hopefully this is something that our (and Oz) gov have anticipated and are taking steps to prevent such a scenario.

While Duterte is indeed a weird one and his policies regarding Philippines sovereignty in SCS not only doesn't make sense, but are actually endangering Phil sovereignty as a country and also the region as a whole. To claim that we, Indonesia, would rather see the Philippines become fragmented is way too far...

For one, Indonesia always believed in the territorial integrity of nation states, we never had this idea that breaking up states is a good thing, especially not to a neighboring and friendly state. A fragmented Philippines also means the smaller states will be more easily influenced (or be frightened) by China, remember they still have communist insurgency ongoing till today (NPA), so communist ideals are still alive in some segment of their society and China can make use of that or even turn them into allies. The southern Moro states would probably become fundamentalist Islamic states where radical militants will find safe haven and training grounds.. We are already having issues with these Moro based militants and it will only get worse in a fragmented Philippines with no central gov. Piracy and kidnappings will also be a major problem in the area. So no, I don't see how a fragmented Phil will be beneficial to us or to the region, most likely it will be worse. And anyway China already has military bases in the Spratly islands and the distance to us is more or less the same.

However if we are to be worried about a possible Chinese military base then it's not in the Philippines we should be worried about... but in Timor Leste. China is already investing a lot in TL, most of TL new infrastructure projects are financed by China, like the Presidential palace, Army HQ, airport, toll roads, etc. However TL economy is not looking good... Their oil and gas fields are already past peak production and are now decreasing and is estimated to run out in the not too far future. Even today TL is already using their Oil & Gas savings fund to finance their annual budget. It's not hard to imagine TL becoming broke and indebted to China and be forced to lease their ports or airports, effectively turning it into a Chinese base... With TL located in our soft underbelly such a scenario is going to be a disaster for us (and to OZ as well), China will be able to freely monitor and spy on in the area or even station their military assets there.. It will be like having a dagger pointed to our belly. Hopefully this is something that our (and Oz) gov have anticipated and are taking steps to prevent such a scenario.
Well i think i've posted a while ago. A decade old document from Wikileaks regarding Chinese proposal about constructing surveillance radar manned by PLA personnels to PM Xanana Gusmao. However after much consultation with PM John Howard, they rejected the offer but idk about now. That pretty much like 21st century version of Cuba crisis don't you think ?

They lose control of two islets in South China sea through South Vietnamese treacherous acts, and thats case kinda baffled me. If this happened against Indonesia we will retaliate by using forces if needed

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2013/01/04/893091/vietnam-puts-supermarket-occupied-pugad-island
In 1968, Filipino troops established a military garrison in Pugad but Vietnamese forces took possession in 1975, when the Filipinos left to attend a birthday party of their commanding officer based at nearby Parola.
Hm....
Indonesia in other way has been always made into thinking that we ourself must solve the problems we have, not someone else but we ourself
But some times there is a special case, like how we accept the INTERFET.
Philippines is indeed the "best" direct neighbor of ours, where we have almost no dispute with.

But they take the exact opposite route, they wanted foreign companies to take over their defunct industries like the recent Austal takover of their shipyard....my question is simply : why? isn't it better if Philippines just do things like the rest of the globe? to build up it's own capability and to not keep relying on other countries?
Best neighbor? Hm.... maybe? at least they are not bad.

Logical decision to save their shipbuilding industry for now, maybe they can take it over again when things get better.
Sure they do, just look at Maxdefense or Philippines Defense Forums page they want to raise ASEAN " NATO " like military alliance to help them. Well they're dreaming too much, political differences and constitutional issue, there's no way something like that will ever happen in Southeast Asia.
There is low chance of military alliance by any ASEAN member. IMO.
Not to mention a certain country that have a very low possibility to join any military alliance (country with initial i).

Agree.

And about TL, their economy relying too much to petroleum, some day the oil well will dry out, they must prepare.
Also AU spying on them during the negotiation. :|

Well i think i've posted a while ago. A decade old document from Wikileaks regarding Chinese proposal about constructing surveillance radar manned by PLA personnels to PM Xanana Gusmao. However after much consultation with PM John Howard, they rejected the offer but idk about now. That pretty much like 21st century version of Cuba crisis don't you think ?

Indeed, in such scenario TL will be the Cuba of southeast asia... Oz (and us) will probably go nuts when we see Chinese radars, bombers, ships and missiles being parked there... More than a decade ago TL can reject such offer as they still have options... Their oil fields have just begun production, aid from Oz and other western states are plentiful, no debt, Chinese influence and investment in TL are still low, and overall China is less powerful both economically and militarily.. However circumstances today are different, China is both more powerful and aggressive (and will be even more in the future) while TL economy is slowing due to lower oil production and low oil prices. China is providing lots of loans to TL for their infra projects and TL might become debt trapped if their projects failed to generate revenue and unable to service their loans. In that case TL might have no option if China demands to take over a part their port or airport as payment just like what's happening in Srilanka.

Btw i never heard form turkish media that they are pks brother imho. Likely many Indonesian media or maybe pks fans say they are related to akp imho
:-)

If you or your relative get YTB scholarship likely you didnt involved with PKS or any kind but if you get study invitation from another source maybe yes you will involved in pks (my friend's father pks member get scholarship but usually in socio-politic) or you study in Turkey but from an agnecy some of them likely or not (sorry ane jelasinnya pke bahasa, ko jdi bingung :v kadang ada yang nawarin kuliah d turki dgn harga murah, nah agensi ini kalo ane cek2 kadang ada post nya yg mirip ama fb fans erdogan idk kdg i see some post in fans erdogan also related ttg agensi tsb jualan jasa pendidikan turki)

Ph army have good infantry gear (imho)
As i see ph marine in marawi they use kevlar etc

As i know philipines have good small arms industries some of their pistol exported to USA

So maybe philipina have "infantry stronk doktrin?

Btw if we saw many news many indonesian compny has invested in Timles. Telkom pertamina

Btw why i see many pakistani user use emoji frequntly while Indonesian didnt kwkwkjw

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom