What's new

Induction of Balochistanis in Pak Army - All News

Army and GoP are the two faces of the same coin. Besides all that started during the time of late Zia ul Haque.
Well you again are back at the start point.

Started what?

Ethnic cleansing?

Because most of the refugees were Pathans. Whereas a majority of Uzbaks, Tajiks infiltrated into Balochistan.
So are most in Balochistan.

Tomorrow i may find you saying that as many Sindhis have shifted to Punjab so there is a threat for the Punjabi residents!

Moreover, i think you want to suggest that There should be nobody other than sindhis in Sindh, nobody other than the Punjabis in Punjab, and so forth!

Uzbaks and Tajiks in balochistan !!! wow!

US is the nation of immigrants. This question should be asked from the Native Americans who's land was stolen than you’ll get the correct answer.
Ahan!

i wonder why dont they ban entry to the foreigners and aliens.

BTW, i happened to interview a Native American when i was in the States, i'll quote the interview if you require it, i never find any 'crib' in that interview!

Very few Sindhis and most Karachites were immigrants by themselves.
So why it doesnt bother you?

Karachi is liable to be taken over by the 'immigrnts' but it hurts when they similar things happen to Balochistan?

No doubt the Balochs are still poor as they dont want to react and interact with outsiders. Keeping within themselves and not allowing the influx of fresh blood no doubt stagnate the genes.

Ever wonder Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar etc etc are more advanced? (except for their being the provincial capitals) Quetta again can be included in the list because it some how or the other have allowed the access to the outside world.

What is PU?
i was talking about Punjab University, angraiz:)

Establishment of training schools does not change demography.
Yes it does.
Try to visit those areas, they have totally changed because of these institution.

By change i mean that women still do 'parda', men still keep beards, they still are aggressive and emotional and they still eat lots of 'niswar', so no change as regards to traditions and customs, which should worry you (as you are worried about the demographic changes in Balichistan) but they are more aware of many many things as compared to the areas which are 'away' from army's and airforce's influence!

Get some time and try to compare the 'growth' in the initial stages in those areas and the development there today. Also compare this 'rate' to those areas that remained void of the military access.

Besides why exactly does PA want to establish more cantonments in Balochistan?

What exactly is the problem in establishing more cantonments?

Other than it would restrict access to sardars and smugglers and it will pose a constant check on drug lords and car snatchers?

i wonder why people never resisted establishment of cantts in Sindh and Punjab, they also come from the same country.

Only and only if, people as leanered as you stop thinking about callow ideas and start telling your own people the benefits of these developments, things would have been very much different.

An example:
When it was decided the a cantt should be made in Pano Aqil, there was so much resistance that the Army even had to make use of tanks, but today when the cantt has been established every tome dick and harry wishes that another cantt be made in the surroundings.
Reasons:
Army schools were constructed

A CMH which provides care to hundreds is there.

A railway station was made there, just because it was in the requirements of the cantt. And ofcurse the locals benefits from it the most.

The 'demographic' changes that the Army brought along (100s of officers who accidentally happened to be well read and well groomed and thousands of troops who again are better then many poor souls because of the 'awareness' and education that the army imparts in them) paved a way for the locals to compete and 'be like' them.

These 1000 of men directly and indirectly boosted the local economy.

Not to mention the requirements of the military itself and of its men to ask for things that were usually not available in Pano Aqil initially (like removable hard drive, IDE to SATA cables, Chicken nuggets, 90 gram papers, binding/printing facilities, excessive transportation systems, computer accessories..i really have to get down to these petty things as still there are majority of areas in Pakistan where people dont even know of these things)

i dont want to say that the Army was some kinda superior being and the poor residents of PAqil were inferior but that thing is that humans tend to learn from others. If i see something new and nice what stops me to adopt it? i dont say that hadn't the Army been there they would have stayed in the dark ages, but atleast it acted as a catalyst!

When i was in Siachen i had to conduct a survey as regards to the developments of the locals in Dansum and surroundings.

i observed the following things:

Those people there never even cooked the food due to the extreme cold. They just used to make a mixture of flour and stuff and bury it in the ground for the coming six months and just ate out from the ground.

The Army told them how to cook and use a thing known as 'cooking oil'. well i dont mean that we run the cooking classes there, but ofcourse when i will start 'importing' oil in that area and hiring the locals as cooks with the passage of time the 'awareness' will prevail.

They never knew that what chicken is (most of them), they were unaware of stuff like condiments, TV was like a magic to them, what to talk about computers and printers!!

If the Army wanted it could have asked an 'outsider' to contract the stuff that it requirs, but no, instead the locals were encourged to bring in the stuff, they were 'forced; that they should go out of that 1 km by 1 km village and see the world outside. Which, gladly, they did and the end result, you find their kids playing games on PCs, you find them drinking pepsi and stuff, you find them wearing guud cloths, they know that there is something known as newspaper.

Gradually kids were 'made' to reach APSs in pindi and other areas (those who excelled in the local schools run by the Army) and now i quote you a long list from the area of the men who today serve the Army as Officers!! i call this an achievement! A place were the only 'mashgala' was soothing the Zohs (the big huge cow type creature with long hairs usually found in the high mountains) now were talking about the poverty in the country and seemed concerned about the global economic crisis!!

The people who used to sit and sh!t anywhere they wanted were much mature and sensible now.

Today all of them know how speak Urdu, initially we had to talk with them as if we were talking to someone in the stone ages!

i dont say that the Army is the savior but the thing is that it has a default process which tends to bring development along due to its huge size and requirements!

Though this is not exactly the reason of constructing the cantts in Balochistan but it definitely is a small shine in the bigger picture!

I think one of the practical reasons why the Army's physical standards are lower for Baluchi conscripts is because Baluchistan is the most impoverish province of Pakistan, employment is low, health care is a major issue, and food quality there is poor. So it's really hard to expect our countrymen from our poorest parts to compete with our countrymen in the wealthiest or better to do parts.

If food quality and food supply is inadequate for long periods of time, people will tend to weigh less, shorter heights, smaller chest frame and etc...

Well nutrition also affects the brain — if we go by your logic then one will need to raise the criterion of education from matric to intermediate (rather than bring it down to 8th class! :what:) for candidates to be at par with those from "the wealthiest or better to do parts."

The following relaxations have been granted to the candidates of Balochistan Domicile holders:-

Category------------------------Standards

-------------------------For other--------For
-------------------------Provinces----Balochistan

Education----------------Matric--------8th Class

Height------------------167.5 cm-----162.5 cm

Chest-------------------78-83 cm-----74-79 cm

Age---------------------17-23 yrs------17-26 yrs

The above mentioned relaxations will be implemented for all arms and services, except following:

Tech in Sigs/EME Corps

CMP Corps (military police)

a. What is the criteria for Tech Sigs/EME corps and CMP corps?

b. Aren't these relaxations way too lenient... I can understand the age and physical parameters but education.

c. Won't this be retrograde for the army? Since this is the second batch, any news on the first batch and how many Balochs were inducted therein?

Enigma, should we request the Mods to merge this thread into the pre-existing thread "Changing demographics and standards in the Army? Since you have started the thread, your input is important.

Enigma, should we request the Mods to merge this thread into the pre-existing thread "Changing demographics and standards in the Army? Since you have started the thread, your input is important.

Yes it may be a guud idea but i'll like to keep this one separate atleast till the 20th, i asked Webby to post it on the PDF home page till 20th but sakoon dot com.

a. What is the criteria for Tech Sigs/EME corps and CMP corps?
i dont exactly remember them now, but they are different then the 'regular' inductees. For instance for CMP the minimum height requirement is like 6 feet atleast. Moreover as the Sigs and EME chaps have to do some tech stuff other than GD things they want some 'brainy':D intake. Which mean that guys having better scores in matric are preferred.

i'll check for the exact requirements. i was busy like hell today!

b. Aren't these relaxations way too lenient... I can understand the age and physical parameters but education.
Well lenient..may be, but not exactly. 5 cm of height difference won't make a soldier 'bad'. As for your main concern about the education part i would say that i have seen old faujis who were not even middle pass better than the new comers who were even FA/FSc. Though as a general trend of lowering the education standards may have a certain effect but it would be nullified as they have to go like through training in every field. They have to pass through the rigors of training during their entire stay in the military and we make sure that they know what for what they are paid for! As most of these Balochs would be forming part of the main stream military i.e. rifle G3 and truck 2.5 tons so it would bot be difficult for them to adjust, as their work would not be as technical as the people from Sigs, EME, Missile groups, Survey and Meteorology have to do.

The main emphasis is on the IQ level when people are inducted in the military. So these things (the IQ stuff) probably would be tested throughly so that they dont land in trouble when they finally become trained soldiers. Lowering the standard to 8th class is done to get more boys to appear in the induction process thus increasing the 'variety' of people and increasing the chance and probability for the Baloch men to appear in more numbers as not many are matriculate in those areas, but have their brains in working conditions.

c. Won't this be retrograde for the army?
No it won't. Explained in the above mentioned reply. The training is tough!
Since this is the second batch, any news on the first batch and how many Balochs were inducted therein?
i am not clear about the numbers but since the day i have been part of the military i have seen Balochs and Sindhis in my and other units. There numbers have increased gradually and they have been performing in consonance with the other castes!

A worthy opponent such as you surely deserves a detailed reply, which I will jot down once I get some time.

i'll love to discuss more with you, but haven't we killed the topic to death already?:)

Anywaz, if you still are not satisfied, i am all ears!

i dont exactly remember them now, but they are different then the 'regular' inductees. For instance for CMP the minimum height requirement is like 6 feet atleast. Moreover as the Sigs and EME chaps have to do some tech stuff other than GD things they want some 'brainy':D intake. Which mean that guys having better scores in matric are preferred.

i'll check for the exact requirements. i was busy like hell today!

The main emphasis is on the IQ level when people are inducted in the military. So these things (the IQ stuff) probably would be tested throughly so that they dont land in trouble when they finally become trained soldiers. Lowering the standard to 8th class is done to get more boys to appear in the induction process thus increasing the 'variety' of people and increasing the chance and probability for the Baloch men to appear in more numbers as not many are matriculate in those areas, but have their brains in working conditions.

i am not clear about the numbers but since the day i have been part of the military i have seen Balochs and Sindhis in my and other units. There numbers have increased gradually and they have been performing in consonance with the other castes!

Cool look forward to that.

Just out of sheer curiosity, is the IQ test a written paper or pictorial/visual?

Just out of sheer curiosity, is the IQ test a written paper or pictorial/visual?

Combo of all. number intelligence, word fluency, visual memory, mechanical aptitude etc etc.

It is conducted in written form.

Though the airforce's IQ exam is like...:woot:
Much tougher than the Army's, but that's the one during the initial tests, during the ISSB the standard of 'screen out test' is the same.

Combo of all. number intelligence, word fluency, visual memory, mechanical aptitude etc etc.

It is conducted in written form.

Though the airforce's IQ exam is like...:woot:
Much tougher than the Army's, but that's the one during the initial tests, during the ISSB the standard of 'screen out test' is the same.

How do they gauge mechanical aptitude... never heard of this before.

How do they gauge mechanical aptitude... never heard of this before.

Well how should i explain you,...hmmm it is like... they'll draw a number of pulleys in options and ask you which one should be used to lift something heavier?

Some gears and nut bolts and things like to that effect.

If you have read physics, things can go ease then.

For MP the standards are 6 feet 1 inch of height.

For all other except for individuals in Baluchistan the education standards are matric. But ofcourse, the recruitment centers make sure that more 'competent' dudes land in more 'technical' departments.

For MP the standards are 6 feet 1 inch of height.

For all other except for individuals in Baluchistan the education standards are matric. But ofcourse, the recruitment centers make sure that more 'competent' dudes land in more 'technical' departments.

............:)

Thanks!

The above mentioned scheme would not specifically benefit Balochs, but to all the residents of Balochistan (based on their domicile certificate) that include all non-Baloch and Non-Pathans. Hence it is not correct to say that this scheme will tell Balochs that they are not ignored. If the recruitment criteria was specifically for the Balochs with Local certificate, than it was a different thing.

Which is better education system, 'Domicile' or 'Local'?

Is Local cert considered equal or better than the Domicile?

Back
Top Bottom