What's new

Information required regarding ICTO

yaar to be very honest the time i gave it it consisted of 3 parts, 1st was verbal, 2d non verbal and the 3rd was academic!!!

i cant really guide you because i applied on base of networking and this time they are specifically looking for software development people... but mind you the questions that came were hard (though based on MCQs) and most of them belonged to the final year of study..... as they have posted on the website that they are looking for people with expertise in web development, web designing, OOP for SOA / Multitier Architecture, database programming (PL/SQL) in J2EE, VS. NET, ORACLE technologies. just concentrate on that and InshaAllah you will be through, plus you will need all this in the interview as well because the interview is about what you have studied in university.

there were around 25 guys with me, hardly 15 lasted till the academic test and among them 10-12 were able to pass!!!

Assalamu-Alikum

I have gone through many posts regarding "How to join Army/Navy/PAF", "Information on ISSB" etc etc. I would like to thank all of those who are sharing their experiences with us. May Allah (SWT) bless you all.

I need some information regarding "Information & Computer Technology Officers (ICTO)", most of the forums deals with the people who want to join defence forces after doing their HSSC. So, if we are a Computer Science graduate, do we have to go through the same procedure for selection? do we have to face same pattern/exercises at ISSB? As far as i know this is a "Short Service Commission", so how much it is different from "Permanent Commission"?

Looking forward for your response.

JazakAllah!
well do you want to join army as an ICTO or as a graduate? for a graduate there is 1 year of training and you will be given the rank of 2nd lieutenant... this is called Short Service Commission or SSC, you can be posted in any corps, infantry, artillery, armor, signals etc

If you want to apply as an ICTO, you will be given 6 months of military training and will be posted as a rank of captain in army's corps of signals, this will be a Direct Short Service Commission or DSSC.

the procedure for SSC will be same as the long course

1. Preliminary Test and medical
2. ISSB
3. Medical at a CMH near you
4. PMA

for DSSC it is

1. Preliminary test and medical
2. Interview in front of a board formed by GHQ
3. Medical at CMH
4. PMA

in the first batch of ICTO's they were required to go through ISSB as well but this time they have struck it off!!!

even though there is no issb for the DSSC, if I were you I would have applied for the SSC, the major reason is ICTOs are new, if army people dont feel like keeping it continued the chances of promotion would be quite low, but SSC is an old path and gives you plenty of job security.

On the other hand if you join SSC and you end up being retired at the rank of major or colonel (mind you hardly 4% of the officers reach the brigadier rank) you wont have any experience apart from army and you will have to search really hard for a job, while if you retire on the same rank as an ICTO you will be a professional graduate with experience of his field and in the current blooming market of IT industry it wont be hard for you to find a job.

Choice is yours!!!

this is qasim from peshawar i done BSIT and now doing MS CS from Fast Uni plz share some info about ICTO test....
thanx in advance....

According to guidelines of ineligibilities, candidates already twice screened out/twice rejected by ISSB/GHQ/NHQ/AHQ Selection Boards for any types of commission in the Armed Forces
are ineligible.

However, candidates rejected twice by ISSB for under graduate courses are eligible for third chance if they have attained post graduate degree.

Last edited:
but even then post graduate degree of completion is woth 18 years of education.

in my view point one can apply even after twice rejection is ISSB if he has completed his 16 years of education.

i have asked it from ma dad also as he is an army officer. he asked from the authoriies they says yes he can apply.

so kindly i want advice from some senior person here....plz plz

Salam,
I am Adil Awan from Nawabshah.
I have passed out the Initial written test of ICTO on 19-04-2010 Monday.
As the many freinds want to know about the test of ICTO,so it's mine plasure to share the idea of test i have given yesterday !!!
The test taken was online,mean to say taken on Computer if u pass one test then you will move forward to next test either you will fail or u can say screen out from test...
There are 3 part of test;
1) Intelligence Test based on ( Verbal and Non-Verbal Test).
Verbal 90 MCQS 90 Min.
Non-Verbal 90 MCQS 90 Min.

2) Academic Test (I have studied 42 Subjects in my University while doing BS(IT), so the question in that test was 50% to 70% from these 42 subjects.
The Academic Test contain 40 MCQS and 40 minutes time .

3) Personality Test. (All questions are in Urdu Language)
only Two choice ( Yes or No )
214 Questions no limit of time :yahoo:

If anyone needs more information,then you can ask i will try my best to answer your Question ...

One-thing i have to tell you that,i have call for interview and preliminary medical test next week !!!
Need your best wishes and prays to get success in that interview.

Have a nice day !!!
God bless us all.

Salam,
I am Adil Awan from Nawabshah.
I have passed out the Initial written test of ICTO on 19-04-2010 Monday.
As the many freinds want to know about the test of ICTO,so it's mine plasure to share the idea of test i have given yesterday !!!
The test taken was online,mean to say taken on Computer if u pass one test then you will move forward to next test either you will fail or u can say screen out from test...
There are 3 part of test;
1) Intelligence Test based on ( Verbal and Non-Verbal Test).
Verbal 90 MCQS 90 Min.
Non-Verbal 90 MCQS 90 Min.

2) Academic Test (I have studied 42 Subjects in my University while doing BS(IT), so the question in that test was 50% to 70% from these 42 subjects.
The Academic Test contain 40 MCQS and 40 minutes time .

3) Personality Test. (All questions are in Urdu Language)
only Two choice ( Yes or No )
214 Questions no limit of time :yahoo:

If anyone needs more information,then you can ask i will try my best to answer your Question ...

One-thing i have to tell you that,i have call for interview and preliminary medical test next week !!!
Need your best wishes and prays to get success in that interview.

Have a nice day !!!
God bless us all.
your interview is next week?? btw best of luck :)

btw at our time we didnt had that personality test... anyways if you got your interview next week you might be joining PMA at end of May!!!!

but even then post graduate degree of completion is woth 18 years of education.

in my view point one can apply even after twice rejection is ISSB if he has completed his 16 years of education.

i have asked it from ma dad also as he is an army officer. he asked from the authoriies they says yes he can apply.

so kindly i want advice from some senior person here....plz plz
now the best shot will be to go to AS&RC as the people there will let you know if you qualify...

Hi ppl,

This is Furkan from Rawalpindi. I have also applied for ICTO and have cleared the initial test and medical on 19 april, physical test will be on 23 april at 6 am in race course ground rawalpindi.

There are 2 questions which are being asked by most of the candidates and no clear answer can be found. please share your knowledge about:

1) Will there be ISSB for ICTO or not?
2) When the batch is going to join PMA i.e. date and no. of seats for ICTOs. (If anyone know the total number of ICTOs in the last batch plz share)

Regards

best of luck yaar... do keep me updated what became of you

1. No, this time there is no ISSB for ICTO candidates

2. your batch is really going on the fast track so i think you will be joining PMA at end of May... the seats, i am sorry i cant help you with that but i think they should be around 60-70 (not sure)

i was at the interview last time and approximately 30 out of 45 cleared that interview lets say 25 would've cleared that medical as well, but i dont know how many such interviews were conducted!!!

please keep me updated with dates of your interview and stuff like that!!! Best of luck :)

best of luck yaar... do keep me updated what became of you

1. No, this time there is no ISSB for ICTO candidates

2. your batch is really going on the fast track so i think you will be joining PMA at end of May... the seats, i am sorry i cant help you with that but i think they should be around 60-70 (not sure)

i was at the interview last time and approximately 30 out of 45 cleared that interview lets say 25 would've cleared that medical as well, but i dont know how many such interviews were conducted!!!

please keep me updated with dates of your interview and stuff like that!!! Best of luck :)

with the help of Almighty Allah i cleared all tests and submit form for final interview at GHQ......
plz share ur interview experience at GHQ.....and also the type of questions they asked....
thanx in advance.....:pakistan:

with the help of Almighty Allah i cleared all tests and submit form for final interview at GHQ......
plz share ur interview experience at GHQ.....and also the type of questions they asked....
thanx in advance.....:pakistan:
yaar last time they asked for people from different categories, there were IT ppl, telecomm. guys and even electrical engineers... I have a computer networking/software background

the interview was held in pindi, in some center near the transit camp, the board consisted of one general, couple of brigadiers n colonels but the one who was asking the questions was a major of balouch regiment!!!

first they asked me about my educational and family background and then started asking the related questions, most of the question related to basic networking i.e. layers, couple of questions about devices used n a few question were related to telecom field which I couldnt answer as i didnt knew the answers!!!! thats was the interview for me but they asked the other guys about their final project and some general knowledge questions like a guy was asked to tell how many agencies are there in FATA and point out their exact location on map!!!

but to be honest it was easy... so when is your interview as the joining letters for PMA will be out on 15th of may, this means you all should be done with your interview and medical by then!!!

yaar last time they asked for people from different categories, there were IT ppl, telecomm. guys and even electrical engineers... I have a computer networking/software background

the interview was held in pindi, in some center near the transit camp, the board consisted of one general, couple of brigadiers n colonels but the one who was asking the questions was a major of balouch regiment!!!

first they asked me about my educational and family background and then started asking the related questions, most of the question related to basic networking i.e. layers, couple of questions about devices used n a few question were related to telecom field which I couldnt answer as i didnt knew the answers!!!! thats was the interview for me but they asked the other guys about their final project and some general knowledge questions like a guy was asked to tell how many agencies are there in FATA and point out their exact location on map!!!

but to be honest it was easy... so when is your interview as the joining letters for PMA will be out on 15th of may, this means you all should be done with your interview and medical by then!!!

Thanx a lot for sharing such a useful information.....they told us that the interviews will be held in the 2nd week of may....
plz tell me what is the ratio of there selection???? from peshawar center we are 15 candidates .......
i done certification in oracle developer having more than one year experience in development and doing MS CS from Fast but still nervous about the interview...:what:
what kind of candidates they actually looking for......?:undecided:

Hmm nice to know, and see you people here..!! I appeared in tests frm Karachi center...!! We after all the tests etc are 14 people left, whose forms are sent to GHQ....!! Lets C what will happen..!! Just praying to Allah for the better decision in my favour..!!

Back
Top Bottom