What's new

Information required regarding ICTO

@qasimjan: Thanx man..!! Pray for me too..!! :) Best of luck to u too..!!

@VrSoLdIeRs: Yar Did u knew dat u r selected or not just after interview? Or how many days after interview u got call?

@qasimjan: Thanx man..!! Pray for me too..!! :) Best of luck to u too..!!

@VrSoLdIeRs: Yar Did u knew dat u r selected or not just after interview? Or how many days after interview u got call?
well we were the first batch of ICTO so things might be different this time.... we all were sitting in a room and they called two guys out... then a man came n told us rest of you are selected n he issued us the letters for medical right away.. so right after the interview we knew that we are selected

Dude are u talking about 126 LC for PMA?coz tht would be offered in november.......

see 125 was advertised in november

125 Long Course

and they have to go to PMA in May... the next advertisement will be around june-july to enable the course to reach PMA in november.. hope you get my point

and how do u think they have raised it to 60% it has been 50% since past 63 years they cant just change it........maybe to 55% but not just jumpt 10% so fast.
it was 4-5 weeks ago there was a huge advertisement (it was big as the whole page) in Jang... they were encouraging balouchi guys to join the army and it stated that they are planning to raise the bar to 60% in the next LC but for balouchi guys it will be 50%... i might have misread it, as it was quite a while back

Anyways are u selected in ISSB?and if yes tell me how was the initials and ISSB? i did ISSB from quetta it was pretty simple....how was yours any tips and wat about ur initials?
Wats the age crecteria..im 19 going to be 20 his year...advice and stuff .PM me.

to be very honest i didnt clear ISSB but i fell among the top in the 'not recommended' candidates n perhaps they fell short of the required number so they called me for the interview

here is what i went through in ISSB
http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-defence/6695-issb-questions-answers-6.html#post762092

initials consisted of verbal, non verbal and computer related questions (as i was applying for ICTO) our ISSB was a bit different as we only had group discussion, group planning, group task and half group task... mine was at ISSB in kohat there were like 160 ppl there only 10-11 got selected :rolleyes:

if there is anything else just ask!!!

@VrSoLdIeRs:

Well dude yes u r the only one I think so too..!! The lucky one :D
Anyways ..!! I want to bother u a bit if you allow..!! Well yes u shared your experience..!! But please discuss in detail THE COMPLETE SITUATION. Means, what was your educational background, experience, knowledge about tools etc and languages like java etc?? Further more discuss how was the interview day? Means what was you wearing, How you reported,? What was you thinking? Any nurvousness? And how u overcame dat? When you entered room what was the scenario there? How many people,.. there arrangement? First greeting whether said by u or them..?/ There start or first attack?/ The mistakes u did, and the blunders u thought u did.. and how you handeled any dangling situation... Similarly till end...!! Quote the questions the asked too.. !! Means this will be like your SUCCESS STORY, and will be too much helpful for people like me..!!! Means we got a complete picture of interview day after reading dis. This will giv us confidence..!! And we will be thankful to you forever :)

dude you dont have to put it that way :rolleyes: i mean here is an example when gen. niazi was promoted people would have thought how lucky he is, but if you ask him now he would say that he would've been happy to retire at the rank of brigadier then to have this list of stains against his name!!! so not everyone who is a step further is successful

my education background is i did a 3 yr diploma in various langs, java, .net, VB, oracle etc this diploma allowed me to go abroad n earn a graduation degree but just studying 1 year in a uni. i went to UK did my graduation in networking as i liked it better then programming... I came back in august last year n since then my documents are with army and am unable to work... hence i dont have any 'in field' experience

i was wearing just a normal full sleeves shirt n a tie, adn yeah trousers as well :cheesy: at that time we had to go through ISSB as well that i was unable to clear but still they called me. there were around 47 ppl called on that day something like 35 reported and apart from 2 rest cleared it!!!

we sat there for 1-2 hours then they started calling the candidates one by one, a guy there had notes about some basics of networking, in the meantime i went through it!!!

as i went in for the interview the board consisted of one general, couple of brigadiers n colonels but the one who was asking the questions was a major of balouch regiment!!!

the seating arrangement was just like a U and you were sitting in the empty part of U :agree: i was a lil nervous, every interview i have given in my life (they have been very few of those) in the start i stop thinking about my feelings i.e. nervousness and simply concentrate on the questions being asked.... and NO i am not confident but sometimes things just happen

the general was the first to have a go at me, he said just relax (that really helped my nerves) asked some questions regarding my educational background and family n then the major started firing questions at me most of the question related to basic networking i.e. layers, couple of questions about devices used n a few question were related to telecom field which I couldnt answer as i didnt knew the answers!!!! thats was the interview for me but they asked the other guys about their final project and some general knowledge questions like a guy was asked to tell how many agencies are there in FATA and point out their exact location on map!!!

then the general asked the brigs n colonels that if they have to ask anything thing they said NO, we are fine. I was allowed to leave... the results were announced right away and we were given letters for medical board...

i made a few mistakes when it came to devices in networking it was something regarding modem, i cant remember the questions exactly as the interview was held in start of november 09.. it has been quite a while since then!!!!:whistle:

@VrSoLdIeRs: Hmmm nice.. Gud explaination..!! Thanx dear. It would help me alot..!! What I got frm what u said is dat take it normal, nothing will be difficult etc..!! Just stay confident and prepare abt my subject :) Thankyou.

@VrSoLdIeRs: Hmmm nice.. Gud explaination..!! Thanx dear. It would help me alot..!! What I got frm what u said is dat take it normal, nothing will be difficult etc..!! Just stay confident and prepare abt my subject :) Thankyou.
yeah thats right.. be what you are, they arent looking for high scorers or supermen of IT, and concentrate on you subject as thats the ting they will be asking questions from

I am glad that i could've been of some help :)

yeah thats right.. be what you are, they arent looking for high scorers or supermen of IT, and concentrate on you subject as thats the ting they will be asking questions from

I am glad that i could've been of some help :)

Thankyou very much dear...!!! And nice to see your attitude of helping...!! very few people hav dios... u r like me :P lolz..!! Wish to go to PMA togather :P

Pray for me. TC.

Hello,

I am frm khi and I passed the initials (which I didnt expect =D), now my interview is on 5th.
There is one funny thing. I am actually a Netwoking Guy. I have Passed CCNA with 99% marks. But this ICTO course is for developers only (acc. to the advertisement).

So I want to ask VrSoLdIeRs whether I have some chance of passing the interview or not?
Should I tell them clearly that I dont have much experties in development side and I am networking personal? Or should I hide the truth? :rofl:

Hey Vsold...dude i dont have a balouchistan domicile ..my father is an army officier so no concessions for me there.And people of FATA,Balouchistan and Azad Kashmir have a relaxation of 5% or 45% marks in intermediate.
Anyways dude reguarding 60% marks are u talking about graduation or intermediate?
And if a graguate applies wat will be his marks cricteria?Bcoz even the advertisement says 50% clearly and no note about changing it to 60% in future...also is tht advertisement is for 125 which is going for ISSB in november i guess?November or september 2010?
But im asking about the next L.C?when will its initials be held?

I am doing BS(CS) Hons from Punjab University and my CGPA is 2.99 till 7th semester. My degree will officially complete on 12th July. Will they accommodate me if i get selected? also i am waiting for interview call. Pray for me. VrSoldiers please help me.

Hello,

I am frm khi and I passed the initials (which I didnt expect =D), now my interview is on 5th.
There is one funny thing. I am actually a Netwoking Guy. I have Passed CCNA with 99% marks. But this ICTO course is for developers only (acc. to the advertisement).

So I want to ask VrSoLdIeRs whether I have some chance of passing the interview or not?
Should I tell them clearly that I dont have much experties in development side and I am networking personal? Or should I hide the truth? :rofl:
when you did graduation, you would've studied some subjects related to programming/database as well right? just go through em one, I am a networking guy as well but last time in the advertisement they asked for networking and telecomm. guys.... so your another shot could be to wait till the next batch is launched, they might ask for networking ppl then!!!

and yeah dont hide the truth that you are a network admin, 1st your degree will be speaking already 2ndly you will be given more respect for telling the truth rather then lying and getting caught!!!

I am doing BS(CS) Hons from Punjab University and my CGPA is 2.99 till 7th semester. My degree will officially complete on 12th July. Will they accommodate me if i get selected? also i am waiting for interview call. Pray for me. VrSoldiers please help me.
are you done with your exams? if yes then you might stand a chance, if no then it will be hard because they wont let you out of PMA... but it will be better to go for the interview and ask the people there!!!

Hey Vsold...dude i dont have a balouchistan domicile ..my father is an army officier so no concessions for me there.And people of FATA,Balouchistan and Azad Kashmir have a relaxation of 5% or 45% marks in intermediate.
Anyways dude reguarding 60% marks are u talking about graduation or intermediate?
And if a graguate applies wat will be his marks cricteria?Bcoz even the advertisement says 50% clearly and no note about changing it to 60% in future...also is tht advertisement is for 125 which is going for ISSB in november i guess?November or september 2010?
But im asking about the next L.C?when will its initials be held?
yaar as far as i remember the 60% thing was for FSC/FA... but as i told you i read it way back so am not sure about it

there are two intakes of PMA one in May, and one in Nov..... 125 is going in may and 126 will be going in nov. the advertisement for 126 would be around june-august... just keep checking their website it will be easier that way

as for domicile, bro I really hope i am wrong but just in case if things happen like that you can go for repeating one year of your HSSC just to increase marks, or you can do it the other way around... domicile banwana kaun sa mushkil hai :azn: but you should be ready to answer questions related to that in ISSB!!!

VrSoldiers actually my final exams would held on 24th June and result declaration is on 12th July. So, if the training is going to start on 13th july or afterward, i can easily go there. Don't they give grace time or can they recommend me for next immediate batch??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom