What's new

Inside Lavasa, India's first entirely private city built from scratch

17,000 to 36,000 $ unaffordable to middle class?, guardian is useless rag.

Rightly said... 23 LAC? Is a midget price for buying house in 90% of India. Independent house with basic requirements for 2 bedrooms cost 60-2 cr. Normal flat in an apartment cost around 35-3 cr. In which world these authors living in.

May be ego Booster?

If an apartment with 100 houses each sold for more than 45 then it will be booked in no time.

Been there. A superb smart city!

banner.jpg

This one reminds of Nyhavn in Copenhagen

Don't start blame game. :) In India Consideration for Public Property is very less :mad: regardless of region or regionalism
Its not blame game bro, its the reality, isn't the lavasa project going to be a gated community?, as for public property, one has to watch the trains coming from north to south and south to north, just you need to see the difference, nothing else, I want my country to progress and every region should cooperate in the progress, whereas one region moving ahead and other moving back doesn't help.

It probably has to do with the terms and conditions , reputation of the group , remote location of the place , or failure of the European setting concept.
Most probably. The property is on a 100 years lease, which you have to return on completion of the time period.
The location is not at all remote, Lavasa is just 50 km from Chandni Chowk, Pune and 25 km from Hinjewadi IT park.
BTW Hinjewadi is also a planned city.
1ithinj.jpg
4043801166_9272f5125a.jpg
6180628371_57d56f3fef_z.jpg
infra1.jpg
Pune1.jpg

What do you mean ? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and China is behaving very much like the US :P
no you don't understand we Americans bare white Europeans (I am 1/4 Tajik,1/4 British and 2/4 German and Russian) but Chinese are not.

Lavasa becoming concrete jungle.... they are destroying hills :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:....

the hills are still there but what has been removed somewhat are the villages and that is a good thing ( as long as the villagers are absorbed )... cities really the the way to civilization.

though i hope they ban dogs, motorcycles and too many prayer houses because then the whole idea would collapse and lavasa would turn into any other indian town with chaos, noise, aggression and crime.

If I ever contemplate to settle down in India, that should be a choice.

and you can contribute to city with ideas of new technology and applications - 3d printing, power generation and urban/vertical farming.

since this is india's second planned city ( after chandigarh ), it has the automatic potential to be a proper decentralized scientifically-run city.

Looks cheap.

how do you mean??

I go there once in a while. I had a discussion with the City Manager, an American named Scot. They did sell well first few years. The problem was not with building - they had permission for hill "cutting" , while they were "blasting" to quicken the process. Right now the only thing driving the town is tourism. They need a few more economic drivers. It is a good idea - the first town in Dasve and is complete ; it is the second town Mugaon which is stalled.

[QUOTE"arp2041, post: 7907797, member: 138435"]Chill....not targeting you :D

Looks like many members feeling uncomfortable when i say something against particular individual on particular issues.. just because am following other religion.. wow great[/QUOTE]in india issue is not this brother.....in india the targetted ppl arent from the OTHER religion but not from OTHER religion so that SECULARISM shld servive!!!

It is India, so the city will look like a slum In a week of settling in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom