What's new

Internal leak: Military Corruption will destroy PLA & China, details of PLA anti-corruption

ahahhahahahahah.......LMAO. First time im seeing someone saying heavily corrupt officers(these guys embezzle not thousands/millions but billions.lool) shouldn't be arrested but left to stay in office, since their services are highly needed for the sake of the country.:omghaha: So guess the amount of corruption is directly proportional to your importance, the more you steal the ore important your services are highly needed. :sarcastic: That was a good one bro. I love PDF.:shout:
The west would too cover up stuff that would harm their national interest. Did I ever attacked you?

This is our internal matter, you don't have to discuss it on the PDF.

It is not wise to add more anti-China ammunition to those anti-China trolls.

True, even I hate those anti-China trolls. :mad:

@Chinese-Dragon I heard that PLA officials are also CCP members, what is the possibility of a military coup against CCP if the crackdown on corruption hits the PLA generals? Where the balance of power is tilted, CCP or PLA?

@Chinese-Dragon and other members from China:

My two cents: Better stop talking with foreigners on China's internal matters. Their intent is obvious and nowhere close to being smart or cunning.

If they ask a question on China's internal matter, I advice responding them (if one ever feels the urge despite all odds) by asking a question on their own corruption, power struggle and all other problems. That will chase them away.

On the issue:

The alleged leak is a speculation and has been debunked.

Yet, it is not a revelation that every institution has its own structures and power struggles. If you have ever worked in a university department, for example, you will probably come to understand shortly how a power struggle is going on between various factions -- between professors, professors and the chair, chair and the dean of the college, and even between the president and the city's education council.

Same goes for nations. It is only natural to have factions within different government branches. The perennial struggle between the Pentagon and the State Department on US foreign policy is well known. Or, the struggle between the Arabists and Israelists inside the State Department during Carter's presidency. Or the struggle between neo-cons and moderates within the same government - one controlling the State Department, the other influencing the President in his capacity as a national security adviser.

This is nothing new or out of ordinary.

@Chinese-Dragon and other members from China:

My two cents: Better stop talking with foreigners on China's internal matters. Their intent is obvious and nowhere close to being smart or cunning.

If they ask a question on China's internal matter, I advice responding them (if one ever feel the urge) by asking a question on their own corruption, power struggle and all other problems. That will chase them away.

On the issue:

The alleged leak is a speculation has been debunked.

Yet, it is not a revelation that every institution has its own structures and power struggles. If you have ever worked in a university department, for example, you will probably come to understand shortly how a power struggle is going on between various factions -- between professors, professors and the chair, chair and the dean of the college, and even between the president and the city's education council.

Same goes for nations. It is only natural to have factions within different government branches. The perennial struggle between the Pentagon and the State Department on US foreign policy is well known. Or, the struggle between the Arabists and Israelists inside the State Department. Or the struggle between neo-cons and moderates within the same government - one controlling the State Department, the other influencing the President in his capacity as a national security adviser.

This is nothing new or out of ordinary.

Or we can encourage them to keep underestimating China, as they have done for the past two decades. :P

It's not a coincidence that those same two decades were also the greatest period of growth and development for China.

Is this one of the military experts make some extraordinary comments about balance between China and USA ?

(Reuters) - China's military is investigating a general who worked at a prominent military university on suspicion of graft, Chinese media reported on Tuesday, as Beijing widens its crackdown on corruption in its armed forces.

Major General Dai Weimin, 52, was "taken away" in the middle of November by military prosecutors, according to a report by respected news magazine Caixin. Dai was a deputy dean at the People's Liberation Army Nanjing Political College.

The Caixin report, referenced by the official China Daily newspaper, said authorities suspect Dai of taking "huge bribes" related to land and construction projects. There was no indication of any response by Dai or his representatives.

Current and former military officials have said graft in the military threatens China's ability to wage war.

Disagree and agree, Corruption in the PLA and China will indeed destroy. Corruption needs to be purged, corrupt CPC and PLA members need to be jailed or executed. This is why I like Xi Jinping. Doesn't matter what trolls think it's just the internet.

Disagree and agree, Corruption in the PLA and China will indeed destroy. Corruption needs to be purged, corrupt CPC and PLA members need to be jailed or executed. This is why I like Xi Jinping. Doesn't matter what trolls think it's just the internet.

I agree. President Xi is handling a vital issue at the right time.

PLA targets corruption

The Chinese military is beefing up supervision to fight corruption in its ranks with detailed regulations, which analysts said will be crucial in preventing graft-related crimes.

The areas being targeted - including project construction and medical and weapons procurement - are involved in more than 90 percent of the corruption in the military, an official with the military procuratorate said.

Human resources, finances and fuel management were also listed as key targets for monitoring by the PLA General Staff Headquarters, and the General Political, General Logistics and General Armament departments.

Forty-four "high-risk links" and more than 130 problems that should be tracked, as well as clear prevention measures, have been laid out.

"This can be considered as the actual start of anti-corruption work in the military," said Li Chengyan, director of the Research Center for Clean Government Construction at Peking University.

These measures are badly needed to enforce long-term checks on corruption, Li said. They should also be revised as needed to adapt to any changing situation, he said.

In 2006 and 2009, authorities issued regulations and suggestions for the prevention of such crimes in the military. But those moves were seen only as putting forward general requirements.

The military's top brass took unprecedented measures this year to fight corruption, with a number of senior officers investigated.

In March, Gu Junshan, former deputy head of the PLA General Logistics Department, was prosecuted for embezzlement, bribery, misuse of State funds and abuse of power.

Yang Jinshan, a lieutenant-general and former deputy head of the Chengdu Military Command, was investigated in October for gravely violating Party discipline, an accusation that generally refers to corruption.

In late October, Xu Caihou, former vice-chairman of the Central Military Commission, was accused of taking advantage of his position to assist in the promotion of others and of using his influence to help others make monetary profits, taking a large number of bribes in return.

President Xi Jinping was quoted by Xinhua News Agency as saying that China's military must not let down those who gave their lives for the Communist Party in the revolutionary struggle and must resolutely fight corruption.

In early November, the Central Military Commission took over the PLA auditing office. It was a major decision made by the commission to strengthen the army and tighten auditing and supervision over the military's economic activities, Xinhua reported.

The prevention of and crackdown on crimes committed by the military in these key fields are being seen as the most urgent task in the development of the armed forces.

"I have to stress that the People's Liberation Army has zero tolerance for corrupt officials. We will make thorough investigations into all corruption cases in the PLA, without any leniency, no matter who is involved and whatever level the official is," Geng Yansheng, a spokesman for the Ministry of Defense, said at a news conference on Thursday.

China need to setup a effective anti-corruption system supervised by third-party organization not only CCP, we can not wish some Great Leader doing anti-corruption job but a good system like ICAC (Independent Commission Against Corruption) can work for 100 years.

In this case of PLA senior generals corruption, internal supervisory organ also become the tool of corrupted general. So i said, China Anti-Corruption need power supervision by third-party organization.

Last edited:
China need to setup a effective anti-corruption system supervised by third-party organization not only CCP, we can not wish some Great Leader doing anti-corruption job but a good system like ICAC (Independent Commission Against Corruption) can work for 100 years.

In this case of PLA senior generals corruption, internal supervisory organ also become the tool of corrupted general. So i said, China Anti-Corruption need power supervision by third-party organization.

Maybe something like this. Of course, military is a lot different from other government organs, so cannot be subject to an equal treatment as indicated below. Being responsible for national defence and holder of critical security systems, it will be subject to a less publicized oversight.

China launches website for complaints about Party officials

A website allowing people to complain about Communist Party of China (CPC) organizations and members in government departments was launched Tuesday.

Either by real name or anonymously, people can report breaches of Party rules by organizations and members. The public can also submit proposals to improve Party work and build clean government. The website is run by the committee in charge of discipline for central government departments.

The Internet is an important way of reporting wrongdoings by Party members and government officials.

Also Tuesday, the CPC Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI) opened a new "whistle blowing channel" on its website to support its campaign to hunt down fugitive corrupt officials abroad. People, at home or abroad, with relevant information are encouraged to pass on the intelligence on the website.

Maybe something like this. Of course, military is a lot different from other government organs, so cannot be subject to an equal treatment as indicated below. Being responsible for national defence and holder of critical security systems, it will be subject to a less publicized oversight.

China launches website for complaints about Party officials

A website allowing people to complain about Communist Party of China (CPC) organizations and members in government departments was launched Tuesday.

Either by real name or anonymously, people can report breaches of Party rules by organizations and members. The public can also submit proposals to improve Party work and build clean government. The website is run by the committee in charge of discipline for central government departments.

The Internet is an important way of reporting wrongdoings by Party members and government officials.

Also Tuesday, the CPC Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI) opened a new "whistle blowing channel" on its website to support its campaign to hunt down fugitive corrupt officials abroad. People, at home or abroad, with relevant information are encouraged to pass on the intelligence on the website.
I prefer to independence anti-corruption organization only work for China President or CCP Standing Committee like 廉政公署. In military anti-corruption, the organization work for Central Military Commission.
abb389b504fc26a73.jpg

Similarly, building toilets are a country's internal matter. You don't have to discuss it on the PDF, but the Chinese trolls out here go berserk over it!!

Chinese General amassed assets worth $98m from bribes!

Beijing:
A top Chinese general under scanner for corruption was found to have 60 houses, 400kg of gold jewellery and expensive art works amounting to a staggering over $98 million, a state media report said on Tuesday .
Former deputy chief of the PLA's general logistics department, Lt General Gu Junshanwas found to have amassed goods and property worth more than $98 million from bribes, state-run China Daily reported. Gu was charged with embezzlement, bribery , misuse of funds and abuse of power in March.

Such a haul would be the largest in any corruption case involving a member of the People's Liberation Army (PLA), the report said. His three siblings and his secretary , Qiao Xijun, were also arrested. Investigators are working to determine whether more than 40 other officers were involved in his alleged misconduct, it said.

Previous reports said Gu's compound occupied nearly a hectare of land, built in the Forbidden City . He had extensive influence over the procurement of housing, infrastructure and supply contracts for China's armed forces.

Gen amassed assets worth $98m from bribes: China

I think the PLA needs a war to keep their officers especially the senior ones occupied. They have far too much time on their hands. As they say: An empty mind is a devil's workshop!!

In fact even President Xi himself had castigated the Chinese armed forces for lack of professionalism and the dire need for training which is sorely wanting especially in the PLA.

I prefer to independence anti-corruption organization only work for China President or CCP Standing Committee like 廉政公署. In military anti-corruption, the organization work for Central Military Commission.
View attachment 163308

I agree. I think China's anti-corruption agenda has already started to bite and early indicators show the positive effect on lavish spending and graft. The government agencies are getting leaner and less wasteful. These are good signs and there is still a lot to be done.

Liu Tienan sentenced to life in prison

0013729929f115f22dbf09.jpg

A Chinese court on Wednesday sentenced Liu Tienan, a former senior economic planning official, to life in prison.

A Chinese court sentenced former senior economic planning official Liu Tienan to life imprisonment on Wednesday.

The former deputy head of the National Development and Reform Commission, and former head of the National Energy Administration was convicted of bribery by the Langfang Intermediate People's Court in north China's Hebei Province.

Liu has been stripped of his political rights for life and all personal property and wealth will be confiscated.

The court ruled that Liu had accepted bribes of 35.58 million yuan (5.8 million U.S. dollars) from 2002 to 2012, personally or through his son Liu Decheng.

He was found guilty of abuse of power by securing profits for four companies -- including Nanshan Group, a chemical firm based in east China's Shandong Province, Zhongjin Petrochemical Co. Ltd. based in east China's Zhejiang Province, GAC Group in south China's Guangdong Province and Zhejiang Hengyi Group Co. Ltd. -- as well as several individuals.

The court confirmed that all the dirty money amassed by Liu had been returned to the state.

Liu's trial closed in September but it took until Wednesday for the court to deliver its verdict.

The court said the mitigating circumstances included Liu's honesty about most of his crimes and showed remorse.

When asked for his plea, Liu said he had accepted his guilt and would accept any punishment.

"Faced with the facts, I have been asking myself every time I read the indictment, is this me? How did I end up like this?" said a tearful Liu, according to court scripts posted on one of the court's official social media accounts in September.

"Each morning, I wonder where I am and how I have ended up in this state," said Liu, adding that he had also been a bad influence on his son.

Liu's case was brought to light through allegations posted online. Luo Changping, then a deputy editor of the magazine Caijing, disclosed Liu's suspected misconduct on social media and the post drew nationwide attention.

What I find more sorry is the way Chinese member want to hide these kind of Massive corrupted organisations. No wonder new defence programs an new increased(secret funding) are taking new forms an shape . Sure there must be brewing corruption going on . So they have created enemies all around them so people don't questions their motive to spend on weapons . Atleast in India people started to protest and trying to put corrupted politicians out of politics.

Chinese people should think wise and act wise before water is over their head.
Sad to see some people want to support PLA corruption more over comparing with soviet . Some even said soviet u build upon corruption not on nationalism. WRONG . Corruption comes into play when their is no accountability . Which is what happening in China as we speak.

Nope, USSR never got a chance to outcompete the US.
Do you even know about soviet union and power they had ?

CPC isn't stupid of getting involved in a military race at the expense of harming its own people's livelihood.
Lol Again you are completely wrong . Why do you think china spending billions on arms ? Through in sea ? Man .... just be sensible. It's defence forum not primary school .

USSR was stupid of surrendering to the US, while CPC never gives up.

I fully confident about my country's internal matter, but it is annoying to see you guys keep popping up in a topic like this.
Wow hight of hypocrisy . What are you confident about orbits confidential ? :P You like to jump in to other countries forum and u expressed your concerns on building toilet for India . SO hold on mate .

Ok so corruption had taken place Now what are these implementation? He is just one official what about others ..What Chinese must be worried about is the quality and technologies used on their weapons system . Corruption surely will have flow down effect on their defence projects . . . Am seriously starting to doubt their weapon capabilities if this is te case

Chinese General amassed assets worth $98m from bribes!

Beijing:
A top Chinese general under scanner for corruption was found to have 60 houses, 400kg of gold jewellery and expensive art works amounting to a staggering over $98 million, a state media report said on Tuesday .
Former deputy chief of the PLA's general logistics department, Lt General Gu Junshanwas found to have amassed goods and property worth more than $98 million from bribes, state-run China Daily reported. Gu was charged with embezzlement, bribery , misuse of funds and abuse of power in March.

Such a haul would be the largest in any corruption case involving a member of the People's Liberation Army (PLA), the report said. His three siblings and his secretary , Qiao Xijun, were also arrested. Investigators are working to determine whether more than 40 other officers were involved in his alleged misconduct, it said.

Previous reports said Gu's compound occupied nearly a hectare of land, built in the Forbidden City . He had extensive influence over the procurement of housing, infrastructure and supply contracts for China's armed forces.

Gen amassed assets worth $98m from bribes: China

I think the PLA needs a war to keep their officers especially the senior ones occupied. They have far too much time on their hands. As they say: An empty mind is a devil's workshop!!

In fact even President Xi himself had castigated the Chinese armed forces for lack of professionalism and the dire need for training which is sorely wanting especially in the PLA.

If I am a Chinese. If I have enough money to bribe PLA officials. If my private r&d company comes up with low quality and not so trust worthy weapon at cheap cost . I can sell it to China and grab the contract for 1000 of them . Later I may improve the weapon performance with money I gained from bogus contract . But these poor weapons are still will be in service with Armed forces. .. Don't they ?

Wait a minute. Is this really happening ? Atleast are you sure it's won't happen 100% confident ?

What I find more sorry is the way Chinese member want to hide these kind of Massive corrupted organisations. No wonder new defence programs an new increased(secret funding) are taking new forms an shape . Sure there must be brewing corruption going on . So they have created enemies all around them so people don't questions their motive to spend on weapons . Atleast in India people started to protest and trying to put corrupted politicians out of politics.

Chinese people should think wise and act wise before water is over their head.
Sad to see some people want to support PLA corruption more over comparing with soviet . Some even said soviet u build upon corruption not on nationalism. WRONG . Corruption comes into play when their is no accountability . Which is what happening in China as we speak.

Do you even know about soviet union and power they had ?

Lol Again you are completely wrong . Why do you think china spending billions on arms ? Through in sea ? Man .... just be sensible. It's defence forum not primary school .

Wow hight of hypocrisy . What are you confident about orbits confidential ? :P You like to jump in to other countries forum and u expressed your concerns on building toilet for India . SO hold on mate .

Ok so corruption had taken place Now what are these implementation? He is just one official what about others ..What Chinese must be worried about is the quality and technologies used on their weapons system . Corruption surely will have flow down effect on their defence projects . . . Am seriously starting to doubt their weapon capabilities if this is te case

If I am a Chinese. If I have enough money to bribe PLA officials. If my private r&d company comes up with low quality and not so trust worthy weapon at cheap cost . I can sell it to China and grab the contract for 1000 of them . Later I may improve the weapon performance with money I gained from bogus contract . But these poor weapons are still will be in service with Armed forces. .. Don't they ?

Wait a minute. Is this really happening ? Atleast are you sure it's won't happen 100% confident ?
LOL ... the funny story is here Indian wanna teach Chinese how to anti-corruption ... do u think Indian officials more cleaner than Chinese ? I can't stop laugh. :rofl::rofl::rofl: The India government is a very bad example for China, we never become next India, HongKong will be a good example for China.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom