What's new

Investment Ideas in Pakistan with $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore)?

1626369085306.png

My god this is so disappointing. People consjstently talking of fraud in Pakistan. This means billions of dollars stat out of pak becahse of fraud. And when the locals find out you are overseas pakistani, they start salivating like a dog. What if somrone wants to invest without coming there? This shluld be possible? Or are we still living in stone age
dont scare him please he can get a secure deal from CDA transfer in CDA sectors its secure safe and reliable i dont see any problem in it . no need trust anyone make a check and deal in CDA office with his well wishers and transfer on time . case closed

Aah CDA cam be trusted? I mean i heard some issue where cda sold the land and it was not authorised to do so and now people are f****d
Invest in technology. In fact a joint venture would be ideal. I have an IT project related to medicine industry. If you would be interested I can share details. But never put all your eggs in one basket.

Na no potential in pak for technology. Sorry but real tech is actual innovation which is zero in pak unless you want to start lame It freelancing business and since tbere is no barrier to entry every kid is in IT
If you really interested in restaurant, it is a huge profitable business in Pakistan....Maintain quality and taste you will see in days your business will takeoff like rocket...
There is very low margin in restaurant business and kvwrheads are high

My god this is so disappointing. People consjstently talking of fraud in Pakistan. This means billions of dollars stat out of pak becahse of fraud. And when the locals find out you are overseas pakistani, they start salivating like a dog. What if somrone wants to invest without coming there? This shluld be possible? Or are we still living in stone age

Aah CDA cam be trusted? I mean i heard some issue where cda sold the land and it was not authorised to do so and now people are f****d

You can check out the recent Roshan Digital Account (Housing scheme) which was just announced 2 days back.

I think overseas Pakistanis should invest only in risk-free or (minimum risk) housing societies like Bahria and DHA. There are many scammers and fraudsters running around so be careful.

Pretty sad to see there is nothing to invest than real estate in pak and that too riddled with fraudsters
You can check out the recent Roshan Digital Account (Housing scheme) which was just announced 2 days back.

I think overseas Pakistanis should invest only in risk-free or (minimum risk) housing societies like Bahria and DHA. There are many scammers and fraudsters running around so be careful.
Mate bahria dha are overpriced scoundrels. Wht should anyone pay a moron like the owner of bahria town.

overseas paksitanis should not invest in real estate unless the visit the site / they have time to manage / and never ever invest in files and project which are on papers . pakistan is full of thugs liars and cheaters be alert .

overseas paksitanis should not invest in real estate unless the visit the site / they have time to manage / and never ever invest in files and project which are on papers . pakistan is full of thugs liars and cheaters be alert .

you can't paint everyone with the same brush. thugs liars and cheaters are everywhere

I think OP is no longer valid. It seems like @Meengla may have lost a big time in US stock market and crypto currency crashes and no longer seen active online.

I am alive and well. Just that a new job has been killing me for the last several months.
Speaking of investments, I have bought a 12 ACRE almost flat lot near my American home a few months ago. It is thickly wooded and has public water and electricity option available. I beat several others potential buyers by offering within an hour of the listing, thanks to my preferred real estate agent's vigilance -- a MILF, if I might add ;)

I don't know what I am going to do with the land. It is 'unrestricted' land--meaning I would be able to do anything I want there: A farm, a glamping site, a winery.... But the 'tree hugger' in me doesn't want to cut a single tree. If I can afford to then would rather leave it as a sanctuary for wild-life.

BUT... the banker mortgaging the lot loan is turning out to be a sleaze ball. Charged too much for the 'appraisal' and charging too much for other things as hidden 'fees'. And yet I am too worn out from the new job to find time to go to the bank and confront the guy--he has ignored my repeated email queries about the 'fees' being charged.
Fraud does exist in America!! And unless you know the person giving you the services, they will likely fleece you! To quote a white American lady in my circle: "I love my country. But Americans would $uck you up for money any chance they get!" [I don't think it's THAT bad though].

About the OP topic, I still own the Baharia Town Karachi villa and family members go there on weekends to party. It has greatly appreciated in value in terms of Rupees; but sadly the Rupee itself is greatly devalued now. Not that I plan to sell the place anytime soon.

I think I am a Slumlord of sorts owning multiple cheap properties. I own about 20 acres spread over 3 properties in America, plus the Baharia Town Karachi villa. Plus my inheritance in the family home in Karachi, which I don't want to factor in, though that is the largest chunk of my assets.

I will be back.

Invest in ETFs (QQQ or IVV)

Do DCA. Invest $X every month.

You would see good returns 5 years down the road.

If you really want to own property, look at REITs (SPG etc) Decent dividends.

I had to learn it the hard way.

I want to start this thread. Not only for myself for others who maybe in the same boat as I am. Want to brainstorm about long term investments in Pakistan with a start seed money of $65,000 (Rs. 1 Crore). Several ideas in mind:
1) Buy property in Islamabad. But I have no relatives there. And @Imran Khan gave me a lot of words of caution about property frauds in Pakistan. I still think that's long term safe bet.
2) Buy/Invest into some hotel business in northern Pakistan hilly areas. Again, don't know anyone there.
3) Start some kind of Savings account in Karachi and let it grow. I hear that interest rates are good in Pakistan. I hear one cousin is living off Rs. 2 Crore invested in a bank.

While life here has been good, America is not a country for the old if you are not rich. Plus the Motherland is often calling me back. No firm plans yet.

I know this is all over the place. But got to start somewhere.
Ideas?
Thanks in advance!

I just moved back to Pakistan, ( don't ask me why ).

I can share what I have learned now.
Property for 1 Crore is not possible in Islamabad.
You may get a plot or something; however looking at the environment it's silly to go in that direction.
There are openings, in manufacturing as the government is tightening the noose around imports.

DO NOT go into agriculture, it's the least return with most risk, it's not worth it,

PS: These people are A class frauds and they lie through their teeth. Something I am coming to grips with after loosing a lot of money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom