What's new

Iran Aerospace Exhibition 2014

Mate as far as i know Hurkuş will be presented to civilian market in the future.

1397633568_3388114346890432193521362769794o.jpg

09-ucak.jpg
I also thought about this one but it would explode @Abii's wallet.:D

@xenon54 @Sinan
Thanks for the answers guys.

One day I will have my little fiberglass space ship. **** having a nice car when you can have a single engine for the same price and travel with it. I even saw a used Cessna here for around 20K!! That things was old as the bible though. Needed a new engine. Who knows how much that is.

I'm crazy for thinking about buying a 1970's Cessna, but that's crazy factor 10 haha

That thing has suicide written all over it.
I am also crazy about the same idea of buying a small single engine one some day. can one find anything good with about 150K$?

I am also crazy about the same idea of buying a small single engine one some day. can one find anything good with about 150K$?
Dude 150!? lol that better come with a personal sex slave. I'm thinking of 30-60K max. You can find a lot of decent used planes for that price. Canada and the US have the highest number of private pilot's license holders on the planet (US is 1st and Canada is 2nd). There are a lot of these Cessna single engine props sitting around unused. Prices have been going up in recent years, but you can still find good deals.

Even if you don't have a plane, you can still get your license (in Canada it costs between 8-10K) and rent them from airports. You only get charged for the time you spend in the air. So if you're only in the air for 2 hours, you get charged 2 hours and not the extra hour it takes to prepare the plane in the beginning. You can drop off the plane in the airport you land and book another one for your return trip.

Edit: and wet rental prices (wet meaning that it includes fuel) were anywhere from 110 to 150 an hour the last time I checked.

Dude 150!? lol that better come with a personal sex slave. I'm thinking of 30-60K max. You can find a lot of decent used planes for that price. Canada and the US have the highest number of private pilot's license holders on the planet (US is 1st and Canada is 2nd). There are a lot of these Cessna single engine props sitting around unused. Prices have been going up in recent years, but you can still find good deals.

Even if you don't have a plane, you can still get your license (in Canada it costs between 8-10K) and rent them from airports. You only get charged for the time you spend in the air. So if you're only in the air for 2 hours, you get charged 2 hours and not the extra hour it takes to prepare the plane in the beginning. You can drop off the plane in the airport you land and book another one for your return trip.

Edit: and wet rental prices (wet meaning that it includes fuel) were anywhere from 110 to 150 an hour the last time I checked.

Wow, that's really good! It's much cheaper than what I expected :tup:
Also, the rent prices are really fair.

@Abii

I forgot there is also "Türkkuşu" made by THK

10005299_764101166984133_828488212_n.jpg

10365966_822586007772826_7302090709754984698_n.jpg

^^^ Leaked photo.

This plane will be around 90.000 $ but still not much info revealed. But we know it's in the process of getting certificate from European EASA.

Also, because of the leaked photos today police raided the factory and arrested general manager of THK.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't trust Iranian produced planes, but I will have my eye on this
That's not bad. I want to buy a used two-seater single engine prop plane in my early 30's. I was looking at Cessnas, but even used ones are pretty expensive. The realllllllly old ones are doable, but they need new engines. I don't trust Iranian produced planes, but I will have my eye on this. Turkish companies will probably have similar priced single engine props in the mkt.

@Sinan @xenon54

Know any Turkish companies that have two-seater single engine props? And maybe a list for used prices?
I don't trust Iranian produced planes, but I will have my eye on this

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/iran-aerospace-exhibition-2014.340798/#ixzz3JO6gr
How do you know it is not trust worthy while you didn,t even see it from close or flew by it? I used to have the same kind of mentality toward Iranian made high tech until I convinced specially Iranian high tech stuff is of good quality. Just to know how trustworthy are these Dorna planes I called one of my friends who is an active recreational pilot in Mashhad, Iran. He shocked me by saying that, he must have bought an Iranian plane 4 years ago when he decided to buy an almost new Cessna. He said they are four friends who use to pilot their birds toward Shomal (north of Iran) almost every week. He said, they even stress engines out of recommended limit but nothing happened yet to the performance. He says, the best thing about Iranian plans are very cheap maintenance, good customer support and pretty detailed quality of parts and assembly. He said there are also smaller UL versions that is pretty futuristic in form and some other guys use them. I also have another friend in a cement factory, he is in charge of huge industrial gearboxes there... he always says, we used to buy German gearboxes or parts before european sanctions... then they turned to Chinese made ones...and it is now couple of years that HE ONLY WOULD RECOMMEND Iranian gearboxes as they have very good material and easy maintenance. Considering the bad habit of us Iranians that trust global brands better than local ones in many fields, I think things actually started to change for a while now... I guess quality is the best promoter so Iranian customer soon will vote in favor of Iranian products. Although it is fair mentionting that in some industries we don,t see any WAKE UP CALLS... as in Automobile industry that despite all the so called exports to some middle income countries or all their local sales they still lack that Iranian pride element. I have heard some serious action is already happening in Auto industry too since President Rouhani got the office but I don,t believe in them until they show us some decent automobiles...

@xenon54 @Sinan
Thanks for the answers guys.

One day I will have my little fiberglass space ship. **** having a nice car when you can have a single engine for the same price and travel with it. I even saw a used Cessna here for around 20K!! That things was old as the bible though. Needed a new engine. Who knows how much that is.
why don,t u try the KIT PLANES... if you have a garage and some basic tools then you can assemble your own brand new aircraft with pretty reasonable prices... I guess you can have some 250 km/h with 4 hours of endurance with as little as 20K... have you been into this kind of planes Abii??

One of the best threads in middle east section. detailed, scientific, beyond my expectations!
Yes Tyrant... It must be like this all the time and in all threads of this forum... I dream a day that all Iranians be proud of their Arab brothers... Arabs be proud of Iranians.. and both be proud of Turks, Pakistanis, Indians, Arabs, etc... We can easily be like this if we only listen to Sirat al nabi (PBUH) and forget about stone age ethnicity, religion and class differences that is pretty laughable in 21th century I guess... instead of spreading false and imaginary HATE we can focus on our MUCH MORE COMMON Similarities... I dream of a day... Islamic nations initiate a single bank, a single market, a single Mass media and more importantly a UNITED corp to be funded by all Muslim nations and promote several high tech brands.. imagine an aero space company that designs, build and send astronauts to space, an automotive company who is as strong as others, a medicine , a health, an army, a single defense system...etc... do you think that day will come? I am ready to abandon all my personal dreams to see this very precise dream to come real... Inshallah... even if Muslim countries work along toward glory, I wish they at least appreciate each other and help each other grow... imagine a single market consists of 1 billion Muslims... every single Muslim country has something to offer to this huge market... If we only know what is right...
PS: I expect Saudi Arabia member more like real Muslims when it comes to attitude... I always respect our brothers in KSA... and I see a pretty glorious future for them too... sorry for going of road here..but I liked to express my feelings toward your kind observation here...

Back
Top Bottom