What's new

Iran and India have similar views on Afghanistan

Paan Singh

BANNED
Reaction score
GURGAON, India – The Iranian ambassador to India has said that Tehran and New Delhi have similar views in regard to the issues facing Afghanistan.

Ambassador Mehdi Nabizadeh made the remarks during an interview with the Tehran Times correspondent at Oberoi Hotel, Gurgaon, Haryana, India, on November 2, on the sidelines of the 12th Meeting of the Council of Ministers of the Indian Ocean Rim-Association for Regional Cooperation, which was held on the same day.

Nabizadeh commented on the meeting that Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Legal and International Affairs Mohammad Mehdi Akhoundzadeh held with Indian Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai on the same day and said, “During the meeting, the issues of Syria and Afghanistan were discussed, and Mr. Akhoundzadeh provided certain explanations in regard to the situation in Syria. The country of India has similar views with the Islamic Republic of Iran about the issue of … Afghanistan.”

The Iranian ambassador also stated that bilateral issues were discussed during the meeting and the Indian official thanked Iran for the fact that it successfully hosted the 16th Summit of the Non-Aligned Movement in Tehran from August 26 to 31.

Nabizadeh added that the 17th meeting of the Iran-India joint commission, which is scheduled to be held in Tehran on November 19 and 20, was discussed during the meeting between Akhoundzadeh and Mathai.

He said that six or seven memorandums of understanding in various spheres will be signed during the meeting and talks will be held on bilateral, regional, and international issues.

EP/PA
Iran and India have similar views on Afghanistan: Iranian envoy - Tehran Times

We should strengthen our ties with Iran even more. Iran will turn out to be important ally especially in field of science and technology after few years. We should start laying foundation for better relations with Iran.

Considering their growth in Science and technology, they can also start cooperative development with us. Knowledge transfer will be beneficial for both the countries. We should look beyond a decade.

Of course we do.

Everyone on the planet shares the same view on AFG except the wahabi camp. Afghanistan must be cleansed from the taliban and wahabi menace.

I watched a doc about life in Kabul from the 70's and I swear my jaw was on the floor the entire time. I had seen pics from that time of course, but I always thought the pics were from specific areas and not representative of all of Kabul/AFG. But damn, I was so wrong. Kabul was awesome before the wars. Shame the whole place was literally flattened in the last 3 decades. It was truly eye opening b/c it wasn't just the buildings that were destroyed, culture and society were destroyed as well. It's shocking how fast everything went to hell. First came the commies, then the mujahedin and finally the worst one of the lot: the taliban.

Edit: I will post the doc later. Maybe open up a thread. It was by Tolo News.

Pak is with Arabs and Turkey. The decision by Iranians and afghans to ignore us will make our alliances with the already respected countries I pointed plus china to further increase. Good for all of us....

Pak is with Arabs and Turkey.
Pakistan should be with anyone who is in its interests,be it US,Iran,Turkey or Arabs.

But about Afghanistan,you should accept your policies is not very popular among them,it almost destroyed the whole country.
Afghans will decide what's best for 'them',not the best for their neighbors.They are sick of 30 years of war,killing,drugs,blood and aggression.

Pak is with Arabs and Turkey. The decision by Iranians and afghans to ignore us will make our alliances with the already respected countries I pointed plus china to further increase. Good for all of us....
Arabs meaning which countries ?

KSA is already increasing its ties with India and wnt to invest hundreds of billions in Indian infrastructure. They were your major ally, now they are coming on India's side.

UAE also increasing its ties with India.

Iran is your neighbor. So now, you have India on east with whom you don't have good relations, you have Afghanistan and Iran on North and West, first one is already becoming your headache and Iran if distances itself from Pakistan, you will only have China as only ally near you.

Its not good for Pakistan, at all.

Arabs meaning which countries ?

KSA is already increasing its ties with India and wnt to invest hundreds of billions in Indian infrastructure. They were your major ally, now they are coming on India's side.

UAE also increasing its ties with India.

Iran is your neighbor. So now, you have India on east with whom you don't have good relations, you have Afghanistan and Iran on North and West, first one is already becoming your headache and Iran if distances itself from Pakistan, you will only have China as only ally near you.

Its not good for Pakistan, at all.

What impact has trade and investmentds? Pakistan's trade with Iran has quadrupled in the last 5 years. India's trade with china has also further increased. But the bottom line is both cannot make each other as natural allies.

If there is period of tension Pakistan can make good use of its current natural allies. China sir Lanka and Bangladesh can pressure you from your border ends and GCC and turkey can do the same on Iran.

What impact has trade and investmentds? Pakistan's trade with Iran has quadrupled in the last 5 years. India's trade with china has also further increased. But the bottom line is both cannot make each other as natural allies.

If there is period of tension Pakistan can make good use of its current natural allies. China sir Lanka and Bangladesh can pressure you from your border ends and GCC and turkey can do the same on Iran.
Why,because we don't want to support Taliban primeval gangs in Afghanistan? fair enough.

Sri Lanka and Bangladesh pressurize India ? Do you know India has more soldiers, warplanes, ships and weapons than Pakistan, Srilanka, Bangladesh combined.

China won't go to war on behalf of Pakistan against India. We are good for business for them.

China and Russia still supports Iran even if Russia refused to give some weapons. China still imports large amount of oil from Iran.

If I remember correctly, KSA is also working along with India regarding terrorism and it handed over Jundal even when Pakistan asked them to give it to you. They have also asked for stopping terrorist camps in your country.

Look at all aspects especially the economic aspect. India is a huge market and trusted ally of Iran. We didn't stop importing oil from Iran even when US asked to do so. In the end, they made us exception to trade with Iran.

Iranian people knows who left them in time of need and they know India didn't. Of course, we did it for our national interest and maintained our relations with Iran but we also showed our support to Iran too.

I believe there are only two parties Iran-Indian, who are funding TTP to attack Pakistani army and Iran is the biggest supply route to American troops across the border.

Wow,I can't believe you guys could invent all these lies too fast,only after hearing that Iran and India have similar views on Afghanistan.

Pakistanis on this forum know how much respect I have for them.But seriously,are you kidding me now?I mean,really???I think it's a matter of time until Iran becomes number 1 enemy of Pakistan according to your logic.

@ krait
I'm eager to reply your.post. I'm using my phone so it will take ages. Let me reply you using my computer. Wait few min

reply to ERA:

You must be out of your mind to even think that Pakistan can fund war upon them self.

Don't think that you can type what you like.

When Pashtoon were being carpet bombed, whole world media was watching and reporting from across the border.

Why this so called Taliban do not fight inside Afghanistan?

Iran has history of conspiring against Pakistan... but opening mouth is new.

Back
Top Bottom