What's new

Iran Equips Fighter Jets with Anti-Missile Capability

jha

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
A1121378.jpg

TEHRAN (FNA)- The Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) officially announced that the country's fighter jets have been equipped with anti-missile capability and are now able to detect and intercept any kind of incoming missiles.

The capability was demonstrated during the third phase of the 'Fadaeeyan-e Harim-e Vellayat III' air drills in Northwestern Iran.

The development is viewed as a great achievement for the Iranian weapons and defense industry.

During the military exercises, a missile fired by an F-5 fighter jet was instantly detected and destroyed by a Mig-29 fighter jet.

The Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) on Tuesday started the main phase of its four-staged air drills with testing hi-tech bombs and other advanced weapons systems, including various air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles.

An array of fighter jets, fighter bombers, cargo and transportation planes, including F-4, F-5, F-14, Sukhoi SU-24 fighter-bombers, Mig-29 and the logistic C-130 planes, and Saeqeh home-made fighter jets are used in the drills.

Fars News Agency :: Iran Equips Fighter Jets with Anti-Missile Capability

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Iranians revolutionizing Military tech. ...

During the military exercises, a missile fired by an F-5 fighter jet was instantly detected and destroyed by a Mig-29 fighter jet.

This means they have excelled a missile defense system , miniaturized it and made it operational on an air plane.

hmmm ... hehehehe !

i wonder if it is true or just castles in the air...

I believe this is acheviable, Rafale and Tornado jets have done in Libya.... Its not a big deal.... its a big deal when shooting down in coming SAM. A low speed missile can be intercepted by high spead modern missiles.:yahoo:

NATO war plane intercepts scud missile fired from Sirat City in Libya:smokin:

Its time to tell the truth about Iran that Its aircraft has Intercept S-300 Missile :argh:

[COLOR=""]Its very good solution, Modify old Point defence fighter to carry state of art missile, Update there radar to track ballistic missiles, and use it as ABM...

Cheap and Best, this is called "Jugad" in India.... [/COLOR]

Still Iran is very far away with modern Jets with AA/AS missile. Old MIG 29, Mirage, F-4,5,6,14 are not sufficient. Iran should improve her air force.

Israel has quality Anti-aircraft/Missiles like Iron Dome, David Slig, Barack-8, Spyder, Arrow-2,3.

They have achieved it now what they were doing for so many years and I think they need to buy more advanced Planes as soon as Possible because later or sooner Israel will try to target Iran So Iran needs to be better equipped to counter Isralie Air force their Navy and Army is not problem to tackle many Muslim Countries can do that main problem is Air Force of Israel

Still Iran is very far away with modern Jets with AA/AS missile. Old MIG 29, Mirage, F-4,5,6,14 are not sufficient. Iran should improve her air force.

Israel has quality Anti-aircraft/Missiles like Iron Dome, David Slig, Barack-8, Spyder, Arrow-2,3.

The truth is , If Iran don't want to punish Jews and don't want to become leader of Muslims, They don't need any modification. Iran has no enemy. Iraq is weak,they won't attack Iran. Paksiatn is busy in cleaning its mess. Israel don't give $^&* to Iran.

If Iran stop making Nuke , No one hurt it.

They have achieved it now what they were doing for so many years and I think they need to buy more advanced Planes as soon as Possible because later or sooner Israel will try to target Iran So Iran needs to be better equipped to counter Isralie Air force their Navy and Army is not problem to tackle many Muslim Countries can do that main problem is Air Force of Israel

You do understand that the best they came up with is a reverse engineered F-5, a third generation jet which first flew in 1959. I don't know what Ahmadinejad and ayatollahs are thinking but it'll take a lot more than some obsolete tech to intimidate Israel.

Israeli A-4s which they now use for training are in better shape than Iran's frontline fighters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom