What's new

Iran fencing border with Pakistan.

I would say that fencing is a good thing, because I believe it will improve the situation in Balochistan. I think fencing the Afghan border would be very tedious, but if done right, then this WOT is over, & there will be no more drone attacks. People have a misconception of what fencing of a border means I think.

I would say that fencing is a good thing, because I believe it will improve the situation in Balochistan. I think fencing the Afghan border would be very tedious, but if done right, then this WOT is over, & there will be no more drone attacks. People have a misconception of what fencing of a border means I think.

Fencing will only aggravate the issue in my opinion. The natives have lived in this area for generations without any physical border. Having a physical fence separating them will only create more tensions in the region I guess... on both sides of the border.

Fencing will only aggravate the issue in my opinion. The natives have lived in this area for generations without any physical border. Having a physical fence separating them will only create more tensions in the region I guess... on both sides of the border.

I disagree, having a porous border has shown how bandits, terrorists & criminals of all sorts attack with impunity & ease, esp. in the case of Afghanistan; as both Pakistan & the US are currently finding out.

I disagree, having a porous border has shown how bandits, terrorists & criminals of all sorts attack with impunity & ease, esp. in the case of Afghanistan; as both Pakistan & the US are currently finding out.

This problem cannot be fixed having a physical border, rather spend the effort in destroying the network which is generating these terrorists and smugglers.

See the case of the border fence between US and Mexico... has it stopped the illegal crossings?... no, because as long as there are criminals, they will find a way. If relatively uneducated people can cross such a high tech fence and escape one of the world's best surveillance system, then what will stop them crossing the new fence across the Iranian border?

Afghans (Pashtuns) dont recognize the border (Durand Line). :azn:
With due respect to all pashton frineds, but who cares man? why should everything be according to the WISHES of pashtoons only? In this region and these countries there are other people living too, no special treatment to any specific group, nobody is better than the rest.

This problem cannot be fixed having a physical border, rather spend the effort in destroying the network which is generating these terrorists and smugglers.

See the case of the border fence between US and Mexico... has it stopped the illegal crossings?... no, because as long as there are criminals, they will find a way. If relatively uneducated people can cross such a high tech fence and escape one of the world's best surveillance system, then what will stop them crossing the new fence across the Iranian border?

Having a physical border fence between the US & Mexico hasn't worked because a lot of Mexicans still see their livelihood & means of earning in the US. Completely different dynamics here. I don't see criminals (smugglers, attackers, bandits, terrorists) infiltrating the borders to earn their livelihood, but to cause mayhem & havoc for their respective governments. So I see fencing as a good option. The fenced border between India & Pakistan has done wonders in terms of cross-border infiltration & crime.

Have they started to hire tamil spokespersons now...:lol:

Tamil people speak only the truth :azn:

With due respect to all pashton frineds, but who cares man? why should everything be according to the WISHES of pashtoons only? In this region and these countries there are other people living too, no special treatment to any specific group, nobody is better than the rest.

I agree with you. But is it not true what I said ?

In democracy its always the majority rule.

They say they are doing to to prevent terrorists (mostly Jundulla) and drug traffickers from entering Iran.

On a lighter note- I read a comment that say's Pakistan is pretty smart. They got their border fenced with India and now with Iran. They are getting their whole country fenced for free !!!!

It ain't so smart if the monster everyones is fencing themselves from gets trapped with you.

In democracy its always the majority rule.

First of all they are not majority. Lets assume for a min that they are majority and their wish be considered, then in this case you give them pashtonistan, and lets see who loses what. you are a thick head that never ever understand nothing.

Having a physical border fence between the US & Mexico hasn't worked because a lot of Mexicans still see their livelihood & means of earning in the US. Completely different dynamics here. I don't see criminals (smugglers, attackers, bandits, terrorists) infiltrating the borders to earn their livelihood, but to cause mayhem & havoc for their respective governments. So I see fencing as a good option. The fenced border between India & Pakistan has done wonders in terms of cross-border infiltration & crime.

You do know that a lot of drug peddling also happens along the Iranian border? Plus who said terrorism is not a livelihood? The fencing is not going to stop these activities. We still see infiltration from the across the border on the Indo-Pak fence, agree it becomes difficult to some extent, nevertheless still quite a successful venture for a lot.

What needs to be done is to retrospect why Iran is building a fence. Pakistan needs to do more to dismantle these networks and police the lawless regions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom