What's new

Iran to Rank 1st in Science, Technology by 2025

All of these countries have a lot of geo-political importance and if they do well in science and tech, they can become cornerstones of importance. Egypt can lead all of Africa, Turkey can lead scandinavian countries and western Europe, Iran can lead the khaleeji arabs, Pakistan can have influence on Afghanistan and central asian countries..

Iran for sure deserves this, they have sacrificed a lot the past 30 years with young blood and i have no doubt in my mind that Iran is going to make the Khaleeji Arabs look backwards in a decade or so if things remain stable.

What distinguishes Iran's scientific base is that they are on an ideological platform, and for any country to excel it needs an ideological framework and a vibrant democratic culture that promotes these things.

They just need to tone down hostility towards their neighbours and the West. Israel is their enemy which is understandable, but no need to target America as a whole.
Hopefully we can see more work between all of those countries soon. If we work together, ou can bet we can develop way faster than we expect.

Iran is one of the best countries' in the Middle East if not the best. It would be in Pakistan's greatest interests to ally itself to Iran which will bring many benefits i.e. Iran selling more oil to us, taking full advantage of the future pipeline, share technology, etc.

Of course first we need to get rid of American influence in Pakistan which is easier said than done.

You can run for presidency of the US if you are Muslim, it doesn't mean you will win thu, but you have the freedom to run.... From my understanding, Iran is an oil country, with no illiterates. I have no doubt in my mind that they can be as democratic as any Western nation in the world. Your democracy develops by time, it doesn't start perfect. It fixes itself......

There is no perfect governing system, as there is no single system perfect for all circumstances. Thats why there is no pure democracy anywhere in ME, and it includes Israel (its own human rights organizations called Israel democracy as racist). It seems Muslims prefer strong leadership, and its their choice. Neither US nor anyone else can come and force democracy through the piles of dead bodies. Much like certain aggressive Western countries would hate if Muslims would attack and force their governing style.

Speaking of which, there is no true democracy in US either. True rulers are power groups behind the screens, and not whom people select. Furthermore, US abandons human rights, pretty much becoming Big brother police state.

People around the World see that, and they laugh at US hypocritical "democracy export", since they can understand its a fake pretense for wars to extend US geopolitical interests.

There is no perfect governing system, as there is no single system perfect for all circumstances. Thats why there is no pure democracy anywhere in ME, and it includes Israel (its own human rights organizations called Israel democracy as racist). It seems Muslims prefer strong leadership, and its their choice. Neither US nor anyone else can come and force democracy through the piles of dead bodies. Much like certain aggressive Western countries would hate if Muslims would attack and force their governing style.

Speaking of which, there is no true democracy in US either. True rulers are power groups behind the screens, and not whom people select. Furthermore, US abandons human rights, pretty much becoming Big brother police state.

People around the World see that, and they laugh at US hypocritical "democracy export", since they can understand its a fake pretense for wars to extend US geopolitical interests.
In most Muslim countries, we don't have a system, let alone a fair one.. We have to develop a fair system for governing that is acceptable by the people. Democracy is not a bad thing to adopt, don't you think ? It is not coincidence that democratic countries tend to develop faster, and people seem happier, and human rights are respected more.

Congrats to Iran they have invested in education and schools and Universities instead of relying on USA and it shows with their progress and beautiful cities ... it was correct decision

azadi2.jpg

30475.gif

Tehran-Metro-station.jpg

232.jpg

iran-bushehr-110723-02.jpg

mideast-iran-auto-industry-2011-4-20-8-51-32.jpg

tehran-apartment-buildings.jpg

4_8512080292_L600.jpg

In most Muslim countries, we don't have a system, let alone a fair one.. We have to develop a fair system for governing that is acceptable by the people. Democracy is not a bad thing to adopt, don't you think ? It is not coincidence that democratic countries tend to develop faster, and people seem happier, and human rights are respected more.

Agreed, democracy is a good alternative. But remember it has to be completely 110% home grown and must be completely compatible with that country's culture and religion. Democracy and human rights are frequently misused to promote the interests of foreign countries at the expense of locals. True democracy is just an idea not achievable. Even US is not a true democracy. You can just have a better system in relative terms which makes your nation progress. This is good enough. Once you have such a system you can make minor adjustments to it over long term to make it even better as time passes and more progress is made. Sudden change and coups only bring misery and stall any progress that is happening. Of course if you do not have such a system then you have no other option than a sudden change in the form of a revolution, as was the condition of Egypt. But in Iran's case if they go after another sudden change their progress will surely stop for one or two decades if not forever.

Even now Egyptians should be patient and ready for a sacrifice of at least a decade for things to start improving. Then Egyptians have to make slow adjustments to their systems. Bringing in a new revolution or coup every 6 years only will make that nation backward. Only hard work whether in "communist" one party political system of China or "democratic" two party system of US brings prosperity. So Egypt must start doing some heavy duty work as Iran is doing if it wants to reach the glory. No other nation be it US, Iran or Saudi can give the glory to Egypt. When you are doing that heavy duty hard work then over time make some adjustments to political system slowly to make it more flexible and tolerable. But trying to make a super flexible system when the foundation for prosperity in the form of strong economy and science is not there, will only bring misfortune:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, democracy is a good alternative. But remember it has to be completely 110% home grown and must be completely compatible with that country's culture and religion. Democracy and human rights are frequently misused to promote the interests of foreign countries at the expense of locals. True democracy is just an idea not achievable. Even US is not a true democracy. You can just have a better system in relative terms which makes your nation progress. This is good enough. Once you have such a system you can make minor adjustments to it over long term to make it even better as time passes and more progress is made. Sudden change and coups only bring misery and stall any progress that is happening. Of course if you do not have such a system then you have no other option than a sudden change in the form of a revolution, as was the condition of Egypt. But in Iran's case if they go after another sudden change their progress will surely stop for one or two decades if not forever.

Even now Egyptians should be patient and ready for a sacrifice of at least a decade for things to start improving. Then Egyptians have to make slow adjustments to their systems. Bringing in a new revolution or coup every 6 years only will make that nation backward. Only hard work whether in "communist" one party political system of China or "democratic" two party system of US brings prosperity. So Egypt must start doing some heavy duty work as Iran is doing if it wants to reach the glory. No other nation be it US, Iran or Saudi can give the glory to Egypt. When you are doing that heavy duty hard work then over time make some adjustments to political system slowly to make it more flexible and tolerable. But trying to make a super flexible system when the foundation for prosperity in the form of strong economy and science is not there, will only bring misfortune:

Great post. I agree with everything you just said.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of these countries have a lot of geo-political importance and if they do well in science and tech, they can become cornerstones of importance. Egypt can lead all of Africa, Turkey can lead scandinavian countries and western Europe, Iran can lead the khaleeji arabs, Pakistan can have influence on Afghanistan and central asian countries..

Iran for sure deserves this, they have sacrificed a lot the past 30 years with young blood and i have no doubt in my mind that Iran is going to make the Khaleeji Arabs look backwards in a decade or so if things remain stable.

What distinguishes Iran's scientific base is that they are on an ideological platform, and for any country to excel it needs an ideological framework and a vibrant democratic culture that promotes these things.

They just need to tone down hostility towards their neighbours and the West. Israel is their enemy which is understandable, but no need to target America as a whole.

Over my dead body will Iran lead us. Sorry if it hurts the feelings of some people here but me and 40 Million other people agree with me on this. The only way it can "Lead" us is if it kills every single last one of us understand??

Iran will not be leading anyone in the Muslim world however if Pakistan wants Iran to lead them go for it, Mind I remind Arab Countries that were seen that Iran was a leader don't see that anymore they see Turkey as the leader. however no one will be number 1 rather a coalition of Muslim countries will lead. Turkey is the example.

Over my dead body will Iran lead us. Sorry if it hurts the feelings of some people here but me and 40 Million other people agree with me on this. The only way it can "Lead" us is if it kills every single last one of us understand??

Hmmmmmmmm............., why so much hate towards Iran???

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Iran will not be leading anyone in the Muslim world however if Pakistan wants Iran to lead them go for it, Mind I remind Arab Countries that were seen that Iran was a leader don't see that anymore they see Turkey as the leader. however no one will be number 1 rather a coalition of Muslim countries will lead. Turkey is the example.

Again, your obsession with Pakistan, why do you drag Pakistan into every topic that has nothing to do with it?????????????

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Again, your obsession with Pakistan, why do you drag Pakistan into every topic that hos nothing to do with it?????????????

Some tensions between the Gulf and Iran, however Neither Iran nor Gulf will be leading like I've said Iran will not be leading anyone in the Muslim world however if Pakistan wants Iran to lead them go for it, Mind I remind Arab Countries that were seen that Iran was a leader don't see that anymore they see Turkey as the leader. however no one will be number 1 rather a coalition of Muslim countries will lead. Turkey is the example

On another note, personally i wouldn't mind Iran leading, as long as that radical shiite government is not in power, then i'm good!

Again, your obsession with Pakistan, why do you drag Pakistan into every topic that has nothing to do with it?????????????[/QUOTE]

Pakistani's seem to want to be followers rather then leaders :azn:

Again, your obsession with Pakistan, why do you drag Pakistan into every topic that has nothing to do with it?????????????

It's not hate. It is a matter of principal.

Back
Top Bottom