What's new

Iran to unveil hypersonic missile in near future

Iran overtook North Korean missile technology when introducing the Sejil missile. It's not me who says it but a NATO missile expert a few years ago

Iran and North Korea certainly have a tendency to release similar rockets/missiles at similar times.
However, there are clear differences in the details, and North Korea's rockets/missiles have always been very similar to the Chinese and Russian originals.
For example, the domestically produced S-400 that North Korea unveiled in 2020 is an exact copy of the Russian one, down to the radar configuration and the sharp acceleration at missile launch.
Iran's Bavar-373 is similar to the S-300/400 only in missile size, but the radar is proprietary and the missile's acceleration is clearly slower and different.
A domestic version of the Tor was also released at a similar time, but Iran's was a copy of the Tor-M1 or was produced under license, while North Korea's was a copy of the Tor-M2.
HGVs were also released at a similar time, but Iran's was a unique and rather simple shape, while North Korea's was a copy of China's DF-17.
In various equipment, Iran has shown originality and ingenuity, while North Korea has always tended to produce faithful copies of Chinese and Russian equipment.

If the two sides are exchanging technology as closely as the West is clamoring for, why is there such a difference?
A detailed comparison is when Iran manages on its own to manufacture domestically produced weapons at a pace that lags behind China and Russia,
North Korea somehow manages to manufacture weapons that are one step ahead of Iran, copied precisely from China and Russia.
North Korea may appear to be politically maneuvering and slightly ahead of Iran, but it is only a copy.
If Iran were only receiving technology from North Korea, Iran would be producing copies as well.

Very shallow news report with no actual substance, it didn't even mention what sort of missile would it be
Quasi Ballistic Hypersonic Missile like Kinzhal

Literally said it’s a glide vehicle that can “move in and out of the atmosphere”.

So by simple logic it cannot be a quasi endo-atmospheric missile like Kinzhal which is just an air launched modified Iskander. Plenty of BMs are technically “hypersonic”. But when we speak hypersonics we generally now mean ones with HGV.

Or
Hypersonic Glide Vehicle like DF ZF (DF 17)

Likely this.
Or
Hypersonic Cruise Missile like Zircon.

Iran does not possess the necessary air breathing hypersonic scramjet to create a hypersonic CRUISE missile. That tech is very difficult to master for any country outside of US, Russia, and China.

My guess a quasi ballistic hypersonic missile like Kinzhal because other 2 types are beyond the technological capabilities of Iran.

You are literally wrong since the commander said it skips in and out of upper atmosphere pointing to use of glide vehicle.

Russia’s promotion of Kinzhal is misleading as almost all BMs are hypersonic in nature. They have been for decades when 1960’s ICBM like minute man had Mach 8+

they cost alot

maybe the money should be spent elsewhere

and if they do make one it needs to get passed the Patriot, Arrow, Davids Sling and finally the Iron Dome

if Iran can get passed these then no high value target in Israel is safe

F35 are stored in deep under ground bunker but Hypersonic missiles can penetrate deep
All the missiles you have mentioned have amazing marketing teams behind them.
Gulf war....patriots failed miserablebly. I am sure they have been improved since.
Recently Gaza has shown Iron done is also a bs marketing machine.

Iran should continue on its quest

Literally said it’s a glide vehicle that can “move in and out of the atmosphere”.

So by simple logic it cannot be a quasi endo-atmospheric missile like Kinzhal which is just an air launched modified Iskander. Plenty of BMs are technically “hypersonic”. But when we speak hypersonics we generally now mean ones with HGV.

Likely this.

Iran does not possess the necessary air breathing hypersonic scramjet to create a hypersonic CRUISE missile. That tech is very difficult to master for any country outside of US, Russia, and China.

You are literally wrong since the commander said it skips in and out of upper atmosphere pointing to use of glide vehicle.

Russia’s promotion of Kinzhal is misleading as almost all BMs are hypersonic in nature. They have been for decades when 1960’s ICBM like minute man had Mach 8+
The report didn't explicitly mentioned that will it be a quasi ballistic hypersonic missile or a hypersonic cruise missile or a HGV, and given that HGV's stay inside the upper reaches of the atmosphere for most of its flight path, I assumed that news reporter wrote those particular words by mistake (happens a lot in Indian journalism so I am a bit insensitive to the content of news reports).
So yeah my bad, I should have read the report more thoroughly.

No offence but I think even HGVs are very complicated for Iran to master.
On the big 3 have the necessary technologies (heck US HGV tests are constantly failing and now they seem to have shifted their focus on hypersonic cruise missile).
Iran does not posses hypersonic wind tunnels needed to do research on HGV's, HGV fly at a speed of mach 12-15 and will need a sustained hypersonic wind tunnel which can simulate at the very least mach 15.
Not to mention the exotic materials needed for a HGV that flies for atleast 300 seconds at a surface temperature of nearly 2000 degrees celcius.
These exotic materials will be the biggest hurdle in Iran's hypersonic dreams, I am not sure how advanced Iran is in material sciences so I will leave it for you to decide

Here is a very good video explaining everything about hypersonic weapons in detail

Also You might wanna expand that list of countries with hypersonic cruise missile technology.
check out about Indian HSTDV (Indian hypersonic cruise missile) and scramjet engine project (ISRO’s Air Breathing Propulsion Project (ABPP) tested in 2016).

Last edited:
Fattah hypersonic missile

Fattah hypersonic missile
1402031611524572527723754.jpg

Range : 1400 km
Speed : 13 mach in last phase
Maneuver : inside and outside of atmosphere

Iran overtook North Korean missile technology when introducing the Sejil missile. It's not me who says it but a NATO missile expert a few years ago
yes, but Russia came into the picture some years ago and helped North Korea further- look no further than North Korea having its own Hypersonic missiles- by process of elimination, only Russia could've provided North Korea with that technology in reality, but that provision to North Korea also advanced its missile program ALOT.

Doesn't look very convincing. If the news are true, I believe the Iranian government is going to release actual footage instead of CGI.
How they show actual footage?
Its not easy. I don't think other countries can do that too

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom