What's new

Iran unveiled anti ship Zafar cruise missile

What's the speed and weight of the warhead?
good to know that it's radar guided but I personally prefer that Iran builds missiles with cable guidance that are totally safe from the US powerful jamming technology, we should build them and have numerous launchers in our coastal waters.
Let me clear this up a bit. You can have wire guided, but not cable.

Wire-guided missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A wire-guided missile is a missile that is guided by signals sent to it via thin wires connected between the missile and its guidance mechanism, which is located somewhere near the launch site. As the missile flies, the wires are reeled out behind it. This guidance system is most commonly used in anti-tank missiles, where its ability to be used in areas of limited line-of-sight make it useful, while the range limit imposed by the length of the wire is not a serious concern.
But there is a range limitation imposed by the amount of wire your missile can carry. The longer this distance, the stronger and thicker it must be in order to withstand continuous stresses of many types such as flexing stresses. What you are asking for is not practical.

Let me clear this up a bit. You can have wire guided, but not cable.

Wire-guided missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But there is a range limitation imposed by the amount of wire your missile can carry. The longer this distance, the stronger and thicker it must be in order to withstand continuous stresses of many types such as flexing stresses. What you are asking for is not practical.

There's also the curvature of the Earth. Without knowing exactly how high or low the terrain of the launch point is, and exactly how tall say, a CV is, assuming a launch point of 0 m altitude and the height of the CV at 50 m, that puts the visual horizon at 25 km.

Back
Top Bottom