What's new

Iran unveils new generation of Zolfaqar, Samsam tanks

I Dont know why they unveiled samsam. They upgraded M-60 years ago. even it was an offer to other countries that have M_60, iran upgraded them before sanctions(before 2006)

i dont know exactly when they upgraded them, but it was before 2006 and now they are unveiling it again!

even what i post seems better than what they unveiled today! maybe the specification is better...

113079_797.jpg

these are the specification of the offer:

Upgrade - M-60 MBTS

As M-60 MBTs lacks any gun stabilizer and night vision system, there are some changes in its modernized version, including:
Equipping with driver’s night vision periscope.
Periscope specification:

Vision field: 30 degree
Magnification: 1
Installation type: at night time and on the driver’s hatch
Time of assembely & disassembley: 30 sec.

Equipping with gun stabilizer in elevation & traverse.
Main components of M-60 MBT stabilizer include:

Elevation & traverse electro hydraulic drivers.
Upgraded hydraulic system.
Upgraded control panel of gunner.
Central control unit.
Gyroscope & 3 phases feed source.

Equipping with stabilized panoramic commander site. (optional)

Independent of turret in elevation & azimute.
Stabilized in elevation & traverse.
Magnification: 7 times (variable, optional)
Vision field: 8.5 degree (variable, optional)
Laser range finder with range of 20 km and precision of 10m.
Capable of being linked with anti airgun (optional)

Fire control system
EFCS-3 fire control system

General specification:
Laser range finder with precision of 5 m.
Automatic receiving of ballistic & environmental parameters.
Automatic ballistic and environmental calculation.
Fully digitally ballistic calculation at less than 0.1 sec.
Night vision system of Generation II
Field of view: 7.5 m
Magnification: 7 times
Elevation and azimute stabilized mirror.

m60a1upgradeerairan2010.jpg

what will be the purpose of Zolfaqar then?

it not new tank ... they have plane to upgrade M60 and M47 ..... ( they want to make new tower for M60 and M47 !!!)

IMO M47 is kinda useless ....!!

it not new tank ... they have plane to upgrade M60 and M47 ..... ( they want to make new tower for M60 and M47 !!!)

IMO M47 is kinda useless ....!!

Its called a Turret, But can you tell me how good the armor is? How many mm RHA it can withstand?

Congratz to Iranians, Seems like a good cheap and cost-effective tank, Although probably will still have some T-55/T-72/M60/M-47 Elements, I would personnaly classify this tank as 2,5 Generation. Its more of an achievemnt then the F-313 joke.

Its called a Turret, But can you tell me how good the armor is? How many mm RHA it can withstand?

Congratz to Iranians, Seems like a good cheap and cost-effective tank, Although probably will still have some T-55/T-72/M60/M-47 Elements, I would personnaly classify this tank as 2,5 Generation. Its more of an achievemnt then the F-313 joke.

thanks about Turret ...

well , they didn't give any information about Zolfaghar armor... but I can say its Turret had better armor and it thickness is more than T72S's

we produce 300-1000 T72S in Iran and under license of Russia ... but we stop producing it and begins to produce Zolfaghar 3 ... so that mean Zolfaghar 3 has some obvious advantage over T72S that why our ground force agreed with mass producing it ........ and IMO one of it great advantage against T72S is its armor ...

about M60 ... IMO they will desgin some Turret like this and protect it with some explosive armor ...
th.jpg

about M47 ... IMO they should use a turret and with something like Oerlikon 35 mm twin cannon and 4 Dehlavieh Anti tank missile .... otherwise it would be a practice target ...

about F 313 ... well we begun Zolfaghar project in 1993 and complete it in 2013 ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom