What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Masaf-2 7.62x51mm battle rifle was unveiled in "Young Soldier" ceremony, according to Minister of Defense it will be delievered to IRIGF(Army's ground force)
name-a-171299 (22).jpg

name-a-171299 (29).jpg

name-a-171299 (18).jpg

name-a-171299 (19).jpg

name-a-171299 (17).jpg

name-a-171299 (20).jpg

Masaf-2 in the hand of IRIGF 65th Nohed serviceman
20210307_152048.jpg

20210307_151338.jpg

20210307_151357.jpg

20210307_151421.jpg

20210307_151433.jpg

20210307_151451.jpg

Wonder why they thought 5.56 isnt enought and went for 7.62 Nato?!!
Because Army's service rifle is 7.62×51mm HK G-3, there are millions upon millions of 7.62 rounds in army's inventory and as minister said Masaf-2 will be delievered to IRIGF.

No related but a new pic of Kian-X600 which is based on MAZ-537
IMG_20210307_125733_962.jpg

@MTN1917 can we formally say that Masaf-2 is now the "standard" issue in the regular Iranian Army. is there a "standard" issue in IRGC.
There has been indications by commanders of Army that G3 will be replaced but we can't say anything until we see Masaf-2 delievered in numbers to IRIGF.

IRGC standard issue rifle is AK and its derivatives, recently AK-103 has been delievered in numbers to IRGC, IRIGF special forces have also taken delievery of Iranian made AK-103.

Pakistan is also looking for a replacement for its G3 rifles. They can find a good source of money by sharing it with Pakistani army. Given the fact that every piece of it is homemade and Iran can fully transfer the production line to Pakistan.

@Irfan Baloch what say you sir? This is a brilliant case for it introduced in the above posts. If you are not going for Chinese rifles tho.

Pakistan is also looking for a replacement for its G3 rifles. They can find a good source of money by sharing it with Pakistani army. Given the fact that every piece of it is homemade and Iran can fully transfer the production line to Pakistan.

@Irfan Baloch what say you sir? This is a brilliant case for it introduced in the above posts. If you are not going for Chinese rifles tho.

There are numerous areas where Iran and Pakistan can mutually benefit but currently Pakistan has it's limitations regarding Iran when time comes in future it may happen till then it is only a wishful thinking.

In case of military cooperation Pak Iran cooperation can be extended in following areas.
1-Basic Ammo and guns
2-MBTs
3-Attack helis ( Pak may follow Irni path to upgrade their vintage Cobras)
4- Air Defense ( Irani SAMs and Radars can be benificial for Pak)
4- Aeronautical projects. ( Clearly Iran may get much valued feed back and technical assistance from Pak)

The biggest problem with the AR-15 design, on which this rifle is based, it that you need a CNC milling machine for manufacture.

For the masses of the Army this gets quite expensive.

So I doubt that they will replace the G-3 with it, which is a mass-producable stamped steel design.

Raefipours design tried to managed it with a simpler non CNC design, but never heard anything about it since the unveiling.
AK-103 is attractive but 7.62 NATO has more punch in defensive positions (Armys role)

The biggest problem with the AR-15 design, on which this rifle is based, it that you need a CNC milling machine for manufacture.

So I doubt that they will replace the G-3 with it, which is a mass-producable stamped steel design.

Raefipours design tried to managed it with a simpler non CNC design, but never heard anything about it since the unveiling.
AK-103 is attractive but 7.62 NATO has more punch in defensive positions (Armys role)
Army is not always looking for cheaper platforms sir, and i have witnessed this in the radars of Bavar-373 system. They are not essentially looking for cheap or better to say cost effective Solutions. I mean Army doctrine is different from IRGC.

I have little doubt that Army decision makers don't care about the cost, they mostly consider the functionality of military hardwares regardless of their price tag.

Army is not always looking for cheaper platforms sir, and i have witnessed this in the radars of Bavar-373 system. They are not essentially looking for cheap or better to say cost effective Solutions. I mean Army doctrine is different from IRGC.

I have little doubt that Army decision makers don't care about the cost, they mostly consider the functionality of military hardwares regardless of their price tag.

I hope not.

Have you considered that they might use fiber tube laser cutting as the manufacturing method? Also Cnc based but much faster and cheaper (for mass production) than cnc milling.

I don't havemuch information about your gun. so I cant comment but i welcome jointventures with Iran both commercial and military

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom