What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

How many Iranian ARs are going to get unveiled. It seems every couple years we see a new Iranian AR then never hear about it again.

How many Iranian ARs are going to get unveiled. It seems every couple years we see a new Iranian AR then never hear about it again.

Yup, getting tired of it frankly. Either pick one, and distribute it to Nohed 65th brigade or stop recycling old news. I feel like I'm getting Deja Vu

Yup, getting tired of it frankly. Either pick one, and distribute it to Nohed 65th brigade or stop recycling old news. I feel like I'm getting Deja Vu
Production method is the issue here. Iran wants a cheap production that is also high quality insured which means tight tolerance for precision performance. Remember that more than a million units need to be produced.

my theory is that they have finally found a way to produce something better than the ak which is not much more expensive. I think they are using fiber laser production methods which is not far fetched considering Iran just recently announced that they can make those types of machine domestically. With tube fiber laser cnc they will get insane tolerance and high rate production speed.

The recoil on that gun is huge 😳 and on the side note, why is the second guy holding the gun that way?

It's the same rifle with new caliber, a variant.
Projects are being re-unveiled to cover the lack of funding in this f@cked up government and it's mostly the defense ministry.
The recoil on that gun is huge 😳 and on the side note, why is the second guy holding the gun that way?
recoil is good compared to other rifles with this caliber:

تجهیز نسل جدید «مصاف» با گلوله‌های ۷.۶۲ برای انجام عملیات‌های ویژه/ آشنایی با سلاح جدید تهاجمی ایران که قابلیت تبدیل‌شدن به تک‌تیرانداز دارد +عکس و فیلم - مشرق نیوز

Bigger punch. Against rag tags, 5.56 is fine. Against well protected troops, you need to up the ante.
That isn't really true.
7.62x51mm is, like 5.56x45,, or 5.45x39mm, 7.62x39mm, 7.62x54mmR the case of the ammo self!
These caliber dicussions are annoying.
It depends on the weapon, the barrel length, the ammo, the doctrine.
It's actually funny that today the 5.56mm is being attacked because of the alleged lack of man-stopping effect, and at the time of the Vietnam War it was openly discussed whether the ammunition, because of its extreme man-stopping effect (extreme injuries), would not violate the Geneva Convention (Munition-type). The man-stopping effect of a 5.56mm NATO Standard SS109 from an M16 on 300m is greater than that of a 7.62mm NATO Standard from a G3. The man-stopping effect of a 5.56mm NATO Standard SS109 from a G36 is greater than that of the same caliber with that of the same cartridge from an M4. The man-stopping effect of a 5.56mm NATO Standard SS109 from an M16 is up to 400m greater than that of a 7.62x39mm full jacket from an AK. The same caliber and the same cartridge from an M4 but have a lower man-stopping effect than the AK. The projectile's susceptibility to wind is significantly lower from an M16 than from an M4 and less than from a G36. Nevertheless, (nearly) everyone who could choose would prefer an M4 to an M16 because it is more compact and more manoeuvrable. An M855A1 from an M4 has a significantly higher man-stopping effect than an M855 from an M4. An MK318 from an M27, in turn, has a much higher man-stopping effect than an M855A1 from an M4. A 5.56mm M995 or an Israeli APM penetrates on 100m body armor, which does not penetrate a standard 7.62x51mm NATO bullet at the same distance. Conversely, a newer 7,62x51mm AP ammunition penetrated plates which neither of the two cartridges mentioned can penetrate even close. etc.
The best would be completely new munition (but expensive, in every sense - allies would need too etc.).
Murricans, if they do it right this time...
6.8x51mm (Hybrid) (Better than (typical) 556/762 and the .338 Norma Magnum (8.6x63mm) (likewise hybrid munition) is a BEAST! :D
But as I often said, Iran and US will never wage (full-scale) war directly.

Army is not always looking for cheaper platforms sir, and i have witnessed this in the radars of Bavar-373 system. They are not essentially looking for cheap or better to say cost effective Solutions. I mean Army doctrine is different from IRGC.

I have little doubt that Army decision makers don't care about the cost, they mostly consider the functionality of military hardwares regardless of their price tag.

Fact is unlike the IRGC, Artesh has to spend a much larger portion of its current budget on maintaining it's current platforms and because Iran has 2 military forces their (Artesh) budget is comparatively limited which makes it rather difficult and complicated for them to take on larger more complex projects without direct government assistance and funding.. Where as the IRGC aside from the allocated government budget has it's own revenue stream and income allowing them to fund more complex projects using their own income. Also the IRGC's ability to operate inside the economy gives the IRGC far better money management skills.

Now the reason the IRGC seems to have and operate less expensive platform has more to do with their strategic decision making and standing orders/mission of it's various branches and the infrastructure they've built around those orders over the past 4 decades.

That's the price tag for a GPS guided 300km TBM far less capable than Iran's Fateh-110
1615209255875.png

MGM-140 ATACMS - Wikipedia

Army is not always looking for cheaper platforms sir, and i have witnessed this in the radars of Bavar-373 system. They are not essentially looking for cheap or better to say cost effective Solutions. I mean Army doctrine is different from IRGC.

I have little doubt that Army decision makers don't care about the cost, they mostly consider the functionality of military hardwares regardless of their price tag.
Bavar's radars have to the best possible radars that Iran can produce or acquire as the nature of air defense against the new threats require the best system Iran is able to make. Te overall system has to be cutting edge in every way and constantly evolve and upgrade. I understand there were some PESAs that were considered and ultimately ended up in Talash instead as they were simply not up to the task for Bavar. That system has to hold its own against S-400 and demonstrate to the world that Iran can do it just as advanced as any. There was a lot surrounding Bavar, not just air defense. National honor and prestige are also connected to Bavar, because the endeavour started by others disrespecting Iran and playing garbage games with S-300 order.The result was a product as good and a bit better at half the cost (even with the more expensive AESAs).

Hi Sineva...are these updated Rakhsh 4x4s .looks as if one is BMP upgrade and the other seems like an up armored Rakhsh...if confirmed I add them to the Middle east Tech thread.

Last edited:
I don't havemuch information about your gun. so I cant comment but i welcome jointventures with Iran both commercial and military

Masaf uses 7.62 mm calibre cartridge. Effective range 800 m, 600 m at night vision mode.

Its operating rod in lieu of a direct impingement gas Tube.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom