What's new

Iranian military engine development news and updates

Am I trolling?
please avoid labeling others.
My statement is a possible hypothesis, as I wrote already used for the OWJ turbojet, a practice also widely used by many countries.
Furthermore, officially, on the Iranian presidential website, there is no mention of the CFM-56, but literally "In the presence of the President in the MAPNA Company, the completely Iranian plane engine made in the MAPNA Industrial Group was successfully tested."
https://www.president.ir/en/143639

therefore this can support several hypotheses:
1) It is actually a completely new Iranian made plane engine and will have its specific designation.
2) It is an aircraft engine made with reverse engineering + with possible modifications and improvements, which however will be denominated differently from the engine from which it is derived.
Therefore, nobody trolls here, but there are users who try to suggest hypotheses, as are also hypotheses that you express, this is because neither you nor I are directly and physically involved in that project.
have a nice day.
same website, same news in Persian, title says:
آزمایش موفق سیستم کاملا ایرانی کنترل موتور هواپیما با حضور آیت‌الله رئیسی

Google translate:
Successful testing of the completely Iranian aircraft engine control system with the presence of Ayatollah Raisi

Professional journalism!

So please let it go!!!

Nothing new was unveiled, it was just an exhibition of MAPNA's past achievements for president.
also news was the same, "test of an engine which has domestic components on domestic test stand", and each time, morons change the news. don't expect the MAPNA to publish a new statement each few months!

Let me give you an example how truth changes gradually in media, check the picture in the following link:
روشن شدن موتور ایرانی هواپیما؛ خبری دردناک برای جامعه برانداز و غربگدا - مشرق نیوز

The small line in the newspaper says:
successful test of airplane engine by domestic components and test platform (there is no space for elaboration in this short line)

Then the big line (title) on the page says:
Iran turned the airplane's engine on (double meaning)

The tweeter guy says:
Iran turned it's future plane's engine on (totally new concept)

And this is the title which mashreghnews has chosen for the link:
Turning the Iranian engine on
Mohsen Jan:

This was the headline on Iran's official "Fars News Agency":

آزمایش موفق موتور کاملا ایرانی هواپیما با حضور رئیس‌جمهور​

با حضور رئیس جمهور در شرکت مپنا موتور کاملا ایرانی و نیز سیستم کنترل موتور هوایی که به روش مهندسی معکوس توسط متخصصان گروه صنعتی مپنا ساخته شده است، با موفقیت آزمایش شد.
do not try to spin the news.

Mohsen Jan:

This was the headline on Iran's official "Fars News Agency":

آزمایش موفق موتور کاملا ایرانی هواپیما با حضور رئیس‌جمهور​

با حضور رئیس جمهور در شرکت مپنا موتور کاملا ایرانی و نیز سیستم کنترل موتور هوایی که به روش مهندسی معکوس توسط متخصصان گروه صنعتی مپنا ساخته شده است، با موفقیت آزمایش شد.
do not try to spin the news.
Buddy, you understand Persian, I expect more from you!

I assure you when we build our first passenger jet engine (even reverse engineered), you will see a whole different level of ceremony!

Last edited:
aviation1.jpg

1406528_192.jpg

1406530_394.jpg

1406529_695.jpg

1406530_394.jpg

1406531_224.jpg

1406533_514.jpg

1406538_792.jpg

170341372.jpg

170341372.jpg

Last edited:
-%D9%87%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%BE%DB%8C%D9%85%D8%A7%DB%8C-%D9%85%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%81 %D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%B1%DB%8C-%DA%A9%DB%8C%D8% B4

It's Iran. we had IRINN reporter, standing inside the site, saying Ghadir radar can rotate 360 degree, instead of saying 360 degree coverage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I’ve said this before and regardless if it is just them making more parts of different parts of engine etc but Iranian news agencies have a problem with translating to other languages especially English main one is Press TV I don’t think especially intentional just poor proof checking, especially homegrown is definitely overused. I make mistakes in what i say not a big deal a news agency does it they start losing credibility.

IMG-20230507-125659-888.jpg

IMG-20230507-125700-193.jpg

IMG-20230507-125659-852.jpg

IMG-20230507-125700-190.jpg

IMG-20230507-125659-676.jpg

In the above pictures, there are clearly 2 types of jet engines.. a larger one that is the CFM56 derivitive, and a smaller one.... any ideas what the smaller one is??

Probably will be used to power the 72 seate reional airliner Iran is making...

IMG-20230507-125659-888.jpg

IMG-20230507-125700-193.jpg

IMG-20230507-125659-852.jpg

IMG-20230507-125700-190.jpg

IMG-20230507-125659-676.jpg

In the above pictures, there are clearly 2 types of jet engines.. a larger one that is the CFM56 derivitive, and a smaller one.... any ideas what the smaller one is??

Probably will be used to power the 72 seate reional airliner Iran is making...

There is zero point zero chance Iran can build a CFM56 from scratch.

You think that one of the most monumental achievements in Iranian history and the Supreme Leader wouldn’t attend? That the entire military brass wouldn’t be bragging about it?

Do you understand how many countries can build passenger engines from scratch with NO parts from other countries? 2…USA and China

Russia, France, UK and everyone else all use at least 1-10% parts/components/technical expertise/license/whatever from USA.

There is zero point zero chance Iran can build a CFM56 from scratch.

You think that one of the most monumental achievements in Iranian history and the Supreme Leader wouldn’t attend? That the entire military brass wouldn’t be bragging about it?

Do you understand how many countries can build passenger engines from scratch with NO parts from other countries? 2…USA and China

Russia, France, UK and everyone else all use at least 1-10% parts/components/technical expertise/license/whatever from USA.
This was not Unveiling event for an engine..It was just a visit for the May day occasion to an industrial plant .

About the engine:
They explicitly said that the Engine FADEC was successfully reverse engineered..Now if CFM56 was designed 50 years ago we are talking about Electronics with no software (just transistors and very simple Integrated circuits). Extremely easy to understand the functions and duplicate the functions in current day Electronic technology.. copied version will be way smaller and lighter (an absolution easy work for Iran)

The rest of the engine:
I understand the Turbine blades are most critical..MAPNA is the Turbine blade center of excellence so I do not need to elaborate on that. They make"E" and "F" class turbines from scratch.

Materials Engineering:
Iran has an ocean of experience in understanding properties and various alloys used in High Temp, HI Stress environments..(e,g.Missile engines..warheads travelling at Mach 5-8 ,materials used in Hypersonic flights..etc) all done by Iran before

Combined with Reverse Engineering processes that Iran has mastered over 43 years..I see absolutely no Engineering reason why Iran can not reverse Eng and build her own Copy of this engine from scratch.

You may ask then why guys like China do not do this and simple answer is ..Copyrights infringement ..IP issues..massive problem for China not an issue for Iran..
conclusions:
The Iranian Copy of CFM56 can be unveiled if that is the plan $$$ ! (I do not know that part) not in MAPNA but in some other company to keep MAPNA international operation free of any legal rights issues.

And bye the way It will not be called CFM56 ..I hope the choose a Frasi name for it....lol:p:

Last edited:
As already written, when the Mr. President or other important authority will be invited to the presentation of the new turbofan engine for commercial aircraft completely built in Iran, there will be no reference to the reverse eninereng of the existing engines, nor the alphanumeric code itself. PS But then are we sure it will be an Iranian version of the CFM-56?

I ask this question because if the first commercial aircraft to be built with jet engines is the 72-seat one, a possible copy of the CFM-56 would seem too big, heavy and powerful.
As an example I have compared the characteristics of the CFM-56 and D-436 which is installed on AN-148, an aircraft which appears to be close in size to the new Iranian aircraft.
This would lead one to think that any first turbofan made in Iran is an engine suitable for that aircraft, therefore something that would make it differ from the CFM-56.
If there won't be an Iranian-made turbofan engine the only alternative for an unsanctioned foreign-made turbofan, today it's only the new Russian PD-8

Back
Top Bottom