What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Holy smokes!
LOL .

That doesn't begin to cover it :D

Iran has invested A LOT of money on its naval capabilities and its finally paying off .

Some SLCMs on board Be'sat Subs and we've got our First steps towards a Blue-water navy with their Second Strike Capability .

Gosh i can't stop saying it : Second Strike Capability Second Strike Capability Second Strike Capability Second Strike Capability Second Strike Capability

:lol:

Guys I still don't get it . Right one is a submarine launched ICBM . look at the smokes and compare it to the recent test Let's say be'sat , fateh and kilo submarines have the capability to launch missiles but this missile looks too big to be launched from them . I think torpedo tubes are smaller to be able to launch this one ( with side by side boosters )

Right : a submarine launched ICBM / Left : recent Slcm test
47b7f46c2dc9510aad4380c45a8abe799fe877ca (1).jpg

Holy smokes!
:drag:
snoop-dogg-done-smoking[1].jpg

47b7f46c2dc9510aad4380c45a8abe799fe877ca.jpg

Any ideas?
That's probably another camera . ( Not to be broadcast )

Guys I still don't get it . Right one is a submarine launched ICBM . look at the smokes and compare it to the recent test Let's say be'sat , fateh and kilo submarines have the capability to launch missiles but this missile looks too big to be launched from them . I think torpedo tubes are smaller to be able to launch this one ( with side by side boosters )

Right : a submarine launched ICBM / Left : recent Slcm test
Dadashi , Firstly , Boosters produce enormous amount of thrust for a short period of time . Hence , the huge smoke trail .

The smoke behind the missile can NOT in anyway suggest anything about missile's size . As you said , the amount of smoke is too freaking HUGE . Our missile is most probably bigger than Tomahawak SLCM , but probably not as big as Trident SLBM.

Be'sat is a big Sub . remember that they can also have submarines that are yet to be even introduced to the media . Fateh joined the IRIN without any ceremony and under complete silence . the same can be done about other Subs .

Also take External tubes into account . they can easily install external tubes on smaller subs like Fateh .

images

They increase the sonar signature but still , a good proposal for subs like Fateh . i think Be'sat can accommodate Internal tubes like a piece of cake .

That's probably another camera
Yeah , looks like a camera to me

That is sooooo true :lol: i mean i don't like illogical criticism but seriously , this one was right on target .

Its a shame . the Video about SLCM might be low quality intentionally , but what about the other ones ?

I think you dont know about video quality of ISRO and DRDO, there are no intentions. Still, video quality remain worst.

Some points:

Its possible that this is indeed a SLBM considering following facts:

1. It does not use a Tomahawk, Noor or supposedly Meshkat like mini trubofan/turbojet, for this the smoke is too heavy and one solid fuel booster would be sufficient instead of the two used.

2. I have never seen a video of the Soviet Granit missile being launched but even a Granit like missile would not produce that amount of smoke, this is not typical for a ram jet engine. However there is the possibility that missiles like the Granit use a special higher power ram jet propulsion in their acceleration phase. If anyone finds a video of a submarine launch of the Granit it would be great.

3. As it almost certainly employs a high thrust solid fuel engine beside its booster everything is hinting to a SLBM. There is no heavy AshM known to me that uses a soild fuel engine as this would drastically reduce its long range capability. It would be fast Mach 3-4+ at sea level but with a poor range.
This missile is big, if it would be smaller, such a solid fuel AshM would make sense as a shortrange supersonic AshM.

4. Because its certainly a big missile and most likely not a torpedo tube launched one, it needs a specialized launch platform

5. For testing proposes it is possible that a very depressed trajectory was flown, i.e to test its max-q performance. We have seen depressed trajectory in other ballistic missiles. Under operational conditions its not efficient in regards of range but depressed trajectories can be used to reduce the warning time, because the enemies radars will not be able to track it at long range as in ballistic trajectories.

This could be a very important development for Iran's deterrence capability.

Well, I think our kilo class submarines could be upgraded to project 877.besat class submarines will have also cruise missile capability.The question is whether IRGC would provide this system to IRIN, since kilo and besat are in service with IRIN.why did t IRGC made this weapon in the first place?

@500 So how much did you earned, today?
Our kilo is project 877ekm to s begin with . But yes there is an upgrade for project 877 that make it capable of firing missile.

Only some upgraded export model can fire missile our subs are not export model but surplus of Russian navy and are not capable of firing the missile.

By the way we ourselves overhauled and upgraded 2 of the kilo subs but I don't knew if we includex firing missile upgrade in the system or no .

The fire at the nose right after it exits the water is a hint that a ram-jet propulsion is used. It's not necessary to have a top protection with ordinary ballistic missiles or turbojet/-fan cruise missiles.

Its also a heavy missile unlike the RPK-7.
Either a Granit like ram-jet cruise missile or a SLBM imo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom