What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Can you elaborate the difference between an HGV and a hypersonic missile? Why HGV at all and what elements of the HGV are must haves?
for starter you can predict the path of a hyper-sonic missile or at least have a good understanding of the approximate area it will hit , for HGV you can't do that its like a hyper-sonic cruise missile

for starter you can predict the path of a hyper-sonic missile or at least have a good understanding of the approximate area it will hit , for HGV you can't do that its like a hyper-sonic cruise missile

So that characteristic is a must have for an HGV. Ergo the Iranian one should have that at minimum. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

So that characteristic is a must have for an HGV. Ergo the Iranian one should have that at minimum. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
don't knew what it have as it's not unveiled yet but they said it can change it's path inside the atmosphere and also outside of it that mean it has at least sort of thrust vectoring, i wonder if it use the new missile fuel that they were talking about last year , the one that they said is a gel not liquid or solid and its engine can be turned on and off like liquid fuel missiles and at the same time have high thrust and the capability to be stored inside the missile like solid fuel

There are media that announces that Iran's first hypersonic missile will be but that is false because the RAAD-500 is hyspersonic. But it seems that this new missile will be even more powerful with a longer range
I see RAAD -500 has hypersonic speed, but that might not make it an actual HGV, if it has same ballistic trajectory, then its def not an HGV, and on this, i thought the Khyber Shekan was actually Iran's 1st HGV, i think @drmeson helped us by providing useful information on it and other missiles.

Nothing can intercept Khyber Shekan i think.

3634182.jpg

Based on the released features of IRGC's HyperSonic Ballistic missile, it can be called a Gliding vehicle. The reason is manuvering in all the phases of launch with highest possible speed.

Americans and western media are denying IRGC's HGV achievement.

Sardar Hajizadeh is not known for making baseless claims, so sooner or later IRGC will unveil it. The general is the head of IRGC's aero-space forces and it would be a political suicide to deny his words right after his announcement.

My understanding is that Americans did it out of desperation. Previously, Americans tried to introduce Arabs and Israelis with an integrated airdefense network. They had prepared the needed ground to convince Arabs and make them pay for Israeli security. On the other hand the Arab alliance with Israel costs Arabs a lot. They have to pay for it.

After IRGC's announcement Americans were quick to comment on it which indicates that they are worried about Arab investment in the afforementioned joint airdefense network between Arabs and Israelis. That's why Americans make stupid comments.

Interesting counter arguments to @patarames' Twitter claims on B-373/SayyadB intercept feature of F-35s:

2 unbelievably huge announcements that have gone under the radar

Hypersonic missiles that will make western abms obsolete

And icbms. Or space launcher”. there is now very good reason to believe that Iran has, or is extremely close to having nukes aimed at continental US territory

The capability is there, its at best a poltical decision now.

I really hope Iran leaves the NPT.

Back
Top Bottom