What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

20230923_083036.jpg

^ 180 km range for such a small mini-AShCM is really impressive. It seems to be based off Heydar ALCM. A containerized version with foldable wings would easily fit in Nasir (CM-90) missile containers for Iran's missile speedboat fleet.

View attachment 955142
^ "Yemeni" Tankeel is a confirmation that AShBM variants of Zoheir do exist. We should expect EO/IIR (as Khalij-e Fars), PRH (as Hormuz-1) and ARH (as Hormuz-2) seeker options. A potent missile: Compact, light-weight, relatively low-cost, carbon composite motor casing, 500 km range, low-drag-optimized MaRV with anti-ship variants. As an ALBM it could achieve ranges of ~1500 km while having a smaller RCS than Kinzhal (smaller dimensions + MaRV) and having less than halve its weight, making it compatible with a wider range of aircraft.
If Ukraine had allies like Iran treats theirs. Their situation would be more favourable. Ukraine doesn't have allies, they are just being used.

@Deino
I don't think anything on that plane is Iranian, not even the tail number. I was hoping that it could give us a clue about what country it was originally made for and what squadron.

We should do a Poll to see if we will sell BMs to Russia (or trade) after the October UN missile export sanctions expire.

In many ways, no one in Iran cares about these sanctions and will export anyways, but the Russians might care which is why a trade for fighters/missiles has not gone through yet... just a guess.

We should do a Poll to see if we will sell BMs to Russia (or trade) after the October UN missile export sanctions expire.

In many ways, no one in Iran cares about these sanctions and will export anyways, but the Russians might care which is why a trade for fighters/missiles has not gone through yet... just a guess.

Iran exports must not be based on international sanctions, never ever. In fact, Iran must neglect international sanctions.

Iran must export anything to Russia, but with a valuable cost, never for free.

Russia must pay with SU-35s Iran supplies of shaheds. I don t see bad selling ballistic missiles of any kind and range, but with a heavy cost on Russia.

I see moderate for Iran this balance of trading:

- 100 shaheds equals 1 SU-35.
- 50 shaheds for 1 SU-35 if jet powered.

I’m confused, why are you assuming “ a trade for fighters/missiles has not gone through yet”?

I’m confused, why are you assuming “ a trade for fighters/missiles has not gone through yet”?
A transaction is not "gone through" until delivery of the product. Pen on paper is nice, but an agreement is done when the delivery is made and complete.

The delivery can be made but it can only be hidden for so long. Iran won't be able to hide Su-35's for long till it;s open source, and the moment Russia fires a Zolfiqar, they will be able to identify its flight characteristics to already existing telemetry data they have on Iranian BMs.

Iran exports must not be based on international sanctions, never ever. In fact, Iran must neglect international sanctions.

Iran must export anything to Russia, but with a valuable cost, never for free.

Russia must pay with SU-35s Iran supplies of shaheds. I don t see bad selling ballistic missiles of any kind and range, but with a heavy cost on Russia.

I see moderate for Iran this balance of trading:

- 100 shaheds equals 1 SU-35.
- 50 shaheds for 1 SU-35 if jet powered.
I don't think Russia will believe Shahed-131/136 would be sufficient for a trade, although it's quite apparent that Russia is learning or has already learned the manufacturing process and is constantly receiving components for assembling these drones themselves. So it looks like an agreement was made to supply finished units, tech transfer, and production license, including facility construction. This agreement would be worth a few hundred million for sure.

Add in a few hundred BMs from 300 - 700 km range, and you can easily trade these for 2 dozen Su-35's.

Back
Top Bottom