What's new

Iran's Revolutionary guards arrested

EvoluXon

Reaction score
Pakistani security forces have arrested 11 Iran's revolutionary guards while they were trying to infiltrate in to Pakistan near Chaghi border.Pakistani security forces also captured 2 vehicles from them investigation is going on.

What the hell is with Iran?????

Even though Pakistan has handed over Jindollah's head reggi's brother to Iran few months ago even then they are not trusting Pakistan.:hitwall:

source --- ARY news

Just came across this on BBC.
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Pakistan 'holds elite Iran force'

Pakistan 'holds elite Iran force'

Iran has blamed a Pakistani group for an attack on its Revolutionary Guards
Eleven members of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards force have been arrested in Pakistan after illegally entering the country, police there say.

They were detained in Mashkel near the Pakistan-Iran border, they added.

It comes eight days after a suicide bomb killed 42 people, among them six Revolutionary Guard commanders, in Iran's Sistan-Baluchistan province.

Iran said a Sunni militant group had launched the attack from Pakistan. Islamabad denied any involvement.

Pakistani officials said the 11 Revolutionary Guards arrested on Monday were being questioned. Two vehicles were also reportedly seized.

Last week, Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called on Pakistan to arrest the attackers, believed to belong to a group called Jundallah, or Soldiers of God.

Pakistan condemned the bombing and said it would co-operate in the search for those responsible.

But Pakistani foreign ministry spokesman Abdul Basit dismissed Iranian claims that Jundallah's leader was in Pakistan.

Tehran had previously accused the US of contributing to the attack. The US dismissed the accusation.

'Fighting oppression'

According to Iranian state media, one or more suicide bombers targeted the group of Revolutionary Guards leaders, who had arranged to meet tribal leaders in Iran's Pishin district close to the Pakistani border.

The deputy commander of the Guards' ground force and the Guards' chief provincial commander were among six officers killed. Dozens of people were injured.

Jundallah has previously been accused by Iran of terrorist activities in the province.

The province borders both Pakistan and Afghanistan, and has long been affected by smuggling, drug trafficking, banditry and kidnapping.

Jundallah, also known as the Popular Resistance Movement of Iran, says it is fighting against the political and religious oppression of the country's minority Sunni Muslims.

Local media cited officials as saying Jundallah had accepted responsibility for Sunday's bombing, though there was no direct claim from the group.

Just came across it as well. Can't find a national news source that confirms this, so I came looking for it here. I would really like more details before commenting, but I don't like this one bit.

Reports say that two Indian agents have also been arrested in the past 24-hours, but like I said, I'll wait for more details before commenting.

If the news were true, all those bastards should have been shot on the spot, y to arrest :disagree: and dont anyone reply me with a brother nation theory:angry:. damn our fluffy foreign police,because of which every puppy is ready to bite us:hitwall:

11 Iranian Revolutionary Guards and 2 Indians . Could this be the start of an Indo - Iranian invasion of Pakistan ? :what:
Sir, generally, I would appreciate the humor. But tread carefully, joking about a subject like this will earn you a lot of flame here. We can trade jokes later.

Edit
Eleven members of an elite force violating the territory of another sovereign nation is no joke. The ISPR/government must release more information, and must register a strong protest with Iran and the international community. It is time for our leadership to summon theirs and return the favor.

Sir, generally, I would appreciate the humor. But tread carefully, joking about a subject like this will earn you a lot of flame here. We can trade jokes later.

In another thread I suggested that unless the authorities can provide evidence that these people maliciously trespassed the border then there exists the possibility that they may have crossed over without bad intent. The news is rather vague at the moment and we have to accept a host of possibilities. Until then, with respect, I do not see the need for people to demand that they be shot or castrated etc. But my intent was not to flame or start a flame so apologies to anybody who is incessed by my post :cheers:

they must be interogated and Iran must answer this to the international community they say pak have no control how about this time. I dont what our media is doing why this is not out yet?

Eleven members of an elite force violating the territory of another sovereign nation is no joke. The ISPR/government must release more information, and must register a strong protest with Iran and the international community. It is time for our leadership to summon theirs and return the favor.

no need to record any protests,our protests have no value,just blow of their heads,next time they wont even think of misadventures,and certainly they were not comming here to enjoy a cup of tea with us:disagree: and doesnt seem that they crossed they border by mistake either, most of the times calculated moves are then switched over to mistakes when their a$$ gets traped.

good if they purposely crossed the border without our permission then they should be thrown in jail.

Further developments:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pakistan arrests 12 Iranians for illegal infiltration: officials

QUETTA: Authorities in Pakistan on Monday interrogated 12 Iranians who were arrested for illegally crossing the border with Iran, Pakistan officials said.

‘There are 12 Iranians who have been arrested along with two vehicles,’ Mohammad Akbar Durrani, home secretary of Balochistan, told AFP.

‘They are being interrogated,’ Durrani said, declining to give any details on the men's identities.

‘We informed the Foreign Office about the arrests,’ he added.

A border official said 11 Iranian Revolutionary Guards were arrested after they crossed the border into Pakistan, but he spoke on condition of anonymity and there was no other confirmation.

A paramilitary spokesman said only that ‘some Iranians’ who intruded four kilometres (2.4 miles) into Pakistani territory were arrested at Mashkail.

Al-Alam, the Iranian TV news channel, rejected reports that the men were Revolutionary Guards, and quoted an ‘informed source’ as saying negotiations were under way to secure the release of the men, who were border guards.

‘No Revolutionary Guards were arrested,’ Al-Alam quoted its source as saying.

‘A border patrol group (not Revolutionary Guards) were detained while chasing a vehicle which went into the Pakistani side. There is ongoing negotiation for their release.’

Iran says that those behind an October 18 attack that killed 42 people, including 15 members of its elite Revolutionary Guards, sneaked across the Pakistan border.

On Monday, Guards chief Mohammad Ali Jafari once again ramped up pressure on Islamabad to hand over Abdolmalek Rigi, the leader of the rebel group Jundallah (Soldiers of God) who Tehran says is based in Pakistan.

‘We are expecting this (Pakistani) government to cooperate with Iran in apprehending this guy (Rigi),’ he said, adding that Islamabad was under the ‘influence and pressure of America.’

Islamabad has strongly denied that the Jundallah attack was launched from its territory.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frankly, I do not see any credible evidence presented which proves them "Revolutionary Guards". Even the BBC report does not justify the Guards claim. They may well be border forces. Like I said, the ISPR/government must release more information.

Well, Pakistan could turn them over to the ISAF for a FREE Carribean vacation at Club Gitmo .....Seriously, at least they apparently surrendered to Pakistani forces without a shootout.

Iranian troops arrested inside Pakistan

By Adrian Blomfield, Middle East Correspondent
Published: 6:51PM GMT 26 Oct 2009

The exposure of what appeared to be a secret Iranian operation will further heighten tensions between the two countries. Relations have already been damaged after Iran claimed that a suicide bombing on its side of the border nine days ago was carried out by a militant group believed to have bases inside Pakistan.

The cover of Monday's mission was blown when Pakistani troops opened fire on two vehicles that had driven into the country from Iran. They later arrested 11 Iranian soldiers, including three officers believed to be from Iran's elite Revolutionary Guard.

Iran immediately sought to downplay the incident, claiming that the soldiers were border guards who had accidentally crossed into Pakistan while pursuing smugglers.

"It's a serious matter," a Pakistani security official was quoted as saying. "We are investigating why they crossed into our territory."

The bombings in Pishin were claimed by the Jundullah, a Sunni Muslim group that has carried out dozens of attacks in the region as part of its campaign to highlight what it claims is the marginalisation of Iran's Baluchi minority.

Iran was quick to suggest that Jundullah is received funding from Britain and the United States and logistical support from Pakistan's Intelligence Service.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iran's supreme leader, gave those allegations his backing on Monday when he claimed that "foreign agents" were behind terrorist attacks in Iraq, Pakistan and parts of his country in an attempt to create discord between Shia and Sunni Muslims.

"Perpetrators of terrorist and bloody moves are directly or indirectly linked to foreign agents," Iran's Press TV quoted him as saying.

It is unclear how Pakistan will react to the cross-border incident. Already facing accusations that it has provided sanctuary to militants from Afghanistan and India, the government of Asif Zardari, the Pakistani president, is keen not to alienate another neighbour.

Mr Zardari met Iran's interior minister in Islamabad at the weekend to discuss the bombing in Pishin and vowed to co-operate in capturing those involved in the attack.

Even so, he is likely to take a dim view of any unilateral Iranian action on Pakistani soil.

Iranian troops arrested inside Pakistan - Telegraph

well the latest news is they have been released as per the agreement between the two Govts.

So case closed.

well the latest news is they have been released as per the agreement between the two Govts.

So case closed.
Skywalker, sir, can you please confirm this with a credible source? I would hate for us to just "bend over" and hand them to the Iranians without the proper investigation and "hoopla" that such events deserve. Are we a sovereign nation or a free-for-all playground?

It makes a farce out of this:
Pakistan and Iran chalk out joint border control
"Pakistan and Iran have agreed to initiate joint border management to effectively control cross-border movement of terrorists, criminals and illegal immigrants."
-- Add to that, Iranian "border troops".

What ticks me off the most, however, is that I am yet to read a headline along the lines of what we saw after the suicide bombings in Sistan & Baluchistan. Headlines that go something like the following:

"Pakistani foreign minister summons Iranian ambassador to raise serious conern"
"Pakistani government registers strong protest against Iranian incursion"
"ISPR: Pakistan reserves full right to guard its borders by all means necessary"
"COAS: Border violations will not be tolerated"
"Pakistani interior minister meets Iranian president"

Now, imagine the headlines had this been Pakistani troops violating Irani borders.

If they are released, than we know Zardari is a lame duck president.
Zardari is not responsible for border security.

Last edited:
Skywalker, sir, can you please confirm this with a credible source? I would hate for us to just "bend over" and hand them to the Iranians without the proper investigation and "hoopla" that such events deserve. Are we a sovereign nation or a free-for-all playground?

If they are released, than we know Zardari is a lame duck president.

Back
Top Bottom