What's new

Is a strong dictatorship better than a weak democracy?

Tell that to China bhai.

Tell that to China

:lol:

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao: Democracy in China is 'inevitable' - The Telegraph

Dictatorship is bad because lacks any kind of checks and balances, since the "Dictator" rules the country for life, he never has to retire, and he has absolute power. Absolute power with one person, and he never ever has to step down (until the day he dies).

China's system is currently neither democracy or dictatorship. But rather a rule by one political party, in which no one person has absolute power, and EVERYONE has to step down eventually. Even Hu Jintao and Wen Jiabao themselves cannot break this rule, they have already stepped aside for the new leadership.

Personally, i think democracy is a bit overrated. As a pessimist, i think that the public has too many stupid people, and is too easily swayed. The leader should be based on competence, not the guy who can sweetalk or has that nice-guy face. This is ESPECIALLY important in developing countries with higher amounts of illiteracy or superstitions, but even in developed countries we end up electing guys like.......Bush......
W/e, people are too idealistic nowadays, damn college liberals

Political system is a means to an end, not an end in itself.
For developing country, I think stability and order is very important. You cannot develop if you have element disrupting the proper functioning of government and commerce.

What do you think?,we have already seen the democratic era of Pakistan and let me tell you it didnot go pretty well and as we are seeing during mushuraf`s reign we have achieved a lot our economy is on the right track , more jobs opportunities have been created for the local people several developement projects have already been completed other are under progress status of pakistan in the international community has gotten better and we are also attracting foreign investors so what do you is a strong dictatorship better then a weak democracy or not?

Yes.

Now all you have to do is find such guardian angels who will lead your country to prosperity.

As for Pak army, here is a hint. In last four years the number of innocent deaths from drone strikes has crossed several thousands (leave alone the causalities due to counterattack by different tribal groups). Pak army has raised a finger or two, I guess.

Oh I forgot, they are obeying orders from the elected government. Ya right.

What do you think?,we have already seen the democratic era of Pakistan and let me tell you it didnot go pretty well and as we are seeing during mushuraf`s reign we have achieved a lot our economy is on the right track , more jobs opportunities have been created for the local people several developement projects have already been completed other are under progress status of pakistan in the international community has gotten better and we are also attracting foreign investors so what do you is a strong dictatorship better then a weak democracy or not?

You have not seen any proper democratic era in Pakistan. In the history of Pakistan, there was never a time when a civilian government completed its full term, held elections and transferred power.

Baring all the challenges from inside and outside, China is an economy 4 times bigger than India and still growing twice as fast as most of it's neighbors. God must work mysteriously.

You should take time to read about the challenges China faces in its social structure.

democarsy is needed for strong federation of pakistan and to keep its different ethnic groups together.dictatorship is no system after a dictator dies natural or unnatural death there is a political instability in the country.after every dictatorship in pakistan more and more corrupt people came by using the veil of democrasy.so pakistan needs a continuty in democrasy so these corrupt so called democratic people are replaced by more efficient people.:whistle:

Back
Top Bottom