What's new

Is being Anti-Islam the same as Pro-Indian?

CZAR

Reaction score
Country
India
This question, of course, is in context of the perception that India enjoys in its immediate neighborhood.

I read a few articles on the recent tensions in Maldives, Bangladesh and Pakistan. In a number of these articles, the two terms "anti-islam" and "pro-indian" were used almost interchangeably.

So is being anti-islam the same as being pro-indian? What do you think?

This question, of course, is in context of the perception that India enjoys in its immediate neighborhood.

I read a few articles on the recent tensions in Maldives, Bangladesh and Pakistan. In a number of these articles, the two terms "anti-islam" and "pro-indian" were used almost interchangeably.

truth is in india anty Hindu is considered to be pro secular or asy forward thinkin ...am i worng what do you think

What a dumb question??

Religion has nothing to do for somebody to become Indian :cheers:

Appreciate your opinion. And I wish, religion and one's sense of national pride were exclusive of each other. But we all know how the situation is. But this has to do with India's domestic issues.

But, as mentioned in the first post, i am referring, to perception issues, NOT in India, but in our neighborhood.

Since those countries are Muslim, and politics and Islam tend to mix often, such narrative emerges from some people in small neighbors who consider India a party in their internal / external politics.

If you look at narratives from say Sri Lanka (Tamil angle), Nepal (Maoist angle) etc, they tend to focus on other things. Hardly our fault that these countries are small and we are big, small countries with big neighbors tend to be nervous. Look at China's small neighbors.

truth is in india anty Hindu is considered to be pro secular or asy forward thinkin ...am i worng what do you think

I agree to an extent, that on certain occasions the majority community has been made to bear an unfair burden. But that is in consonance with the spirit of tolerance that the community has displayed for hundreds of years to allow a unique mix of beliefs and people. These are cherished ideals which are being tested by communal, emasculated elements.

we have 17 crore muslims in our country. how can anti-islam be pro-indian ?

The questions is not in reference to how Indian Muslims feel, nor am I questioning their sense of patriotism.

The question I asked has more to do with the political discourse in Muslim dominated countries in our neighborhood like Bangladesh, Maldives and Pakistan.

What about the +100,000,000 Indian Muslims???? :hitwall:

Being Indian has nothing to do with religion, except for some hindutva loosers.

62932_602574416426199_828523123_n.jpg

The converse is usually true. Secular voices are smeared with an anti-Hindu label, however much Hindu they are. They are called anti-Hindu if they oppose the construction of a temple over a demolished mosque, if they ask to move a makeshift temple turned pilgrimage spot touching Charminar to some place where there is more space and where it does not come in the way of Charminar - even if this stance is based on rational principles of fairness and not having a hatred for Hinduism.

The questions is not in reference to how Indian Muslims feel, nor am I questioning their sense of patriotism.

The question I asked has more to do with the political discourse in Muslim dominated countries in our neighborhood like Bangladesh, Maldives and Pakistan.

Probably because they identify themselves as Muslims and us Hindu's. Muslims are anti Hindu I guess.

The converse is usually true. Secular voices are smeared with an anti-Hindu label, however much Hindu they are. They are called anti-Hindu if they oppose the construction of a temple over a demolished mosque, if they ask to move a makeshift temple turned pilgrimage spot touching Charminar to some place where there is more space and where it does not come in the way of Charminar - even if this stance is based on rational principles of fairness and not having a hatred for Hinduism.

that is a lame excuse that was ram temple there and baur the mughal as they call him made a mosque over it tell me how will muslims react if tommorow jews erect a senegouke over the kabba well ayodhya is the kabba of hinduism
tell me if a invader or a goon kills your fatherr and takes over your house where you were born in by force and after many years when your strong enof and snatch back your house from that criminal are you right or wrong the issue is not the temple but owr pride and every thing we fought for over the centuries its the idea behind the dushahra you celebrate hope you get my point SIR

we hindus are no pushovers now and we will retaliate and we will use force for what is owrs no one can take us as a weekling any more those who think hindus of 21st centuray are the same they used to intaract and bully some 65 years ago are in for a tremendous jolt its better for pakistan to mind its ways or else history will not be too kind to it

Back
Top Bottom