What's new

Is being Anti-Islam the same as Pro-Indian?

Nope, pre-1989 it was a local issue alone with no widespread belief universally about it being the sole Ram Janmabhoomi. There were other temples that claimed the same.

Saar the other name for babri was Masjid-i-Janmasthan. Yes JANMASTHAN. Some rival akhadas used to claim, but for the people it was the site of Babri and South was the only place that this issue spread to after 1989. North and West were aware of this issue even before 1989. And they held three-quarters of Hindu population. I cannot agree that this was a local issue except by local you include more than 60% of the Hindus in that.

I believe differently. I think economic liberalisation has changed India in as much that people have now seen the downside of the "appeasement" to Muslims ( actually only to the Ulema) because Muslims have disproportionately ( because of lack of education) been unable to join in the benefits that accrued to other Indians. So the old story of appeasement no longer has the same currency as before.

With the advent of internet people have on the contrary become more vocal about the appeasement policies. Nowadays people might not go out on the street as much as those days, but that does not by any stretch of imagination mean people have moved on. Infact contrary to western society, the liberalization and the emergence of middle class has only strenghthened the right wing idealogy and not weakened it.

One look at the mosques there will teach you differently. The violence of destruction is clearly evident in the structure itself.

In mathura even there is a board kept by ASI saying that a temple was demolished. Still it doesnt matter because the presence of a temple tempers people's feeling that they have not lost everything and they atleast have a temple in the nearby plot.

Saar the other name for babri was Masjid-i-Janmasthan. Yes JANMASTHAN. Some rival akhadas used to claim, but for the people it was the site of Babri and South was the only place that this issue spread to after 1989. North and West were aware of this issue even before 1989. And they held three-quarters of Hindu population. I cannot agree that this was a local issue except by local you include more than 60% of the Hindus in that.

I am not unaware of the history in this issue including the first known clashes. Does not make me change my view-point. It was low profile before the late 1980's and was not very high on the consciousness of most Hindus. Guess we can agree to disagree.

What about the +100,000,000 Indian Muslims???? :hitwall:

Being Indian has nothing to do with religion, except for some hindutva loosers.

62932_602574416426199_828523123_n.jpg
The question is about whether Being Anti Islamic, Pro Indian.? And it was clearly in the context of Neighbouring nations, not our domestic issues.. Why are you dragging Hinduism here ?? No Hindu leader is foul crying in India, but the so called Secularists are.. What more these secularists want from Hindus, should we go deaf and dumb..??
How many Hindu terrorists or RSS leaders arrested or convicted by court in the last three years..?
Do u Know how many Muslims are arrested and remanded in india for Anti National and terrorist connections..? Are we crying over this like you secularists do and are we dragging Islam behind every terrorist activity..? why this *** Burn over Hindusim??

Its interesting your brought in UP and 'Mandal'......and that is precisely the reason why BJP needs Ram Mandir.

Development is sufficient for BJP in Gujarat ....but development and 'anti-corruption' are not really vote catchers in the rest of India. Congress knows this....BJP knows it too.

UP has 80 seats ...and if BJP wants any chance to regain UP 'Ram Mandir' is the only way to go. It
s the only issue that can make both the lower caste and upper caste vote for BJP (..in short consolidate hindu votes). Corruption and Development are non issues in UP :P

The real trick for the BJP is to keeping keep the blow back of Ram Mandir politics to other states that is still influenced by congress 'secularism' i.e a divided hindu society and polarized religious minority.

It was never about development in Gujarat, it was about the molecular penetration of Gujarati society by the RSS and the indoctrination of a whole generation of the population. It has been pointed out time and again that there has been little additional development in Gujarat beyond the momentum of the previous reforms and of previous trajectories of growth. What the BJP has done is to add the gloss of incorruptibility - a questionable gloss, given the nefarious actions of some of its members - to an existing growth engine. And there is also the question that needs to be asked, that was asked of Railways Ministers who did very well: how much was their contribution, and how much due to their wisdom in leaving the bureaucrats alone to do their work? That is creditable, but that is not inherent in the ideology of any one party, it is something that speaks for the common sense of an individual. It could come just as easily from someone, any one, who did not think like Raja, that appointment to public office is an open invitation to pillage.

In the sub continent it is. Forget anti Islam, even a tinge of secularism will get you branded a RAW agent straight away.
Not sure where you heard that(May be in Pakistan/Bangladesh - Hasan Nisar being one example), but I never heard anyone using the term RAW agent as something derogatory(In India), infact ISI agent is used as a derogatory term and in most instances used against certain section of Indians...

Not sure where you heard that(May be in Pakistan/Bangladesh - Hasan Nisar being one example), but I never heard anyone using the term RAW agent as something derogatory(In India), infact ISI agent is used as a derogatory term and in most instances used against certain section of Indians...

Dude, you are quoting a 2 year old post! Anyways, if you read the OP you ll realise the context. I wasn't talking about India.

Dude, you are quoting a 2 year old post! Anyways, if you read the OP you ll realise the context. I wasn't talking about India.
Sorry about that... I did not check the date it was posted, it happened to be in the section of recent threads hence my post...

Back
Top Bottom