What's new

Is Chinese threat to India real?

Pakistan just loves to pitch India against China. An Indo-China war is dream come true for Pakistan.

But no such war will ever happen, India and China have much bigger ambitions in terms of economy and development. The stupid border rows do not require a full fledged war.

You ppl keep dreaming of an Indo-China war.:rofl:

No we are not living in this delusion that both China and India will ever go to war as both countries are economically ambitious but then you never know.:whistle:

no matter what they say or whine about, one thing is damn sure that indians are preparing themselves just for china, you don't need 7000km + missiles for pakistan.. All this tons of heavy weapons purchases from all over the world are just for china. And I don't think, chinese are sitting quite out there..

PS: God forbids war in Asia.

I am surprised that people have confusion about this....We have reached a stage where we no longer need to give Pakistan a priority...In fact if you look at the kind of acqusitions that we have done in last decade and the one's that are planned for coming decade you will see CHINA written all over it....

Having said it let me make one thing very clear that both Countries very well know that conflict will hurt their economies badly and are doing excellent job to keep things udner control....Having said it defence strategist always prepare for the worst scenario which is exactly what Indian strategists are doing....

I echo your worTo be very honest, we are not excatlly a race with China.

It may look like a race, but its all about your own strategic interest. This is looking like a race coz of similar ambitions and almost similar economy...We are following a rather realistic attitude visa vis an aggresive one.

In fact if you look at the kind of acqusitions that we have done in last decade and the one's that are planned for coming decade you will see CHINA written all over it....

It will be a little wrong when we will say CHINA will be written every where as our ambitions stretch beyond China, and we are competing with China for the time being....

I echo your worTo be very honest, we are not excatlly a race with China.

It may look like a race, but its all about your own strategic interest. This is looking like a race coz of similar ambitions and almost similar economy...We are following a rather realistic attitude visa vis an aggresive one.

It will be a little wrong when we will say CHINA will be written every where as our ambitions stretch beyond China, and we are competing with China for the time being....
:agree:
I second that,Whoever says that our strategic thinking and military build-up are Sino-centric needs to do more research.

What our country is seeking is a military with limited global capability.We have a huge Indian diaspora living in almost in every part of the world.In the event there is a crisis in any foreign nation
our military must be capable of evacuating Indian civilians and also providing them a safe passage home .Also at the same time be prepared for the worst case scenario where the hostile forces of that might open fire on our military and our military should be capable of engaging them at a limited scale so as to buy time for safe evacuation of our country men.

The best example i can give 2006 Lebanon war where the Indian navy evacuated Indian,Sri-Lankan and Nepalese nationals.(although only limited).

I don't think there is going to be any large scale war between nations any time soon.

Why should India be competing China? I don't understand the reason.

The point is India is not competing with China. Its only portrayed to be so e.g the article above.

I do agree that most people in India do feel China as a threat because its portrayed to be so. And yes to a certain extent true also.

Chinese youth and Indian youth are very similar in ambitions and approach...our education system is very similar...both of us are the two legendary civilizations of the world..China and India in 2050 will be what EU and America is today..if relations between Germany -Italy-US-Japan-UK can normalise India and China are in much better shape than these powers in 1940 and 1950s.Indo-China friendship will only strengthen with time.And has Pakistan will also be a modern rich state by 2050 with a GDP equal to present day India...things will be much better!!!

BY 2050
Pakistan GDP-$1,500 billion
India GDP-$22,000 billion
China GDP-$35,000 billion

I do agree that most people in India do feel China as a threat because its portrayed to be so. And yes to a certain extent true also.

See, apart from some borer skrimishes I dont see a full fledged war happening in future also.
See we have to look at two scenarios over here...

The real war and the proxy war.
Currently every country in the planet is fighting a proxy war with someone or other where strategic and personal interests are involved.
1. India and pakistan in proxy war.
2. China and India - some border issues and kind of proxy war....
3. US-China, US-Russia proxy war.
4. US and North Korea proxy war....

though the proxy war word is quite debatable here, what iam refering to is a scenario where every country on the 4 points mentioned above consider each other a threat.....

So its quite logical to think that if any of these 2 countries mentioned above go to a war ever?, then its a win for the other 2 countries...and the interesting fact is that every country knows it....

we are stitting on a politicaly, economically, and militarily the hottest bed on thsi planet, which is south east Asia, not to mention its strategic ties and influences on middle east.....

If any of these countries go to war, imagine how big the situation will be when every planner in the coutry knows that its quite volatile.....

i wont go to details.....Gone are those days when you will say China is a threat to India, today if China wants to take Arunachal pradesh by force, the retaliation from Indian side will be massive and "might" lead to a full scale war, which none of the countries can afford now....

Chinese youth and Indian youth are very similar in ambitions and approach...our education system is very similar...both of us are the two legendary civilizations of the world..China and India in 2050 will be what EU and America is today..if relations between Germany -Italy-US-Japan-UK can normalise India and China are in much better shape than these powers in 1940 and 1950s.Indo-China friendship will only strengthen with time.And has Pakistan will also be a modern rich state by 2050 with a GDP equal to present day India...things will be much better!!!

BY 2050
Pakistan GDP-$1,500 billion
India GDP-$22,000 billion
China GDP-$35,000 billion

this is not actual figures,i mean not happening,these r figures projected by IMF based on current growth rate,but the problem is as the economic size grow yr by yr and reaching a substantially bigger size it's growth plunge down

look at united states around 50 yr back they were also growing by same rate....but given the current size of their economy its hard for them to retain the same digits...they r now only growing at 3 %-and in term of % this may b very less than wht china and india is witnessing but if u look at amount it still very much bigger than both of nation

this is not actual figures,i mean not happening,these r figures projected by IMF based on current growth rate,but the problem is as the economic size grow yr by yr and reaching a substantially bigger size it's growth plunge down

look at united states around 50 yr back they were also growing by same rate....but given the current size of their economy its hard for them to retain the same digits...they r now only growing at 3 %-and in term of % this may b very less than wht china and india is witnessing but if u look at amount it still very much bigger than both of nation

US and China's annual growth in term of absolute dollar is about the same right now. The percentage is higher for China but the US dollar amount in growth is about the same between US and China.

Nither China nor Pakistan are Indias enemy........

If border & Kashmir issues are get resolved, people of three countires will live here with peace. People of both Pakistan and India never want a war only Gov's and miltaries.

There are many countries taking their own benefits in the tension of Pakistan and india.

And Yes, US have problems with China and they need a way to put China in a NUT as they did with USSR.

I like how delusion and hubris is building up .....just like the old times:D

Remeber the famous words of General Kaul???

....."that a few rounds fired at the Chinese would cause them to run away"

We all knew what happened in 1962, after these famous words:woot:

I like how delusion and hubris is building up .....just like the old times:D

Remeber the famous words of General Kaul???

We all knew what happened in 1962, after these famous words:woot:

And we too remember when Zia said," 1Pakistani equals 10 Indians and what happened after that".;);)
On a serious note Indo Sino war aint happening anytime soon except in some Pakistani fanboy dreams coz both have much more to lose than win in such a war.:smitten:

And we too remember when Zia said," 1Pakistani equals 10 Indians and what happened after that".;);)

No Idea, curious by the way.

On a serious note Indo Sino war aint happening anytime soon except in some Pakistani fanboy dreams coz both have much more to lose than win in such a war.:smitten:

Oh yeah!! That was the idea of Nehru also when he launched the "forward policy".... Chinese ain't do anything to non-aligned leader India.

Moreover Soviet and amreekis will be there, if that happen.:sniper:

Ah history, you never learn from it:police:

No we are not living in this delusion that both China and India will ever go to war as both countries are economically ambitious but then you never know.:whistle:
I am sure you do not have such delusions but some people have. Even some Indians are among them too. After reading posts of regular members everyday we can guess who thinks what.

India China economic relation is becoming stronger and it will continue to be so. It is for others to decide whether to go ahead with economic coperation with others or to stick with old issues.

India China economic relation is becoming stronger and it will continue to be so. It is for others to decide whether to go ahead with economic coperation with others or to stick with old issues.

Ah!!!, the days when hindi-chini bhai bhai was all the rage...:smitten::smitten:

Good times:wave:

Back
Top Bottom