What's new

Is Hinduism a true religion as per Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you also say that Christianity can be compared to AIDs. You mere intentions were totally to mock Islam as a disease.

AIDs is something that you dont have a choice with. Islam is a relgion that you either accept or deny. No one is forcing you to believe any thing. If you have enough guts you go and research by yourself.

In the future THINK before you post. Mocking a religion of a billions of people will get you no where.

I suggest and I know that you will, make sure that Hinduism or any other religion is not bashed here in letter or spirit,

Asim, not only does a pig eat it's own poop, or has no jugular veins, it's mostly about the uric acid.

Even though, quite a few people eat non-zabiha meat, the edible mammals don't retain their uric acid as much. Mostly, the uric acid is washed out in urine.

Pig, like humans, retains most of their uric acid. It doesn't do any harm to them, but harms the consumer of their meat.

Adux, I have a querry, no sarcarsm or offence intended.
Since you mentioned, and whole heartedly agreed, that there is only one, the rest were prophets, and over the years became bhagwans.

Now my question is, granted you are correct about hinduism, that the bhagwans were in fact prophets, please share your views why are the bhagwans (prophets) always depicted as half humans, e.g., Hanuman, Ginesh, or a god with multiple arms, etc.?

Con,

Welcome to Kerala, where no cows are safe....lol

09f89357bbdbfcdd025a73b196b7aa85.jpg

image taken from kerala tourism website...

Beef is sure the dish in kerala. I heard they even have it for breakfast with paratas!
Eating mallu food is the first criteria for heaven :D

Adux, I have a querry, no sarcarsm or offence intended.
Since you mentioned, and whole heartedly agreed, that there is only one, the rest were prophets, and over the years became bhagwans.

Now my question is, granted you are correct about hinduism, that the bhagwans were in fact prophets, please share your views why are the bhagwans (prophets) always depicted as half humans, e.g., Hanuman, Ginesh, or a god with multiple arms, etc.?

No offence taken, your question to be doesnt look like an offensive one..:)
I am the last person anyone should ask about religion. anyways here is my take

You have to understand that this is a religion that is twice as old as your's is. Lets us think how an individual would have thought at that point of time. What does multilple hands indicate, strength, God is strength. When people try to imagine their creator, they try to think of him in a very humanly form. Therefore a human look to it, people werent educated or enlightened enough to understand the gita. So they came up with their own little solutions to understand god, Its not the stone they worship, its the power the stone symboloize's. In some stories you hear "he fought like ten men"; give that in 1000BC, they would draw a picture of him with 20 arms. But it means something else. There are lot of people who take advantage of people's ignornace come up as godmen's. some people are just frauds, some people are good charitable people and has prophetic views, and there are called bhagwan's with respect. It doesnt mean that they are one,or they are above God. According to Hinduism God cannot be defined.

Animals and Men were more connected in the early times of evolution than today. Animals had an enormous effect both good and bad. Like today you call a Dog good; but a hyena evil. So, they should have had their reasons. Like Asim said, The cow provided the farmer man, everything he wanted. So it was revered. Hinduism is like a fable, which has a moral teaching in the end. Its 5000 years old, things will get changed and diluted or ommitted during those times. Basic tenets are usually the same in all religion; Be a good human being.

This is what i feel, dont even know how much of it really makes sense

Follow up question. If you do believe that they were Prophets, why is it impossible to believe that there are Prophets after them? Hence you all should've adopted, Judaism, Christianity and ultimately Islam?

we dont view that Hinduism is the only path to salvation, nor do we believe that middle eastern religions were derived from ours, so that we can actually do a conversion as a natural progression.
Why should it there be only one path to salvation, why not more; very religion is a different path to the same god I believe. Maybe Hindu's dont accept prophets such as jesus and mohammed as prohpets who adovcate thier path to salvation.

We have had prophets even after Muhamed, such as adi shankracharya, shir narayana guru; we pray to them, to reach out to the godliness in them not assuming that they are god.

Disclaimer: This is not my evangelical pitch, just want to know the reasoning behind it...

Is it a lack of knowledge of other religions, lack of interest, no belief in god?

Is it a lack of knowledge of other religions, lack of interest, no belief in god?

Are you telling me we have no belief in god, cuz we dont believe in path shown by islam. Lack of Interest or Other lack of knowledge; Why? when we think our religion provide us with everything we yearn for in guidance.

Asim, I'm a muslim, but follows it to the best of my ability, not a die hard, but believes firmly in it.

Logically, what is religion, or faith?
It's brainwashing, whatever our parents and other trusted ones convinced us to believe.

Example, if you were born in a Hindu family, I'm sure you'll be a hindu.
If Adux was born in a Christian family, he'd probably be wearing a cross on his neck, and behaves on Sundays. Similarly, if I was born in a Jewish family, I'd still be the same, just follow it to the best of my ability.

Shalom!

Here we go,

Now we got into idol worship is evil.....Its our way of worship Mir, we are pretty happy with it, you dont have to do it.
Read the above post that i made which shows real hinduism, that is one god and one power. Understand why people do worship using idols. Its not the stone they are worshipping, its the shape that signifies the meaning.

But even if you are happy with it, please think for a moment," Is it right ?
Can there be more then one God ?
Not going into depth, I will quote just one Small chapter (sura 112) of Holy Quran, the final revealation of Allah, The God Almighty:
Surah 112. The Unity, Sincerity, Oneness Of Allah

1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

4. And there is none like unto Him.

Yes it is right, have you seen the one God, no you havent.
So how do you know there is more than one god or not.
Ask Tom cruise he has another view point.
Islam is not the only path to god.It is one of them, if you are happy with.good for ya. I personally never want to be a muslim. I am happy with my pagan/Hindu terrorist religion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shehz, Asim, Dabong, and everybody else

The rant is not directed against you guys. It is just rant....

Shehz good post, already repped you.

Adu

So you admit that you'd be behaving on Sundays then?!!
Keep your word eh, :cheers:

Naaaa...me and sunday school...lol..My mom cant even make me go to the temple..lol

I repped ya cuz you had the greatness and capacity of mind, to understand the otherside of fence, as well as has a kind of attitude I like, My religion for me and yours for you. I dont see that much over here in the forum. except for few people.

Adu

Well why dont muslims eat pork? Whats the big deal, hell you dont let me also have that here in ME, except for in select hotels.

Why is the eating of pork forbidden in Islam?
Answer: The fact that consumption of pork is prohibited in Islam is well known. The following points explain various aspects of this prohibition:

1. Pork-prohibited in Qur’an
The Qur’an prohibits the consumption of pork in no less than 4 different places. Its prohibited in 2:173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115.

Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked a name other than that of Allah. [Al-Qur’an 5:3] The above verses of the Holy Qur’an are sufficient to satisfy a Muslim as to why pork is forbidden.

2. Pork prohibited in the BibleThe Christian is likely to be convinced by his religious scriptures. The Bible prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus and the swine, as he divideth the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you. Leviticus chapter 11 verse 7 and 8:

Pork is also prohibited in the book of Deuteronomy
And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass. Deuteronomy chapter 14 verse 8:

A similar prohibition is repeated in the book of Isaiah chapter 65 verse 2-5.

3. Consumption of pork causes several diseases
The other non-Muslims and atheists will agree only if convinced through reason, logic and science. Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various Helminthes, like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which in a layman’s terminology is called tapeworm. It harbours in the intestine and is very long. Its ova i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack and if it enters the eye it can cause blindness. If it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

Another dangerous helminthes is Taenia Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from

Taenia tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ovas present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

4. Pork has fat building materialPork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. It is not surprising that over 50% of Americans suffer from hypertension.

5. Pig is one of the filthiest animals on earthThe pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced. In the villages they don’t have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta is cleared by pigs.

Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are ****** by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbour’s excreta.

6. Pig is the most shameless animalThe pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. It feels no jealousy. And among people who consume pork, the practice of wife swapping and other forms of promiscuous behaviour is common.

Why is the eating of pork forbidden in Islam?
3. Consumption of pork causes several diseases
The other non-Muslims and atheists will agree only if convinced through reason, logic and science. Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various Helminthes, like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which in a layman’s terminology is called tapeworm. It harbours in the intestine and is very long. Its ova i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack and if it enters the eye it can cause blindness. If it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

Another dangerous helminthes is Taenia Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from

Taenia tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ovas present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

This point is no more valid, Pork is processed now, as FDA doctorines have forced all meat processors to abide.

The rest of your points are very valid, and of course, no matter how much you process meat, the Uric acid can't just dissapear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom