What's new

Is it possible to convert su-30 into stealth or semi stealth?

Defence Avionics Research Establishment (DARE)
Established 1986
Director Dr UK Revankar
Address P.O. Box #9366,
CV Raman Nagar,
Bangalore - 560 093,
Location Bangalore, Karnataka
Telephone 080-25347746
Operating Agency DRDO

wiki

What is relation between RCS and Stealth. if body(airframe material) is raddar absorbant what will be the difficulty regarding big/more RCS.

"solid state multy beam active barrage jammer"
what is this? any web or article.

A barage jammer means a jammer that can jam multiple radars at a time.Now by a 'solid state barrage jammer'I wanted to say the idea of using GaN solid state transmitters(which are heart of latest AESA radars)as the emitters of the jammer.This kind of jammers use Digital Radio Frequency Memori,can store the frequencies of various radars,can rectify multiple frequencies and emit the most suitable frequencies to jam the radars and in theory can jam multiple radars at a time.Example-ones used in the Silent Eagle.Hope this helped.
REGARDS....

Template:DRDO Laboratories
A
Advanced Numerical Research and Analysis Group
Aerial Delivery Research and Development Establishment
Aeronautical Development Establishment
Armament Research and Development Establishment
C
Center for Military Airworthiness and Certification
Centre for Airborne Systems
Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
Centre for Fire, Explosive and Environment Safety
Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment
D
Defence Avionics Research Establishment
Defence Bioengineering and Electromedical Laboratory
Defence Electronics Application Laboratory
Defence Food Research Laboratory D cont.
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology
Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences
Defence Institute of Psychological Research
Defence Materials and Stores Research and Development Establishment
Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory
Defence Research and Development Establishment
Defence Scientific Information and Documentation Centre
Defence Terrain Research Laboratory
Defence Electronics Research Laboratory
Drdo Armoured Ambulance
E
Electronics and Radar Development Establishment
G
Gas Turbine Research Establishment
H
High Energy Materials Research Laboratory
I
Instruments Research and Development Establishment L
Laser Science and Technology Centre
M
Microwave Tube Research and Development Center
N
Naval Materials Research Laboratory
Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory
Naval Science and Technological Laboratory
P
Proof and Experimental Establishment
R
Research and Development Establishment
S
Scientific Analysis Group
Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment
Solid State Physics Laboratory
T
Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory
V
Vehicle Research and Development Establishment

A barage jammer means a jammer that can jam multiple radars at a time.Now by a 'solid state barrage jammer'I wanted to say the idea of using GaN solid state transmitters(which are heart of latest AESA radars)as the emitters of the jammer.This kind of jammers use Digital Radio Frequency Memori,can store the frequencies of various radars,can rectify multiple frequencies and emit the most suitable frequencies to jam the radars and in theory can jam multiple radars at a time.Example-ones used in the Silent Eagle.Hope this helped.
REGARDS....

Thanks Buddy! This thread is dedicated completly to U. I post about barrage jammaer from wiki, but this is quite easy to understand.

My first query is still there why RCS important if stealth materials are available. ships are more bigger but stealthy.

what is dare and is India using the jammer which you mentioned ?
some links will be helpful

Very sorry mate,I don't have a computer in my hostel,using a mobile device.So can't semd the link.You can check for the thread started by ganimi kawa named'DRDO chief anual adresses to media'.There was many info regarding DRDO's development of GaN t/r modules for AESA radars and next generation jammers.
REGARDS....

Thanks Buddy! This thread is dedicated completly to U. I post about barrage jammaer from wiki, but this is quite easy to understand.

My first query is still there why RCS important if stealth materials are available. ships are more bigger but stealthy.

My pleasure mate.
Regarding the use of stealth material I will atfirst say that I am not an aeronautical engineer,even forgot the 'Barnouli's theorem'.So my knowledge regarding aircraft is limited.
The way i under stand it that no composite/RAM can absorbe 100 percent of incoming energy.Just like kevlar-it can absorb the energy of a bullet to a certain extent but not all.
So aircraft designers when making a stealth plane try to shape the body at angels so that the reflecting waves don't return to the radar.Their first efforts remain to delete the existance of corners as much as possible because corners help the waves to reflect back to the radar.Using this method a very effective mechanical radar jammer are made-the 'corner reflectors'.Now if you mount payloads externaly on a bodyframe it will create a lot of corners and the rcs will go up exponencialy.That's why despite of extencive use of composites and RAM 'stealth' fighters/bombers carry their payload in internaly.Hope this can help.For farther quary you can ask to Gambit.
REGARDS....

My pleasure mate.
Regarding the use of stealth material I will atfirst say that I am not an aeronautical engineer,even forgot the 'Barnouli's theorem'.So my knowledge regarding aircraft is limited.
The way i under stand it that no composite/RAM can absorbe 100 percent of incoming energy.Just like kevlar-it can absorb the energy of a bullet to a certain extent but not all.
So aircraft designers when making a stealth plane try to shape the body at angels so that the reflecting waves don't return to the radar.Their first efforts remain to delete the existance of corners as much as possible because corners help the waves to reflect back to the radar.Using this method a very effective mechanical radar jammer are made-the 'corner reflectors'.Now if you mount payloads externaly on a bodyframe it will create a lot of corners and the rcs will go up exponencialy.That's why despite of extencive use of composites and RAM 'stealth' fighters/bombers carry their payload in internaly.Hope this can help.For farther quary you can ask to Gambit.
REGARDS....

Tomay help korar jonno ami achi.
Bernouli's theorem states that in case of a small amount of an incompressible,non-viscous fluid flowing from one point to another in a streamlined flow,the sum total of velocity head,gravitional head and pressure head (kinetic energy+potential energy+pressure energy) is a constant quantity.
:enjoy:

Tomay help korar jonno ami achi.
Bernouli's theorem states that in case of a small amount of an incompressible,non-viscous fluid flowing from one point to another in a streamlined flow,the sum total of velocity head,gravitional head and pressure head (kinetic energy+potential energy+pressure energy) is a constant quantity.
:enjoy:

Thats funny..lol I used to hate the Bernoulli alot at my time... I guess not many engineers like fluid mechanics...:sick:

MKI if it went major airframe changes with Radar absorbment material and composites and had internal weapon bays it could be stealthy but one major con MKI has is a ugly RCS of 20 square meters but its Israeli/Indian ECM ECCM makes up for that

5860920696_23166e71fa_b.jpg

Untreated Canopy

Now the Treated one

5860920222_54f22e603c_b.jpg

Can we make out the difference , remember emmisions from canopy are one significant factor in frontal RCS .

Untreated Canopy

Now the Treated one

Can we make out the difference , remember emmisions from canopy are one significant factor in frontal RCS .

Hi Prateek -

Do you have any info abt T-50s canopy?..

It might be possible to reduce the SU-30's RCS though modifications similar to the F-15 Silent Eagle. But certainly not 'stealth'.

For aircraft to be 'stealthy', it has to be designed from scratch. More feasible to wait for the FGFA.

Untreated Canopy

Now the Treated one

One of the best post... :) thanks prateek... If I am not forgetting, I saw you on Orkut, (almost year ago)

Air-intakes has to be changed, canards has to be removed, horizontal stabilizers has to be inclined to coincide with the shadow region, stealth without internal weapon bay is laughable. And present Su-30MKI costs more than $100 million a piece, with all these upgrades Su-30MKIs will costs more than $180 million.

So is it economically viable when you have a stealth fighter jet around the corner?

Intakes can be worked, canards can be removed, stabilisers can be inclined.

Stealth without internal bay is not laughable . There are other solutions like external weapons pod like this Rafale drawing

raf3.jpg

Or like F-18 roadmap.

Super+Hornet+equipped+with+belly-mounted+IRST+sensor+and+enclosed+weapons-carriage+pod%252C+plus+overwing+conformal+fuel+tanks.jpg

Intakes can be worked, canards can be removed, stabilisers can be inclined.

Stealth without internal bay is not laughable . There are other solutions like external weapons pod like this Rafale drawing

Or like F-18 roadmap.

Super+Hornet+equipped+with+belly-mounted+IRST+sensor+and+enclosed+weapons-carriage+pod%252C+plus+overwing+conformal+fuel+tanks.jpg

Wow. I didn't know that they are working on an F-18 that way :D

But still, for an aircraft to be 'stealth', it has to designed from scratch.

Some of the key factors for the design of a stealth aircraft are:

-Shaping
-Coatings and absorbers
-High temperature coatings
-Component design
-Reducing infrared radiation

Addressing many of those factors require a completely new design. The modifications on the F-15 SE and this F-18 don't necessarily qualify as 'stealth'.

My opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom