What's new

Is there a possibility of a south asian union?

how soon will there be a south asian union?

• Total voters
Any union would be on Bharats terms currently and hence there will be no union.

if india does not want to hold a refrendrum in whole of kashmir fine atleast do it in muslim majority areas and also assure us you wont violate the indus water treaty which you currently are doing
Once kashmir issue is finished you can expect a union in no time
The only problem after that would be shiv sena and jamat ud dawa just neutralise them

Formation of South Asian Union will automatically resolve the Kashmir issue and not the otherway round. First understand why the South Asia disintegrated and what is the essence of Kashmir issue? It is the two-nation theory and ethnic superiority complex. Integration would mean that Jinnah and his theory was wrong and hence just to prove Jinnah right Pakistan will never let it happen. there is no desire for such integration in South Asia.

Formation of South Asian Union will automatically resolve the Kashmir issue and not the otherway round. First understand why the South Asia disintegrated and what is the essence of Kashmir issue? It is the two-nation theory and ethnic superiority complex. Integration would mean that Jinnah and his theory was wrong and hence just to prove Jinnah right Pakistan will never let it happen. there is no desire for such integration in South Asia.
it is a union of …..we will still be 2 different countries countries…so idk what you talking about.

There can only be union once the South Asians stop hating each others and start loving plus respecting each others.

South Asia is a giant 'lackey' market of the world......always trying to appease outsiders rather than helping or protecting each other.

m.m.? koon ve?

@Ravi Nair @Contrarian @Gautam @he-man @nair @Azlan Haider

your thoughts guys?

Never going to work realistically. Even if all issues are resolved, it will probably take decades to cool down lingering animosity on both sides.

And the method of using religio-nationalism is already taking root.

Religious animosity tends to be more acerbic than competition in terms of geography or resources.

@qamar1990 but the fruits of cooperation are actually substantial and can elevate a lot of South Asians out of poverty.

so the fighting doesn't make sense :(

There can only be union once the South Asians stop hating each others and start loving plus respecting each others.

South Asia is a giant 'lackey' market of the world......always trying to appease outsiders rather than helping or protecting each other.

Maybe we should have some conversations about the positives as well as the negatives as well. Interacting with a lot of Pakistanis, there are qualities about Pakistanis that I admire. :-)

Maybe we should have some conversations about the positives as well as the negatives as well. Interacting with a lot of Pakistanis, there are qualities about Pakistanis that I admire. :-)

We can of course....a model already exists which we can emulate...the EU.

We need a cultural evolution first because if the soil is bad...there is no use seeding a flower.

I would like to travel from Kabul to Dhaka by car without any fear or any worries whatsoever.

Last edited:
Before any south asian union, we should focus on better union of punjab, sindh, kpk, balochista, AJK and Gilgit-Baltistan. Have we already achieved it?

Before any south asian union, we should focus on better union of punjab, sindh, kpk, balochista, AJK and Gilgit-Baltistan. Have we already achieved it?
yeah we achieved that in 1947…. are there problems as far as the "union" goes???

yeah we achieved that in 1947…. are there problems as far as the "union" goes???

Yes it is weak as far as social integration is concerned, I have a feeling that punjab, kpk, AJK, gilgti-baltistan are well integrated to each other but sindh and balochistan are living in their own segregated world, we need to develop people to people contacts between northern and southern halves of the country.

Yes it is weak as far as social integration is concerned, I have a feeling that punjab, kpk, AJK, gilgti-baltistan are well integrated to each other but sindh and balochistan are living in their own segregated world, we need to develop people to people contacts between northern and southern halves of the country.
the only one that might be alienated perhaps is balochistan….

It is possible after, say, 2050 because by then per capita incomes of South Asia will be in the category of industrialized countries so there won't be too many migrations among our countries in an open border system. By then our governments might seriously consider a south Asian union for lasting peace.

not going to happen.i think this is impossible to form a south Asian union because INDIA too big w.r.t. rest of the countries in the regions .

your thoughts guys?
I wanna see a day when everyone in South Asia can go to any South Asian country without Visa. We can have a common currency like Euro. But hey, it just sounds like a wishful thinking, doesn't it?

Ha!

P.S.
Tell me frankly, can we stay a day without fighting each other?:D

Back
Top Bottom