What's new

Is this a IAF GAURAUD?

Abingdonboy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Hi, I found this pic (yes it has been posted before) and was wondering if this gut was a GARAUD, as at first glance he looks like a Para SF with maroon Beret and Airborne insignia on chest, but then I saw IAF (airforce) rank on his lapels. (to me looks like he's a flight Lt.) also his uniform looks different to the IA camo shown on the left.

arbb8_new.gif

I didn't know GARAUDS wore maroon berets, I thought they wore black ones.

rwt7p0.jpg

Hi, I found this pic (yes it has been posted before) and was wondering if this gut was a GARAUD, as at first glance he looks like a Para SF with maroon Beret and Airborne insignia on chest, but then I saw IAF (airforce) rank on his lapels. (to me looks like he's a flight Lt.) also his uniform looks different to the IA camo shown on the left.

arbb8_new.gif

rwt7p0.jpg

yes he is an officer..a commando of garud force..this pic was clicked this year during defence expo..he was chckng out the new indian made gun

Abingdonboy, Good catch!

But I don't think he belongs to IAF Garud because the colour of the camouflage is very different from Garud. Also a Garud doesn't have badge any on his lapels. Neither Garud holds any airborne insignia on chest. He must be from IA parachute regiment or other special forces. I am not sure about this, prateek and others can confirm this.

Garud...

64358517.jpg

dsc1132garud.jpg

dsc1138garud.jpg

http://*****************/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/iaf-garud-red-flag-s.jpg

IA parachute regiment...

india-republic-day-2009-1-26-3-33-18.jpg

hhjqj2.jpg

Check this out

The Garuds used to wear a black beret, instead of the traditional maroon beret of the other Indian Special Forces units, but now wear the maroon beret. They sport the operational paratroopers brevet on the right breast. The formation ensignia is worn on the left shoulder. The Garuds are also entitled to wear "IAF GARUD" titles on the sleeves.

Check the wiki link for Garud Commando Force

I didn't know we start a commando force for the airforce........ one positive thing about joining this forum :D

Abingdonboy, Good catch!

But I don't think he belongs to IAF Garud because the colour of the camouflage is very different from Garud. Also a Garud doesn't have badge any on his lapels. Neither Garud holds any airborne insignia on chest. He must be from IA parachute regiment or other special forces. I am not sure about this, prateek and others can confirm this.

Garud...

64358517.jpg

dsc1132garud.jpg

dsc1138garud.jpg

http://*****************/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/iaf-garud-red-flag-s.jpg

IA parachute regiment...

india-republic-day-2009-1-26-3-33-18.jpg

hhjqj2.jpg

:flame::flame:

yes he is an officer..a commando of garud force..this pic was clicked this year during defence expo..he was chckng out the new indian made gun

Abhishek . I think you are correct

Stripes probably indicate that only - Can't be IA parachute regiment

hahahahahha stil need link its 6 month old news i think when they go for exersize in USA two of them escape from camp. and there was a huge thread on it here. some 1 year old members remember may be.lolllllll

mil gya

Indian soldiers go missing in US

Two Indian soldiers who went to the United States with an Indian army contingent are reported missing.

Officials suspect they could be trying to enter the US illegally.
The Indian troops went to the US earlier this month for joint counter-terrorism exercises at Camp Pendleton in California.

Correspondents say that some Indian sportsmen have gone missing during the foreign tours. But it is rare for the soldiers to go missing.

It has emerged that the two soldiers went missing on 20 March, the last day of the exercises. Camp Pendleton is one of the largest marine corps bases in the US.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/10653-indian-soldiers-go-missing-us.html

hahahahahha stil need link its 6 month old news i think when they go for exersize in USA two of them escape from camp. and there was a huge thread on it here. some 1 year old members remember may be.lolllllll

Thats the whole point champ. They were not Garuds.

Your own post says they were army men. Then why mix them up with IAF special forces?

GB

Thats the whole point champ. They were not Garuds.

Your own post says they were army men. Then why mix them up with IAF special forces?

GB

chal koi baat nhi

it was in my mind somewere because they also go for AT exersize and these also looking AT force:Dmy bad:P

chal koi baat nhi

it was in my mind somewere because they also go for AT exersize and these also looking AT force:Dmy bad:P

Baat hain.

Someone came up with a query and you are ruining the thread for no reason.

Can I mix up the SSG's with Naval personnel of Pakistan?

Anyways reported both the posts of urs.

GB

Back
Top Bottom