What's new

Is this true?

SherwaniAK

New Recruit

Reaction score
Guys please find the truth. I found this on barat ratshat

Military in mufti as army becomes main target of suicide bombers

Quote:
Pakistani Army officers have been ordered to avoid wearing uniforms in public and to adopt civilian vehicle number plates as suicide bombers step up their attacks on the military.

Highly trained militants with machineguns and rocket launchers guard the approach to a seminary in Imam Dehri that is also Mr Fazlullah’s headquarters. Cocking his automatic rifle, a young fighter looked warily at the military helicopter hovering over the village, covered by fruit orchards, on the banks of Swat river.

The thunder of mortars fired by the government security forces on the surrounding mountain tops echoed through the valley. “We are not afraid of them. We will slaughter them if the government soldiers dare to attack us,” said Khalilullah, a burly man in his mid-twenties.

Maulana Sirajuddin, a deputy to Mr. Fazlullah, has given warning of more suicide attacks if the army operation is not stopped. “We will also use women bombers against the military installation,” he said.

Shelling started as he spoke to The Times in his hideout. He claimed to have 2,000 guerrillas ready to wage a protracted war. “They cannot defeat us,” he said as he rushed out to talk to his commanders.

It's no big deal even if it is true. It takes away the easy targets for bombers. For years we were not allowed to wear our uniforms in civvie st for security.

The reason for using civilian number plate vehicles or going to office without uniform is to avoid becoming targets.

As far as unrest in tribal areas or now swat is concerned I doubt it shall last for long. Few thousand armed people cannot take on a well-trained army comprising half a million. One thing which however needs to be done is to involve local tribal people against these armed people. Local Jirga should be asked to expel these people and army should assist them.

As far as bharat rakshak or other Indian media sources are concerned one should keep in mind that while reporting such incidents they add a particular angle to it downgrading the capabilities of Pakistan Armed Forces for reasons I think well known to every one.

Well it is easy to secure bases against this kind of thing really.....the British forces do it quite well. Frankly a good professional attitude and a good plan would prevent most kinds of base bombings.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But aren't the tribal areas really tightly knit communities? And if that is the case wouldn't they be able to spot anyone who doesn't belong there regardless of what uniform they are or aren't wearing?

Today geo was reporting that second to Maulana fazalullah is being killed in army action. If its ture all thumbs up to PA.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But aren't the tribal areas really tightly knit communities? And if that is the case wouldn't they be able to spot anyone who doesn't belong there regardless of what uniform they are or aren't wearing?

if it was true than it must be for setteled areas not triabal and Swat is much setteld area.

Today geo was reporting that second to Maulana fazalullah is being killed in army action. If its ture all thumbs up to PA.

Yes that is true and i would for continuing the operation till eleminating of Fazlullah.

I believe in strong Administeration if at this point government listened to them it would weaken the operation

well in quetta the army even wear uniform and work in the till of the shop so no big deal

Up to 70 militants killed in new Swat clashes

Thursday, November 01, 2007
ISLAMABAD: Pakistani security forces backed by gunship helicopters killed up to 70 militants in two days of clashes in a northwestern region, the army said Thursday quoting police and paramilitary sources.

A ceasefire broke down in the troubled Swat Valley on Wednesday and fresh fighting erupted early Thursday when militants loyal to a hardline pro-Taliban cleric attacked a security checkpost, the army said.

"Police and Frontier Constabulary sources have confirmed death of 60 to 70 miscreants," an army statement said. On Wednesday night officials gave a death toll of 20.

Top military spokesman Major General Waheed Arshad said that the latest round of fighting began at 4:30 am when the rebels attacked the checkpoint and law enforcement personnel responded with mortar and small arms fire.

"It is going on and helicopters are still engaged by law enforcing agencies," he said. The figures could not be confirmed independently.

Pakistan moved 2,500 troops into Swat last week to counter radical cleric Maulana Fazlullah, who is also known as "Mullah Radio" for his speeches on his private radio station, in which he calls for a holy war on the authorities.

He and his followers are pushing for the imposition of harsh Islamic Sharia law in the area, which formerly drew tourists from around the world to see its ancient Buddhist heritage.
A day after the deployment, 30 people were killed in a bomb attack on a paramilitary vehicle in the region.

The violence in Swat has fuelled fears of a spillover from the troubled tribal belt bordering Afghanistan, where 90,000 Pakistani troops are combating Al-Qaeda and Taliban militants.

IceCold;111054Pakistan moved 2 said:
Mullah Radio" for his speeches on his private radio station,[/U] in which he calls for a holy war on the authorities.

How the hell did he manage to get a radio station? What the **** were the authorities doing? We are known for our mishandling complicated issues likes these. What the **** was the need to go for a ceasefire? So that militants can pickup there dead bodies.

Morally it is correct to have a ceasefire so that dead bodies can be buried and injured taken care off. It is also a time for the authorities to reassess the situation and make necessary changes in the plans if required.

During present government’s tenure a lot of FM radio station licenses have been issued. Perhaps he got one using dubious identity or using someone else name or through a front man.

How the hell did he manage to get a radio station? What the **** were the authorities doing? We are known for our mishandling complicated issues likes these. What the **** was the need to go for a ceasefire? So that militants can pickup there dead bodies.

I remember reading about him in Dawn last year. I would look up the article but I'm a bit busy right now. Anyways, the local police had given him a warning to close his radio station after he promoted violence. He continued and so the police came and closed his station. But he moved it and started broadcasting from a hidden area. Since the police did not have advanced technology to find the source of the signal he was able to continue broadcasting for a long time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom