What's new

ISI's covert war wing: Directorate S

SipahSalar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Have been reading reviews about two time Pulitzer winning Steve Coll's recent book: "Directorate S: The C.I.A. and America's Secret Wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan"
He wrote the book after conducting 550 interviews over 10 years period.
In the book he says Directorate S is a covert war wing of ISI that is staffed by SSG veterens.

So do any of you guys have any inside information on Directorate S?

I do.
This is all BS just to sell a fcuking book. If CIA get born 300 time they still will not be able to know any thing about ISI. Any one who will claim that he knows about ISI is making the biggest BS story because agencies with billions of dollars of budget don't know a shit about them.

Have been reading reviews about two time Pulitzer winning Steve Coll's recent book: "Directorate S: The C.I.A. and America's Secret Wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan"
He wrote the book after conducting 550 interviews over 10 years period.
In the book he says Directorate S is a covert war wing of ISI that is staffed by SSG veterens.

Yes i actually for that very reason posted a book review of it few days back

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/amer...-disaster-in-afghanistan-and-pakistan.542672/

Its typical American propaganda shytt nothing else whose aim is to demonise isi and present it as some very criminal evil entity.

Last edited:
I just remembered, That guy from the rolling stones magazine who interviewed that general which ultimately cost him his life!

Anyway fresh 'raddi' has been written will make a great paper bag to carry namak paray in!

I just remembered, That guy from the rolling stones magazine who interviewed that general which ultimately cost him his life!

Anyway fresh 'raddi' has been written will make a great paper bag to carry namak paray in!

Lol namak para sellers using better paper than these books now a days.

Ah yeah. I remember reading this review earlier today.
Yes after reading the review i too had googled term directorate s all i foudn they were some wings in russiand and both american cia spy agencies . I dont know how he cooked if up for isi. But every intel agency has special ops wings etc i dont know why the author chose to make big deal out of it and had to link a fake name with it.

lies and bs in fancy cover by a fancy writer (winner of pulitzer award) to make it look credible...media is becoming a great tool to spread lies and manipulate people! they control the media they will spread lies and make isi or Pakistan epicenter of terrorism!

Which rolling stones guy can u give me some link thats intriguing

• SS Directorate
Mcomprises officers from Special services group [SSG]. It monitors the terrorist groups activities that operate against the state of Pakistan. The SS Directorate is comparable to that of The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) National Clandestine Service (NCS), and responsible for special operations against terrorists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-Services_Intelligence

Wiki mamoo has this on SS Directorate, what he is try to impress with, now a days search internet and write a book. He just added some masala in it.

cheap shots...

Ah yeah. I remember reading this review earlier today.
Also I recall reading that cia controls hollywood and themes of their films so i wouldnt be surprised if they are supporting authors to pen books that aid their cause and help in painting isi and paksitan in negative ways.
The excerpts from the book cited just in the review alone showed how immature this book is but for those trying to build narratives in west ,usa and europe such books are handy tools to create anti-xyz sentiments. Not that they ahvent demonized isi already but they just want to magnify it and make it seem very abominable and evil like how people in our part ot world think of illuminati.

Somehow they need to shift reponsibilities on isi too for their farcical failure in Afghanistanall for brainwashing masses. Usa hasnt failed in afghanistan it just wants to continue lingering their to keep both pak n iran in check.

I think he is talking about rolling stones interview of general mcchrystal, that ended up getting him fired, not costing him his life though as he suggests.

Its a interview of McChrystal which got him fired from his position and the guy who interviewed him died in mysterious circumstances.

YouTube it!

I think he is talking about rolling stones interview of general mcchrystal, that ended up getting him fired, not costing him his life though as he suggests.

No the guy who interviewed him. Michael Hastings was his name.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom