What's new

Islamabad Airport to be outsourced for 15 years: aviation minister

Does this finally mean that the pick up lane in Islamabad airport will no longer be reserved for faujis and bureaucrats and politicians and you can finally use it for it's goddamn purpose?

Does this finally mean that the drop off lane on the top level will finally be completely opened rather than being reserved for those who know someone?

I have complained about this from the PM portal, to someone in CAA, all the way up to DG ASF, but all of them say ham kuch nhn kar saktay.

This country is only for the rich.

I once got offered by some spoiled brat that he could get me through immigration quickly. He was like kyun zidd kar rahay ho, ajao bhai. I got annoyed and told him if I wanted to skip immigration I could have by myself, but I chose not to do so and off he went. He was sipping on wine the whole way, and took a bottle in his bag too. And voila, there was a black waistcoat waiting for him at the gate. And then what do you know, he was out in a white Land Cruiser.

Tell us straight, vo panj vakat ka namazi tha in the land cruiser, vo sari nafal bi partha tha, you skipped some that day, short cut mari. 🤣

Tell us straight, vo panj vakat ka namazi tha in the land cruiser, vo sari nafal bi partha tha, you skipped someone that day, short cut mari. 🤣

Nah, I want to say that he was a panch waqt ka namazi ka bacha, but it didn't look like it.

More like a civil agency or politician.

What are the chances Tamil managers hired by Qatari operators coming to Islamabad to teach the Pakistanis a thing or two about management and discipline.

As far as I know big Indian airports are also outsourced.
Yes. Almost all big airports are privatised to domestic operators.

This was done since AAI was running them earlier and it was total mess. The new private airports are world class and are geared for growth in the sector, which wasn’t possible with AAI handling them.

What are the chances Tamil managers hired by Qatari operators coming to Islamabad to teach the Pakistanis a thing or two about management and discipline.
Can be Tamil or any other language. Nothing wrong in it.

If I understand correctly, this is just outsourcing of operations, not divestment. The government continues to retain full ownership. This is not a good model for large assets. Outsourcing makes sense when it is for non critical operations. The intent should be to benefit from the operational expertise of vendors, at lower cost, and with the money saved you invest in expansion. Outsourcing core areas will not lead to much savings. Most of the benefits of efficiency will accrue to the vendors who have no incentive to invest in fixed assets. It is better to divest to a consortium of local and foreign corporations, and let them develop the airport

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom