What's new

Islamic Monuments in India - Whose Legacy?

Do Islamic monuments in India belong to Pakistani history?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well its in their lands so they are theirs, like they cant have their monuments present in pakistan, but yes they were built by muslim rulers so in this sense we can talk about them as our monuments.

@ Agnostic Muslim...Dude when u said u dont care about muslim history as much as u care about Pakistani history....this shows that there is a serious need on your side to re-learn history.
Pakistan is an ideological state like Israel and would never have been created without the muslim identity. There was no Israel on the map, only Asham (Jordan, Palestine, Syria)...it was carved cuz of an ideology and by a race of people.
In the context of this region, There were no Pakistani people before 47, it were the muslims who said we would make "LAND OF THE PURE" meaning "Pakistan". Today there are around 10-15 major-minor ethinicities in Pak, thus u can't claim pride on the base of an ethinicity as a Persian or Arab does cuz our country is at the cross-roads of South-Asia, Central Asia and Middle East, the regions today in our country were part of these various regions, even some analysts classify us in South Asia, some in central Asia and G8 nations and Bush Administration and now Obama administration call Afghanistan and Pakistan part of Greater Middle East to satisfy their political goals.
Thus we are a mixture of different generations and thus not all of us can lay this claim that our ancestors were in this part of the world thousands of years ago...some can claim while others can't cuz i repeat we are a mixture of ethnicities.

If u seperate muslim identity from Pakistani identity then i am sorry to say this would be the most misguided act ever and cost alot to this nation ...and it would surely be a lunatic thing to do.
Regards

Do some idiots think indian muslim history belongs to Pakistan?
I remember watching Khada kay liya where shaan trys to impress his girl friend by saying.. you know the taj mahal in India? We built it. I mean like WTF! Do Muslims even take pride in that monument?
In which part of Islam is it allowed to waist money and then kill those people who build it?

I'm sorry to blunder in like this, but wasn't Taj Mahal build before the brits came, and wasn't it in a time where Islam had a far reach. Since it dates back so far I think it's fair to take pride in it's construction. Yes there are many different cultures in the world, like in africa where they have the disgusting circumcission on women, and India where they used to bury female children alive.

I think icons build in an age or time where an empire had far reach is/should be considered everyones. Although to be honest I have no idea how that giant buddha statue was build in afghanistan or by whom.

I consider Sultan Ahmet in Istanbul to be a treasure for all muslims.

Do some idiots think indian muslim history belongs to Pakistan?

In which part of Islam is it allowed to waist money and then kill those people who build it?

But unfortunately it was built by a Muslim King. So its the part of Muslim history.

I say let it be a shared legacy of the whole sub continent. But yes all the countries who want to claim the legacy, should split the money involved in the upkeep of the monuments and share the revenue generated by the visitors?

:lol:

Of course its Indian, just like Hindu or other non muslim monuments in Pakistan are Pakistani (Moenjo daro or Harappa e.g.)

I dont know how much truth is in this site...
but its interesting to have some new knowledge regarding this..
just have a look at this site...
Taj Mahal: Was it a Vedic Temple?

It is a BS.............................The guy PN Oak is a fake, for people like hime Indians look stupid in the eyes of the world. Any person having little knowledge on different architecture style can say ...Taj is of Persian style..may be some Indian touch was their too...

BTW , search for PN Oak's book, he did claim Westminister Abbe as a Hindu temple :D

Those are the remnants of great empires of yore. Both India and Pakistan can lay claim to it. It's a shared legacy.

Same goes for non-islamic monuments and sites in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom