What's new

Istanbul is The Worlds Best Destination according to Trip Advisor

Three Empires controlled that city.

1. Imperium Romanum
2. Imperium Byzantium
3. Imperium Ottomanum

Constantinople or Istanbul is, literally, where the West meets East. Historically and Culturally, it is the common bond between the West and the Near East.
Not only controlled, it was also their Capital city.

@USAHawk785

As said Ankara is not much touristic I would suggest an Aegean tour, after you finish with Istanbul, move to Çanakkale with ferry, then follow the coastal road through Aegea, cool beaches, tons of historical cites, nature. stop at Antalya , from there you can go up and go to Cappadocia, or you can follow the coastal road and reach Antioch, from Antioch you can go up and visit Cappadocia, from there if you want you can visit Ankara.

Black sea region has great nature as well, probably best in Turkey, also has some cool sites, such as Surmela Monastery.
Sumela_monastery_in_province_of_Trabzon,_Turkey_view_from_the_road.JPG

Istanbul tops TripAdvisor for ‘world’s best destination’

jser_6748.jpg

Istanbul has topped the “Top 25 Destinations" list on TripAdvisor, the world's biggest travel website.

Rome, London, Beijing, Prague, Marrakech, and Paris followed Istanbul on the list, which is based on user comments and ratings.

The list ranks New York 12th, Barcelona 15th, Dubai 17th, Sydney 21st and San Francisco 24th.

Updated for a sixth time this year, it takes into account travel opinions published within the space of a year on touristic places, hotels, and restaurants.

Istanbul was 12th on the TripAdvisor's list in 2013

Istanbul tops TripAdvisor for ‘world’s best destination’ | Art & Culture | Worldbulletin News
Best Destinations in the World - Travelers' Choice Awards - TripAdvisor

Istanbul-Turkey14.jpg

Clint_Koehler.jpg

pixel.gif
Twierdza_Rumeli_Istambu%C5%82_RB1.jpg

Car_bed_kap_deu2.jpg

dsc_6147_med_grand_bazaar_vendor.jpg

8300610.jpg

i can only say :o: to this beauty :smitten::smitten:
I visited Ephesus (The Virgin Mary's house is located a few miles away from ephesus), I visited Konya, Cappadocia, Istanbul, Bursa. In cappadocia the landscape is amazing. You are allowed to go into the old houses freely, there is also an underground city that goes very deep into the earth.

These are the places I visited last summer. I wish I had seen more stuff. (this for example Caravanserais, Kervansarays, Cappadocia, Turkey)

efeso-23.jpg

ephesus_theater03.JPG

i visit the Ephesus too that was awesome :yahoo::smitten::smitten::smitten:

WTF to this fortification ! :o: , what army in Medieval can conquer this city ! it's impossible ! :undecided: two lines of wall ! and a small wall to stop siege tower reach the wall ! barely Ladder can reach the wall but they will face 2 line of archers ! in the first wall if they could clam up the there will be lines of infantry to repel the invaders while their archers shooting you ! :undecided: what army can take this city ! :unsure:

WTF to this fortification ! :o: , what army in Medieval can conquer this city ! it's impossible ! :undecided: two lines of wall ! and a small wall to stop siege tower reach the wall ! barely Ladder can reach the wall but they will face 2 line of archers ! in the first wall if they could clam up the there will be lines of infantry to repel the invaders while their archers shooting you ! :undecided: what army can take this city ! :unsure:

Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Verily, Constantinople shall be conquered, its commander shall be the best commander ever and his army shall be the best army ever.”

Kusatma_Zonaro.jpg

I m planning a visit to Istanbul. Its tentatively set for May, next month. I m waiting for a few things to finalize before I can go on a trip. I have been wishing to be there for quite some time. :)

Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Verily, Constantinople shall be conquered, its commander shall be the best commander ever and his army shall be the best army ever.”

Kusatma_Zonaro.jpg

Truly awe inspiring, this tale of Sultan Mohammed Fateh is! And a great painting indeed @Kaan

I just got back from Colombia one amazing country! best one I been to

I visited Ephesus (The Virgin Mary's house is located a few miles away from ephesus), I visited Konya, Cappadocia, Istanbul, Bursa. In cappadocia the landscape is amazing. You are allowed to go into the old houses freely, there is also an underground city that goes very deep into the earth.

These are the places I visited last summer. I wish I had seen more stuff. (this for example Caravanserais, Kervansarays, Cappadocia, Turkey)

efeso-23.jpg

ephesus_theater03.JPG

images.php_.jpeg

Awesome pictures, bro! Love it!

@USAHawk785

As said Ankara is not much touristic I would suggest an Aegean tour, after you finish with Istanbul, move to Çanakkale with ferry, then follow the coastal road through Aegea, cool beaches, tons of historical cites, nature. stop at Antalya , from there you can go up and go to Cappadocia, or you can follow the coastal road and reach Antioch, from Antioch you can go up and visit Cappadocia, from there if you want you can visit Ankara.

Black sea region has great nature as well, probably best in Turkey, also has some cool sites, such as Surmela Monastery.
Sumela_monastery_in_province_of_Trabzon,_Turkey_view_from_the_road.JPG

@Targon ,

Thank you very much for the recommendation! The pictures , im sure, don't do justice to the natural beauty!

An army that completely blockaded said city for months and had superior numerical advantage. Prior to the fall of Constantinople, the Imperial Army (Byzantine) had been reduced to mere territorial guards compared to the surging wage that was the Seljuks Turks! Practically all of Turkey was already lost to the Seljuks by then and Constantinople and minor vassal lands in present day Bulgaria remained under Byzantine rule, a vestige of Byzantium's former glory.

I will relegate 2 independent variables that contributed to the collapse of Byzantium:

a) Seljuk Power
b) The European Crusades (which harmed Byzantine possessions)

But that's a discussion for another topic. he he !

Last edited:
I just got back from Colombia one amazing country! best one I been to

I was in Bonaire and Aruba last month, @Yeti . There were a lot of Colombian and Venezuelan fems serving in the bars.

Man o man, can i say hot stuff? hahahaha. Gotta love them brown Latinas. :azn:

No thanks, i don't want to see a country that oppress Syria with Al Qaeda

Back
Top Bottom