What's new

It all Started with a Tweet by Wajahat Saeed Khan which was a flame bait... and then...Shit got real!!!

Summary: All is forgiven if IK is anointed amir-ul-momineen. The dream of many a fool before him, and one that will never happen. :D
So when are you going to have general elections where two-thirds of voters write "Bajwa tere jaan nisaar, be shumar - be shumar" onto ballets and IK suffers a humiliating defeat and has to beg selectors to annoint him amir-ul-momineen again? :D

“Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it!” General Colin Powell

So when are you going to have general elections where two-thirds of voters write "Bajwa tere jaan nisaar, be shumar - be shumar" onto ballets and IK suffers a humiliating defeat and has to beg selectors to annoint him amir-ul-momineen again? :D

The elections are legally bound to happen by next year. I am content to wait and see the results as they actually happen, not as we wish or fear they might happen.

Can we rename this thread to :

It all Started with a post by Irfan Baloch about his Tweet... and then...Shit got real!!!​

why?
because the establishment was not doing their bidding. not arresting and incarcerating people as they wanted and turned the table on them and because it was a fake shotgun wedding and all that patriotism and love was conditional.

now these "patriots" are wishing that atom bomb falls on this country.
You are right about the youth of the country expecting the institution they trust the most to stand on, what they view as, the side of Pakistan against those they view as anathema to Pakistan.

How you present that as only a trait of PTI supporters, as if supporters of other parties don't want the powerful military on their side, and are democracy loving, model citizens, is worrisome.

And might I remind you between His holiness the COAS not "doing their bidding. not arresting and incarcerating people as they wanted" and the present day acrimony, happened a little something colloquially referred to as regime change. That PTI supporters such as myself weren't happy but also not particularly miffed at the army/Bajwa for not helping in our evil designs until he the fateful events some 7 months ago.

I personally, was a huge Bajwa supporter (other than what he sent our soldiers out to, in balochistan). Thought the guy got picked on too much but was gentlemen enough to take it like a champ. Turns out he took it quietly, bcoz he was a p*ssy. The day (or even a few days before IK's govt went out), he unleashed hell on PTI supporters (whom you expect to perhaps garland him and the institution that enabled his unbridled savagery).

I gave him the benefit out the doubt right until the night IK went out.

The guy went out rubbing everything in with his last grand address to his subjects and you expect that people will just go about their business like it's over. It ain't over till there are free and fair elections. Let's have those, (free and fair, remember) and I assure you IK will remove all your complaints of wanting/needing to use the military for his designs.

The elections are legally bound to happen by next year. I am content to wait and see the results as they actually happen, not as we wish or fear they might happen.
I see. Plenty of time for a few more religious fanatics to get a little naughty. :)

Besides, we had this discussion a couple months ago as well, which you also conveniently shut down as we'll see what happens. anything we say right now is a hypothetical
As if we don't know what the results of free and fair elections would be and that both quaid-e-azam and the ghost of bhutto would jump into the corner of the beleagured PDM and they somehow win the elections.

Last edited:
you expect that people will just go about their business like it's over. It ain't over till there are free and fair elections. Let's have those, (free and fair, remember) and I assure you IK will remove all your complaints of wanting/needing to use the military for his designs.

Let me guess: the elections will be free and fair only if IK wins. If IK does not win, the elections will not be free and fair. :D

Let me guess: the elections will be free and fair only if IK wins. If IK does not win, the elections will not be free and fair. :D
Dodged again. But that's okay. I am not expecting anything else either. :D
One does not simply walk into Mordor, nor does one get a straight answer out of the VCheng, the chinese patwari (someone said that once, i thought it was funny af, sorry if that bothers you. not my choice. i have another choice word for you)

But coming back to your point, how about we replace the old clunky methods of voting and rely on modern technology, something that makes it difficult to rig the elections and is a step closer to free and fair elections, as done in the model western countries? Something like EVMs?

Besides, we had this discussion a couple months ago as well, which you also conveniently shut down as we'll see what happens. anything we say right now is a hypothetical
As if we don't know what the results of free and fair elections would be and that both quaid-e-azam and the ghost of bhutto would jump into the corner of the beleagured PDM and they somehow win the elections.

As I said above, let me guess: the elections will be free and fair only if IK wins. If IK does not win, the elections will not be free and fair. :D

But coming back to your point, how about we replace the old clunky methods of voting and rely on modern technology, something that makes it difficult to rig the elections and is a step closer to free and fair elections, as done in the model western countries? Something like EVMs?

I can agree with that improvement in the process. But one thing I can guarantee here: EVMs will never be enough for all parties to accept election results, no matter what. The problem is not the lack of EVMs, the problem is in the people.

Dude, IK has shown mind boggling patience and restraint against going after the institution of the army. He has not named Bajwa even. Just Faisal Naseer.

Now compare this to Nawazoo who named and shamed Bajwa by name. And Bajwa still brought his party back into power and helped Nawaz leave the country.

Forget all this, do you get that Bajwa very nearly had IK assassinated? And Arshad Sharif successfully so? And is very much responsible for the current state of our economy bringing back the chors into power?
but but but, why isn't IK telling his followers to adopt Buddhism and stop all the negativity and stop calling names when we abduct, strip or kill them and start singing Kumbaya?

Okay, they can self-immolate in protest so we have more tear gas per capita for the remaining ones, we'll grant them that. They can go ahead with that.

@Mangus Ortus Novem @SIPRA @Imran Khan

Madam noor jehan ka yeh putar hmy taqreeban 12 arb m para

Ab 12 arb vala putar hatti p to milnay sy rha :lol:
ویسے آپس کی بات ہے ہم کچھ زیادہ ہی چول قوم ہیں

جس طرح جدید دنیا مین بجلی پانی پولیس گیس ڈاک میڈیکل تعلیم کے بغیر نہین رہا جا سکتا اسی طرح ہر ملک کو دفاع کے لیے ایک فوج کی بھی ضرورت ہوتی ہے۔ لیکن تیسری دنیا کی عوام نے اپنی فوج کو بت بنا کر پوجنا شروع کر دیا ہے ۔ اب یہ حالت ہے کہ ہم 22 گریڈ کے اس آفیسر کے پیچھے اتنے پاگل ہو چکے کہ صدر وزیراعظم کو بھی یہ لوگ جوتی کی نوک پر رکھتے ہیں ۔ جب چاہا وزیر اعظم ہٹا دیا جب چاہا لگا دیا ۔ بندوق لی گئی تھی ہماری حفاظت کے لیے اسی سے ہمین ڈرا رہے ہیں /۔

I can agree with that improvement in the process. But one thing I can guarantee here: EVMs will never be enough for all parties to accept election results, no matter what.
Maybe not at first. It will get acceptance gradually, esp if we stop telling people made up things about how unsafe they are. Sure, every computer has a loophole. But, it'll take more than the ernest efforts of SHO ishaq and DC malik zulfiqar to rig them.

You'd be hard pressed to argue that anything is not better than we have right now.

The problem is not the lack of EVMs, the problem is in the people.
Too bad, there no solution for people. The tried and tested Danda has shown less efficacy this past few months as well.

To be fair, there is one solution for that. A bit far fetched, but my all time fav. Have you a minute to talk about our lord and saviour Thanos?

I mean thats what we pay them for. Its their duty. We are not always at war with india, why not to use all this manpower. The most fundamental obligation of any professional force is to protect lives of its employers (civilians ) the tax payers, the ones who pay for all of this.
Should have told him who controls the NDMA
And their incompetence caused lose of lives and property of civilians

The army fanboys have been selling lies for a long time

We don't have any ritual I am aware of. Even the sendoff of the ex-President is quite simple. After the swearing in and transfer of power at noon on the inauguration day, a U.S. Marines Helicopter will take him to Andrews Airforce base in Maryland and the ex-president goes home, for the last time, at government expense. The aircraft is not even called Air Force One.

As for the COAS, I am not aware of any tradition that makes it to TV news or newspapers/magazines. Most people are unaware of anyone below Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff. I didn't know who our COAS is. He is General James C. McConville.

USN and USAF are more prominent in States than Army.
Also, I think Pakistan is still influenced alot by British Military so looking at them might be a better comparison.

Maybe not at first. It will get acceptance gradually, esp if we stop telling people made up things about how unsafe they are. Sure, every computer has a loophole. But, it'll take more than the ernest efforts of SHO ishaq and DC malik zulfiqar to rig them.

You'd be hard pressed to argue that anything is not better than we have right now.

Too bad, there no solution for people. The tried and tested Danda has shown less efficacy this past few months as well.

To be fair, there is one solution for that. A bit far fetched, but my all time fav. Have you a minute to talk about our lord and saviour Thanos?

Just give it some time. I know my people. This too will all pass according to the well-worn script. :D

Back
Top Bottom