What's new

It is time to learn Chinese

The difference is Chinese have to work 7 days a week in Dubai for 2 years straight. While employees in other companies get 7 days pay for 6 days work (and even 5 days work in some companies ) your poor Chinese labour have to work 7 days for 7 day's pay. No offs and no holidays even on public holidays. Also they have to work 9 hours a day with no overtime. Thats pure exploitation of workers.

Also open your eyes to the real world. Its nice that you are now not denying that there are no Chinese manual workers in Dubai. Also kindly be informed that all of Indians don't work for Arabs directly. There are many Indian firms employing thousands of people...but it doesn't matter as nationalities tend to merge in Dubai except for Chinese who cannot fit in due to the language barrier.

There are VERY FEW Chinese in Dubai compared to Indians, and most of them are there either as business executives or as workers with gigantic state owned companies. They are also not manual laborers; nowhere does it say that. They are construction workers for a construction company in China. I don't know if you've seen what a Chinese construction site looks like. The "we built a skyscraper in 15 days" video is pretty accurate.

It's clean, organized, and highly mechanized.

Overseas, the workers sleep in their own compounds with private TV and private chefs. That is standard treatment for Chinese workers working with a big state owned company - just like they do in India.

This is nothing like the Indians who get their passports taken away and are forced to sleep in unventillated brick buildings.

Its simply uneconomical to use Chinese workers the way you use Indians. If you pay less than 6000 RMB per month, you can't attract even the poorest villagers to go overseas and sign up for a 2 year contract; but that's over 10000 USD. So you have to use them for more critical applications like technicians and managers.

Indians on the other hand make a few hundred USD per month (if that, see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indians_in_the_United_Arab_Emirates)

That makes it economical to use them as laborers.

There are VERY FEW Chinese in Dubai compared to Indians, and most of them are there either as business executives or as workers with gigantic state owned companies. They are also not manual laborers; nowhere does it say that. They are construction workers for a construction company in China. I don't know if you've seen what a Chinese construction site looks like. The "we built a skyscraper in 15 days" video is pretty accurate.

It's clean, organized, and highly mechanized.

Overseas, the workers sleep in their own compounds with private TV and private chefs. That is standard treatment for Chinese workers working with a big state owned company - just like they do in India.

This is nothing like the Indians who get their passports taken away and are forced to sleep in unventillated brick buildings.

Yeah whatever, your labourers are shamelessly exploited by Chinese companies and no amount of spin doctoring can hide that fact. Yes, I have been to construction sites and know how machinery operate but unlike Chinese no other nationality will work for more than 8 hours a day without overtime and demand extra OT for Friday/Holiday work. Also as far as accommodation goes I don't see any difference b/n the labour camps of Chinese & other companies. May be the 5 star labour camps that you mentioned may be situated deep inside the deserts :lol:.

Its simply uneconomical to use Chinese workers the way you use Indians. If you pay less than 6000 RMB per month, you can't attract even the poorest villagers to go overseas and sign up for a 2 year contract; but that's over 10000 USD. So you have to use them for more critical applications like technicians and managers.

Indians on the other hand make a few hundred USD per month (if that, see here: Indians in the United Arab Emirates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

That makes it economical to use them as laborers.

So who are the hundreds of Chinese that I saw being bused to and fro from their worksites & labour camps. They are surely not all technicians and managers.

Yeah whatever, your labourers are shamelessly exploited by Chinese companies and no amount of spin doctoring can hide that fact. Yes, I have been to construction sites and know how machinery operate but unlike Chinese no other nationality will work for more than 8 hours a day without overtime and demand extra OT for Friday/Holiday work. Also as far as accommodation goes I don't see any difference b/n the labour camps of Chinese & other companies. May be the 5 star labour camps that you mentioned may be situated deep inside the deserts :lol:.

So who are the hundreds of Chinese that I saw being bused to and fro from their worksites & labour camps. They are surely not all technicians and managers.

haha really?Do you know where your manholes came from?
Do you know where your manholes came from? | viz.

worse than that,India has much lower income rate and just look at the abyzmal working condition there.

Still commanding the most population on earth, learning Chinese will not help you more in communicating with the masses???

I never claimed that Hindi is popular but knowledge of Hindi , English, Spanish, French or Arabic will help you more in communicating with the masses when compared to the knowledge of Chinese.

Still commanding the most population on earth, learning Chinese will not help you more in communicating with the masses???

May be I got my post wrong. I should have mentioned nations.

Chinese (official language in 3 countries) VS English, French, Arabic or Spanish (official languages in 59,29,26,20 countries).You decide.
Even the Indian regional language Tamil is the official language of 3 countries.

but China is as big as Europe and soon will become the biggest economy in the world,Mandarin Chinese is the official language of 30 Chinese provinces,haha,each Chinese province is as big as an European country and with a bigger population.

but China is as big as Europe and soon will become the biggest economy in the world,Mandarin Chinese is the official language of 30 Chinese provinces,haha,each Chinese province is as big as an European country and with a bigger population.

But its one country. Why should I learn Chinese, when I can learn Spanish and travel 90% of the South/Central America. Chinese doesn't hold the charm of a multi-country language like English, Spanish, French etc.

Well this thread certainly got derailed. If we were to perform a post-mortem, it would be because the Indian nutjobs tried to claim that it's better to learn hindi so travellers in the Gulf can communicate with the imported slave automaton-laborers. An absurd argument, but it sucked up several pages worth of discussion. Lol.

According to the wikipedia 51% of dubai population is Indian, whereas it says nothing about Chinese population. Makes it hard to believe there's a massive spread of Chinese slavelabor in Dubai. Let's be honest Indians living in Dubai are being exploited this has been confirmed by multiple news sources.

Well this thread certainly got derailed. If we were to perform a post-mortem, it would be because the Indian nutjobs tried to claim that it's better to learn hindi so travellers in the Gulf can communicate with the imported slave automaton-laborers. An absurd argument, but it sucked up several pages worth of discussion. Lol.

Which also includes your brothers Pakistanis & Bangladeshis.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom