What's new

It is time to learn Chinese

Whats the benefit of learning Chinese? If its for communication purposes, I would rather learn Spanish and can travel 90% of South/Central America or learn French and visit majority of African countries or learn Arabic. Even knowledge of an Indian regional language like Malayalam or Hindi can help you a lot in Gulf countries when compared to Chinese.

I don't need Indian languages to communicate with the maids, taxi drivers and manual laborers in the Gulf. They understand when I throw a dollar bill at them.

^I don't think he was being malicious. Just mocking the pointlessness of learning random languages to communicate with imported slave laborers when travelling the Gulf.

Götterdämmerung;2713449 said:
Ask the Boards of Education of Germany (or Sweden, France, UK, etc.), ask the parents and ask the students ... and also ask the companies. Chinese speaking employees are highly sought after.
My German teacher was Chinese. She learned German and English in China. She could speak three languages BUT she could not write in Chinese! I wonder, then, if it's really useful to learn to write Chinese; perhaps just speaking it is enough?

I don't need Indian languages to communicate with the maids, taxi drivers and manual laborers in the Gulf. They understand when I throw a dollar bill at them.

Frustrated that the knowledge of Chinese don't get you far in this world. Even you have to troll in English. Also knowlege of hindi/Urdu is essential for communicating with your brothers, the Pakistanis.

^I don't think he was being malicious. Just mocking the pointlessness of learning random languages to communicate with imported slave laborers when travelling the Gulf.

He just mocked the working class and as for slave laborers, Chinese are also there in Gulf.

If you can be honest for one second, you should understand Chinese is one of the most popular ones now, clearly hindi is NOT.

Spanish's domination is due to its Hispanic population and demographic population in south and north america.

French and Italy are due to the past close relation between europe and u.s.

Chinese is due to the fact that Chinese and U.S. trade has become more and more important.

Frustrated that the knowledge of Chinese don't get you far in this world. Even you have to troll in English. Also knowlege of hindi/Urdu is essential for communicating with your brothers, the Pakistanis.

He just mocked the working class and as for slave laborers, Chinese are also there in Gulf.

If you can be honest for one second, you should understand Chinese is one of the most popular ones now, clearly hindi is NOT.

Spanish's domination is due to its Hispanic population and demographic population in south and north america.

French and Italy are due to the past close relation between europe and u.s.

Chinese is due to the fact that Chinese and U.S. trade has become more and more important.

I never claimed that Hindi is popular but knowledge of Hindi , English, Spanish, French or Arabic will help you more in communicating with the masses when compared to the knowledge of Chinese.

So that's how a self-styled "vanguard of the proletariat" treats the working class ...

Did that make you feel "powerful", Tycoon?

泥補事鐘過人!:rolleyes:

There are very few Chinese in the Gulf. Those who are there are businessmen. That's why Dubai is building a Chinatown for 18000 Chinese executives but not an Indiatown for the 5 million Indians. That's the relative degrees of importance of our people. Don't get mad at us, get mad at the Gulf Arabs... but you can't. You'd love to be able to get mad at the Gulf Arabs, but you cannot, as they already control you.

My German teacher was Chinese. She learned German and English in China. She could speak three languages BUT she could not write in Chinese! I wonder, then, if it's really useful to learn to write Chinese; perhaps just speaking it is enough?

Sure you did. I also know many Americans who graduated college and write English at a 3rd grade level. I guess they should stick to monkey noises.

There are very few Chinese in the Gulf. Those who are there are businessmen. That's why Dubai is building a Chinatown for 18000 Chinese executives but not an Indiatown for the 5 million Indians. That's the relative degrees of importance of our people. Don't get mad at us, get mad at the Gulf Arabs... but you can't. You'd love to be able to get mad at the Gulf Arabs, but you cannot, as they already control you.

Welcome to the real world. If yo have any chance visit the labour areas of Dubai. You can find vast labour camps of Chinese labours. Don't try to deny the obvious. Also Indians are not the only immigrants in Gulf. There are also your brothers Pakistanis. Also we don't need special China Towns, the whole of Gulf is India Town.

Welcome to the real world. If yo have any chance visit the labour areas of Dubai. You can find vast labour camps of Chinese labours. Don't try to deny the obvious. Also Indians are not the only immigrants in Gulf. There are also your brothers Pakistanis. Also we don't need special China Towns, the whole of Gulf is India Town.

Sure you can. Hope this doesn't sting:

United Arab Emirates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2010, the UAE's population was estimated at 8,264,070,[4] of whom fewer than 20% were UAE nationals or Emiratis,[85] while the majority of the population were expatriates.[86] The country's net migration rate stands at 21.71, the world's highest.[87]
23% of the population are non-Emirati Arabs and Iranians and the majority of the population, about 50%, is from India.[3] Approximately 1.75 million Indian nationals reside in the UAE, making them the single largest expatriate community in the country. By 2020, Emiratis are projected to form only 10% of the population.[citation needed] There is also a growing presence of Europeans especially in multi-cultural cities such as Dubai [88] Those from other parts of Asia (including the Philippines, Iran or Sri Lanka) comprised up to 1 million people. The rest of the population were from other Arab states.[3][89]

20% Emirati + 23% other Arab + Iranians + 50% South/Southeast Asians. Only 7% are "other" - white and East Asian.

Don't think we're like you. We're not like you. We are never like you. We are Chinese, you are Indian.

Expatriates in the United Arab Emirates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many Chinese expatriates hail from the Wenzhou region; they are mostly businessmen and merchants who run hundreds of commodity shops.

The millions of chinese labourers carted to the US and other countries to work as menial labourers could not influence their language in their masters country, so what chance is there of that happening now.

The millions of chinese labourers carted to the US and other countries to work as menial labourers could not influence their language in their masters country, so what chance is there of that happening now.

Thank you. That was 19th century. India can only compare to 19th century China. It is similar in alot of ways.

Take a look around Malaysia and Singapore. They are descendants of these menial laborers.

Now I'll be sure that in the Gulf, in 100 years, Indian languages will still not be useful.

Thank you. That was 19th century. India can only compare to 19th century China. It is similar in alot of ways.

Take a look around Malaysia and Singapore. They are descendants of these menial laborers.

Now I'll be sure that in the Gulf, in 100 years, Indian languages will still not be useful.

Come on your labourers still work in africa/ cuba/ Romania even India, my point is the influencing part that failed. You were the first Asians to land in the US to work in the mines and the railroads, but your influence on the US society is minimal. The Africans did much better than you. Their language, dressing, songs, food(ok chinese food is famous as well) is a part of US culture now, so is the Mexican and the Cuban but not as much chinese.

Back
Top Bottom