What's new

Italy didn't see it coming

I doubt that the trust is still on the same level before they announced that the marines wont come back.

but let us take it on the positive side, that they accepted the strong appeal and what ever caused them to return shows only a gesture if not good will one. If they were ready for not returning the marines, they would have not returned it by any chance.

:lol: Fck you Krait.

Anyway I commend India, ya really showed diplomatic gall by detaining their diplomat and everything but my question for you krait is did the congress government only act because of the huge public backlash along with the elections on the horizon?? Or is this going to be the time when 100 years from now people will look back and say, "this was the moment India realized its true potential"??

The public backlash was there but more than the public component was the involvement of the Supreme Court of India. ANy govt. be it cunt-gress or the BJP can't do **** when it comes to aPex court having it's way..

An example..
The supreme Court wanted CNG in New Delhi to be implemented in 10 years. The order was passed in 89 i think.. u know what was the state after those 10 years ? probably maybe 2 CNG filling stations were there in entire Delhi.. inspite of widespread chaos and burning of govt.property and total paralysis of the road communication of the capital city due to strikes and whatnot, Supreme Court didnt budge.. and finally agreed to give an year extension to Delhi Govt. The result we all can see.. hundreds of CNG filling stations came up overnight... even the entire delhi transporters association which has a considerable pull with Delhi Govt couldn't do anything other than switching to CNG

i oppose indian national interests at every turn but i respect india as a constituted sovereign state, which is why i hail this huge diplomatic and moral victory for india. those pasta-eating meditteranean pigs need to know their place in the world

I don't think Italy would have been internationally isolated, EU, US both support Italy. Also are the Italian Marines back in India what is their sentence?

I don't think Italy would have been internationally isolated, EU, US both support Italy. Also are the Italian Marines back in India what is their sentence?
Just think of economics and large Indian market for foreign products.

Rest you can deduce that. For 2 soldiers, they can't ruin their relations with India.

A JR TT can't be bothered to do a Google search? They are going back to India for TRAIL they are innocent until proven guilty and as such have no sentence as of yet.

+where was the EU and US in this case? The EU refused to make any statement on this issue one way or the other and the US hasn't uttered a word, what kind of support is this?

End result- Marines are back on Indian soil.

anything but not death sentence.

A JR TT can't be bothered to do a Google search? They are going back to India for TRAIL they are innocent until proven guilty and as such have no sentence as of yet.

+where was the EU and US in this case? The EU refused to make any statement on this issue one way or the other and the US hasn't uttered a word, what kind of support is this?

End result- Marines are back on Indian soil.

A JR TT can't be bothered to do a Google search?

No I can't always, that's why we have you guys here to do these menial tasks, besides it's your country's affair it's practically your duty to report on it when asked here.

Good day to you.

@arp2041 Where are you ? Time to laugh at people who were laughing at us that day. :D

But I leave them. They can't say a word.

still laughing at you guys italy got what they wanted, they negoiate a no death senctence for the return of those sailors think about it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
still laughing at you guys italy got what they wanted, they negoiate a no death senctence for the return of those sailors think about it ?

You earlier ranting on how italy fooled you and now on this :omghaha:

Even before ,those marines could not get death sentence as they did not kill sailor with any intention.

I think we should see it as a healthy relation with Italy for keeping the promise, does not matter they went somewhere wrong on path and little pressure was to be built. But everything should be done to extend the relations for strategic partnership. At least the trust is maintained.

Moreover it should be seen as a success of Indian foreign policy again, or did anybody really believed we could have put that much pressure on the over political backchannels? Shows what India is capable of and that by playing it cool, without barking around in the media or threatenting with military might.

but my question for you krait is did the congress government only act because of the huge public backlash along with the elections on the horizon??

It had nothing to do with both, but with the fact that the Supreme Court was majorly pissed, since the Italian officials made promises to them in first place, not to our politicians and not standing to what they promised was a direct offense to them, which needed also direct reactions.
I think any Indian government, no matter which party would have reacted in a similar way to this issue, since it was an offence against India and it's institutions and had nothing to do with party politics as in other cases.
And keep in mind that Italy is not a small unimportant country in Europe, I didn't expected this and especially not so fast, which shows how much work must have been done behind the scence. I bet we had pushed hard towards the US, FRA, GER and UK to achieve this and it worked.

Its very sad that india managed to get this issue a big time... 2 kerala fisherman big protest by India and total of 517+ TN fishermen and no Indian govern give a Sh!t about it?

@peep @sancho

Yes Italy is no pushover so India should be commended for displaying such diplomatic clout. I was one of those who thought India got trolled and showed its weakness on the international stage but I stand corrected. As for the internal politics behind it, I will abstain to your conclusions as you know the inner workings of Indian politics better than I.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom