What's new

J-10B Enters Service in PLAAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The J-10 was first flown on 22 March 1998, with six prototypes produced for flight tests. Six production examples in the single-seat fighter variant were delivered to the PLAAF Flight Test & Training Base / 13th Test Regiment at Cangzhou Airbase for operational test and evaluation in March 2003. The aircraft was certified for design finalisation in early 2004. The first operational J-10 fighter unit was activated in the PLAAF 44th Air Division / 132nd Fighter Regiment based at Luliang Airbase in the southern Yuannan Province in July 2004. The two-seater J-10S first flew in December 2003 and was certified in 2005.

This is the J10B. So yeah.. pointless.

i think srilankan has assumed the 'entering active service' part just by seing the 1031 serial number with grey camo in the latest pics --- paf wouldnt have given the timespan of 2013 if it was already into mass production and meeting paf requirements [and dont bring finances into it , paf always manages finances be it awacs/ blk52s etc]

We'll probably see J-10B in PLAAF service before PAF, which might be why the PAF quoted 2013 as a date.

There'd be more Chinese blogs spamming this if it were genuine. You guys can't possibly get AESA mass produced before Russia.

Wow. I assume with the arrival of the J10B it is the new top dog of the PLAAF? Or does the MKK still hold superiority?

Su-30MKK never held superiority. It was only a sidekick for the JH-7A.

Until the introduction of the J-10B, the 4.5-generation J-11B was an air superiority fighter.

Now, the J-10B and J-11B/S will be the air superiority fighters, until the stealthier jets come into service.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

What technoligical changes does it have

DSI intakes
IRST
AESA radar
RAM coating
Upgraded sensors
New avionics
New cockpit
TVC engine

Su-30MKK never held superiority. It was only a sidekick for the JH-7A.

Until the introduction of the J-10B, the 4.5-generation J-11B was an air superiority fighter.

Now, the J-10B and J-11B/S will be the air superiority fighters, until the stealthier jets come into service.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

DSI intakes
IRST
AESA radar
RAM coating
Upgraded sensors
New avionics
New cockpit
TVC engine

J-11BS is a bomber I think, just like the F-15E is a bomber. Air superiority planes usually don't need 2 seats, the 2 seaters are because for bombers there needs to be 1 pilot and 1 weapons manager.

J-11BS is a bomber I think, just like the F-15E is a bomber. Air superiority planes usually don't need 2 seats, the 2 seaters are because for bombers there needs to be 1 pilot and 1 weapons manager.

They are strike fighters but can still hold air superiority roles.

It's either a trainer, a strike fighter like F-15K, or both.

J-11B itself is already more oriented towards the strike role, so it's my guess that the J-11BS will be a heavy strike fighter-trainer, with performance approaching the F-15K Slam Eagle.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

They are strike fighters but can still hold air superiority roles.

Correct. Hence the term "multirole".

It irks me seeing 90% of newer generation Chinese fighter powered by IMPORTED (not even license-built) Russian engines. Makes me want to shoot the entire WS-10 R&D team.

i really want to see J-10 future variants are going to be in service of chinese aircraft carriers, J-15 is way too big for limited deck spaces.

It irks me seeing 90% of newer generation Chinese fighter powered by IMPORTED (not even license-built) Russian engines. Makes me want to shoot the entire WS-10 R&D team.

If you shoot them all, there never will be a complete WS-10 production facility...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom