What's new

J-10s for PAF

F22 Raptor is Invincible coz of its stealth, extremely powerful engine, awesome avionics, vector-thrust maneuverability, and the est arsenal in American inventory, including BVR missiles. Maybe it has some excellent EW, CEW and CCEW equiptment, which disables enemy aircraft and incoming missiles, and so there is no competition.

Maybe in 10 years China, Russia or France will built something to counter it, like an S-500 anti-stealth-aircraft missile... :D You never know...

:cheesy:

Sure an aircraft made in a 3rd world country (no offence meant )can take on the Raptor. Please spend the money on more pressing issues.

:coffee:

The Americans should also spend the money on more pressing issues like feeding its homeless population instead of building F-22s. I'm pretty sure you are not going to tell that to the Americans so don't tell that to us, we know this old "spend on more pressing issue" song.

F-22 is decade ahead in Avionics and Aerodynamics from What ever available from any where in the world including US Aircraft manufacturers..

:tup:I, GUSS whatever..., it takes , but one should clear his or her mind that f-22 raptor isnt the only 1 war winining weapon in US inventry, or raptor 22 cant be taken down in a dog fight.

pakistan need fresh hi-tech combat airfighter other than f-16s,for that reason j-10 is the best near future option and we need j-10 in numbers, i mean 200 or 300. it will bring our f-16s in full attack position which will make them more special???:agree:

The Americans should also spend the money on more pressing issues like feeding its homeless population instead of building F-22s. I'm pretty sure you are not going to tell that to the Americans so don't tell that to us, we know this old "spend on more pressing issue" song.

A very remarkable advice comming from the country (bangladesh) which ranks first in hunger, poverty, disease etc next to Africa. Will pass it on to Bush when I meet him next. Meanwhile please check how much your country gets aid from USA before advicing them or me.

US homeless are probably better fed than most so don't bother USA will survive.

Regards

probably a mid-level f-16.

Su its already in the same league as a mid-level F-16. At its current stage it is equalvent to a block-40 F-16 and with western avonics, it is not hard to imagine that it can reach the block-60 category specially if an AESA radar is made available and china is working hard for the development of an indengious AESA radar. The only reason pakistan probally delayed acquiring the jet a couple of years was that PAF is still watching as the development takes place in the J-10.
So IMO i guess it is safe to assume that the J-10s that we will get will fall in the same category as that of a block-60 F-16 and will form the backbone of the future PAF.

That seems like an honest assesment :) hopefully we can induct the j-10's by 2010.

Dream on my friend dream on.

:victory:

:cheers:

I will dream on whether you like it or not for the food that I take does not come from the land of the bigots, that much I know. As far as the hungry people of Bangladesh are concerned there won't be any hunger the day the international robbers' union or the World Bank and the IMF are kicked out of this country. Regarding the homeless issue I have seen first hand just how well fed the US homeless are. It's a shame that a country that can afford to spend trillion dollars to wage wars has homeless people in it. Besides, it has war criminals like Tony Blair as its counsellors so I'm not at all surprised. What is really mind bogling is when words of wisdom emanates from the land of the bigots that is also known as the UK:cheesy:.

Pakistan should vigorously pursue the stealth technology. China has already mastered it to some extent and its Stealth Bomber project H-8 is the latest proof of that. It does not have to be as good as the US stealth tech as long as it works. It needs a beginning and we have to have faith in ourselves that's all.:wave:

I think f-22 raptor can be beaten in a dogfight read the below article

"The fifth-generation F-22A Raptor fighter program has been the subject of fierce controversy, with advocates and detractors aplenty. On the one hand, the aircraft offers full stealth, revolutionary radar and sensor capabilities, dual air-air and air-ground SEAD capabilities, the ability to cruise above Mach 1 without afterburners, thrust-vectoring super-maneuverability… and a ridiculously lopsided kill record in exercises against the best American fighters. On the other hand, critics charge that it’s too expensive, too limited, and cripples the USAF’s overall force structure. Meanwhile, close American allies like Australia, Japan and Israel, and other allies like Korea, are pressing the USA to abandon its “no export” policy. Most already fly F-15s, but they’re interested in an export version of the F-22 in order to help them deal with advanced – and advancing – Russian-designed aircraft, air-to-air missiles, and surface-to-air missile systems."

I think raptor has a big advantage in BVR combat but when it comes to dogfitting it cannot match the best American fighters as stated in the article!!!:sniper:

I think raptor has a big advantage in BVR combat but when it comes to dogfitting it cannot match the best American fighters as stated in the article!!!:sniper:

Understand one thing that all future air-to-air combats will be fought from beyond visual range. Considering the sophistication that the F-22 holds with the most advance BVRAAM, it is highly unlikely for an F-22 to engage in a dog fight. The most it will have to do if the BVR misses, to engage in WVR, but it will take out any other jet before the jet could even think about engaging the F-22 in a dog fight and lets not forget that the thrust vectoring, greatly enhances the capability of the jet in a dog fight and neither the F-16s nor the J-10 at current stage have a TVC capability.
Another point is that do not go on what the americans have to say. They want to convince their huge taxpayers that indeed the F-22 is the only fighter that can counter the chinese J-10. You need to take such reports with a pinch of salt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom