What's new

J-20 vs F-22

what the is wrong with you all?
you guys are fucked up bro..
stop comparing aircrafts with f-22 but compare it to f35.
you will never face more then 250ish f22.
you wanna compare air to air or air to ground or whatever. use the f35.
f35 uses technology and avionics that f22 doesn't has.
and screw the manoevrebility.
f35 only needs to vertical and horizontal manoevres. and stealth.

how do you know the J20 will be more agile than the F22?

the F22 has a very good sustained turn rate and a phenomenal AoA performance.

The F22 rates and AoA have so far only been shown by russian planes, we still haven't seen the J20 doing any cobras or supercruise dogfighting..

and in a dogfight you need deadly missiles... seriously deadly ..
i am no expert on chinese WVR missiles so i won't comment.
the Aim9x is a decent missile.. so the F22 has at least a sharp knife to use.. we know that much .. and it has a gun..we know that too..

and it has 2D TVC .. people say the J20 will have 3D TVC.. i am not so sure

to have 3D TVC you need large horizontal seperation of the engines to make effective yaw and roll control.. the J20 engines are too close for 3D TVC .. my 2c anyway

Does the J-20 carry guns?
it will surely have guns, as China will not make the same mistake U.S.A did in vietnam, now it does not need to be a powerfull or heavy machine gun as most modern air planes use lots of composites and any bullet will cause severe damage...:P

what the is wrong with you all?
you guys are fucked up bro..
stop comparing aircrafts with f-22 but compare it to f35.
you will never face more then 250ish f22.
you wanna compare air to air or air to ground or whatever. use the f35.
f35 uses technology and avionics that f22 doesn't has.
and screw the manoevrebility.
f35 only needs to vertical and horizontal manoevres. and stealth.
let the Failed Pakfa compete against the Failed F-35, let big guys like J-20 and F-22 duke it out here ok, don't derail this thread PLEASE...:disagree:

no its non sense.
noone will ever face the f22 atleast not in full numbers.
just shutup about the f22.
then im gonna spam this forum with indian vs alien
pakistani vs alien
chinese vs alien
alien spacecraft vs j-20.
f22 is no more.
j-20 is not finished.
pak fa is not fucked finished
f35-pakfa-j20 is gonna be the next three 5th gen fighters for now.
talk about these.
for sake

let the Failed Pakfa compete against the Failed F-35, let big guys like J-20 and F-22 duke it out here ok, don't derail this thread PLEASE...:disagree:

it will be funny if the T50 ends up running circles around both planes just like its father the Su-27-35 does ...

wise man don't count all their beans before eating them... ;)

it will surely have guns, as China will not make the same mistake U.S.A did in vietnam, now it does not need to be a powerfull or heavy machine gun as most modern air planes use lots of composites and any bullet will cause severe damage...:P
Composites which can withstand higher G forces and stresses are easy meat for less powerful guns? Yeah, you sure do make a lot of sense, Fanboi.

And what kind of guns will the invincible J-20 have? You have no idea, and yet you talk of dogfights?
Did you really say failed PAK-Fa and a failed F-35? read this
Airborne detection of stealth aircraft may already be an operational capability. In a series of tests at Edwards AFB, Calif., in 2009, Lockheed Martin’s CATbird avionics testbed—a Boeing 737 that carries the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter’s entire avionics system—engaged a mixed force of F-22s and Boeing F-15s and was able to locate and jam F-22 radars, according to researchers.
Now what kind of ECM, ECCM measure does the J-20 field? And you call the J-20 a big boy? Mr fanboi, based on what parameters? Care to elaborate? You dont even know what kind of gun the J-20 will have and yet you go on about this being in the big-boys league? Does that stem from a complex?

it will be funny if the T50 ends up running circles around both planes just like its father the Su-27-35 does ...

wise man don't count all their beans before eating them... ;)

you dont really like the us made planes.
specially after f16 dont you?

Composites which can withstand higher G forces and stresses are easy meat for less powerful guns? Yeah, you sure do make a lot of sense, Fanboi.
now the F-22 its also bullet proof...:disagree:

Please don't flame this thread with Russian Yester Tech fighters...:no:

stupid trolls are derailing my thread...:flame:

now the F-22 its also bullet proof...:disagree:

Dont take off on a tangent. No one here said anything about the F-22 being 'bullet proof'. You are the one who is clubbing the J-20 in the same league as that of F-22. I asked very simple questions. Your opinion based on what parameters?

Show us sources for guns on the J-20, its ECM, ECCM measures, avionics - the very requirements for present day LO aircraft in dogfights, and then we will compare with other present day fighters including the F-22.
Show us the evolution of all these technologies on your domestic fighters which you can then extrapolate to the J-20 and then analyze its effectiveness against other fighters.
Show us the operational requirements which led to the J-20 design and the we will compare its role with that of other fighters.

Mr fanboi, we await.

Comparison is also due on costs.

F-22 program cost is USD 65 billion. (sunk cost to develop the technology).

Each additional F-22 costs USD 150 million. (not apportioning the program costs mentioned above).
About 200 planes cost the US another USD 30 billion.

So, US has put in a total of about USD 95 Billion overall.

No comparable figures are available for the J-20.

I don't think PRC would be foolish to put more than USD 10 Billion into program cost of J-20.
(Yes, I could be wrong ..... but if I am wrong, it will definitely reduce my respect for PRC govt's sense).

Then comes the estimated per plane cost of J-20.

Don't know how, but for some reason, all things in PRC have half the cost of comparable things in US (and low labor costs do not account for that huge difference).

So, let's say, on a per plane basis J-20 will cost USD 75 million.
If PRC starts building these places right away ... and say, 200 of them, it means an upcoming expense of 200*75 million = USD 15 Billion.

So, total PRC costs would be USD 25 Billion overall.

A bill of 25 billion much more tolerable than a whopping 95 billion, for sure.

Thus, if J-20 is equal to F-22 in performance ...... it wins hands down on the defence budget diverted to build it.

alright.
1 question.
why will you compare an aircraft with f22?
well because it has been the King of the Hill for 20 years and now a New player its gearing up to bring some challenge to this superb air craft...:victory:

and its not a 1 vs 1 match any ways, the J-20 its having home court advantage and numeric advantages also....:wave:

Comparison is also due on costs.

F-22 program cost is USD 65 billion. (sunk cost to develop the technology).
The money spent on developing and fielding such advanced technologies and the learning curve cannot be achieved by any other means, not with a measely sum for starters!
Thus, if J-20 is equal to F-22 in performance ...... it wins hands down on the defence budget diverted to build it.
the J-20 its having home court advantage and numeric advantages also....:wave:
Again, based on WHAT parameters? Mr. Fanboi no.1 & no.2?

Back
Top Bottom