What's new

J15 vs MIG29k, Naval Tejas

here we go .... BRING IT ON ...

M waiting for characters like Chinese dragon to come into picture ... then it would be a massive troll fest ... with those Indians joining it as well ...mods pls close this useless thread ...x vs y thread are no joy anymore ...

j-15 will certainly be better than the MIG-29, J-15 J-11 combines the technology.

@The_Sidewinder

If you want to do technical comparison (one on one) then it makes a bit of sense. however, if you want to judge their capabilities in the act of war then these comparisons are useless and waste of time. AWACS, strategies, radars' efficiency etc. comes into the picture along with numbers.

...x vs y thread are no joy anymore ...

This is where you are wrong! It is NOT a X vs Y thread!!

This is X vs Y & Z thread. The first of its kind!!!!
images

@The_Sidewinder

If you want to do technical comparison (one on one) then it makes a bit of sense. however, if you want to judge their capabilities in the act of war then these comparisons are useless and waste of time. AWACS, strategies, radars' efficiency etc. comes into the picture along with numbers.

Please look at the first post. If you even now think it will be a trolling fest please put forward what more to add.
Thanks.

here we go .... BRING IT ON ...

M waiting for characters like Chinese dragon to come into picture ... then it would be a massive troll fest ... with those Indians joining it as well ...mods pls close this useless thread ...x vs y thread are no joy anymore ...

If it becomes a trolling fest i will myself delete the tread. Just have a little bit of patience.

from what i found:

comparing j-15(i took su-33) and mig-29k:

1.j-15 is in overall a big plane,with
height of 5.93m v/s 4.40m of mig 29k,
wing area of 62.0m2 v/s 43.0m2 of mig 29k

for a carrier based jet,these matters a lot since smaller planes will be easier for storage,transport etc.

2.j-15 leads in case of maximum take off weight,
with 33,000 kg (72,752 lb) v/s 24,500 kg (54,000 lb) of mig 29k.

3.mig-29 k has a better power-to-thrust ratio 0.97 v/s 0.83 of j-15

4.j-15 has more hard points than mig-29k i.e
12 v/s 9 of mig-29k

5.as for the cannons,both carry the same type of cannons,but j-15 can carry more ammunition i.e,150 v/s 100 rounds

Very innovative thread...Good for Starters..

How about J-20 v/s FGFA+F-35 for main-course...

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Its and Comparison between future Air war above indian Ocean. The J15, Naval LCA and MIG29 k and kub's.
By the way although written as vs but the sole concept of these thread is to analyse importance of these fighters to their respective naval aviation forces. Bcoz there is a little chances of direct conflict between both forces in near future. J15 most probably will be pitted agains us F18e/f, korean f15 and Japanese air force. Where is Naval LCA and Mig29k will be pitted against Paf.
The main purpose of discussion is what punch these fighters will provide to their respective navy in terms of power projection capabilities.
Note: please dont make it national pissing competition.

I don't see any logic behind comparing three different class of fighter. The only similarities between them is they can be launched from Carrier. NLCA is Light class, MiG29K is medium class while Su33 (Aka J15) is heavy class.

In my view Su33 can rip apart MiG29 or NLCA. NLCA or MiG29 can be better only iff (if and only if) they are half to one generation ahead of Su33 or they are very very lucky.. Su27 platform has huge nose, it can carry massive radar, It can carry diverse weapon....

Because J15 is chinese rip off of ukranian su33 doesn't mean its bad... Its something one must fear of... According to me the 3 most feared Aircraft platform is ...
1. F22 Raptor
2. F15 and Su27.... (I give them equal importance..)

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

About that topic i think threads are available. By the way J-XX and FGFA both are on the development stage. No one knows how they will finally looks like. But we have fair idea about 3 fighters in this thread concerned.

I don't see any logic behind comparing three different class of fighter. The only similarities between them is they can be launched from Carrier. NLCA is Light class, MiG29K is medium class while Su33 (Aka J15) is heavy class.

In my view Su33 can rip apart MiG29 or NLCA. NLCA or MiG29 can be better only iff (if and only if) they are half to one generation ahead of Su33 or they are very very lucky.. Su27 platform has huge nose, it can carry massive radar, It can carry diverse weapon....

Because J15 is chinese rip off of ukranian su33 doesn't mean its bad... Its something one must fear of... According to me the 3 most feared Aircraft platform is ...
1. F22 Raptor

As i said before its not about ripping of each other but its about what their respective users gets in terms of power projection capabalities. They are not dierect rivals.

And for Dinner

MiG Skat vs boing X45 vs dassault neuron :P

1. F22 Raptor

I think it's important to assess the suitability of carrier launched operations of the 3 variants. Su 33 is a very good plane but even the Russians chose MiG29k for their carriers. Has to be a reason for that. Something like strengthening of the framework and additional thrust/shorter runway requirements to start with. Combat capabilities come later (and yes su 33 J-15 seem superior but Tejas Mk2 specs does come close).

Back
Top Bottom