What's new

Jamaran-2

Instead of calling corvettes as destroyers, you can admit that this ship is a 1500 tonnes corvette. Then nobody will make this kind of statements.

Milgem-class corvette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Steregushchy-class corvette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
our design and classifications are based on our interests not anyone else.for instance have a look at the endurance of the ships you mentioned:21 days with logistic support, 10,15 days autonomous.
you compare these with our Moudge class ? jamaran's last mission was 68 days (which obviously wasn't it's maximum), I don't know about it's autonomous but sahand which is 5th Moudge ship has 150 days autonomous endurance.

Yes, really. There isn't anything new compared to the Jamaran-2, which has only a single interesting new feature i.e. the main radar.

Yeah... that might have something to do with the trade sanctions.

"A trade penalty imposed by one nation onto one or more other nations. Sanctions can be unilateral, imposed by only one country on one other country, or multilateral, imposed by one or more countries on a number of different countries. Often allies will impose multilateral sanctions on their foes."

Trade Sanction Definition | Investopedia

My south pole is just fine.

I am Glad to know that... take a good care of yourself I heard leopard seals are very nasty! ;)

Why are they developing such ships which can be easily targeted by US Navy ? , why not build 1000nds of these

iran-speedboat.jpg
jamaran warship is developed in order to have deal with any threat from Azarbaijan.so it can handle the job...
but in Persian gulf,its different.the mostly use these boats and anti-ship missiles.

The guy was talking about the Jamaran-2 being targeted by the US Navy in the Caspian sea. I was just joking.
BTW, Iranian members, any info about the weird looking PESA (?) radar?

The guy was talking about the Jamaran-2 being targeted by the US Navy in the Caspian sea. I was just joking.
BTW, Iranian members, any info about the weird looking PESA (?) radar?

Caspian sea....oops..i did not notice that ..

well , this one was built in north in Caspian sea we have three more under construction in Persian Gulf . and as I said these are not built for fighting western navies ( honestly for that it's better to use missiles fired from shore)
every thing has ts use , those fast attack boats are god for Persian Gulf and somewhere near shore , but for Sea of Oman and Indian Ocean these are the least that can do the job . After all I hope you don't think we will send some of those Peykaap to protect our ships from pirates ?

by the way don't tell me you think such ships are good for Israel but Bad for Iran ?
It's the best they have
Sa'ar 5-class corvette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is the point exactly. Larger displacement > greater endurance, capability.

Well that's true with larger Displacement you can have Greater Endurance and Capabilities but to be honest it only take one C-802 or Torpedo to sank both F-22P and Jamaran so I guess if we pit these two ship against each other winner would be the one to have better electronics and sadly we are not knowing the exact capabilities of the radars and electronic system in Jamaran-2 .

these are the radars we used in Jamaran

Fire control radar with electro-optical module

WM-28 type I/J band surface search and FC radar similar to that seen on Kaman/Sina class missile boats

New phased array air-search radar

by the way from where iran get blue prints of war technologies,dont look it pakistan iran is also involved in balochistan.

Well the radar looks new but we should using this vosper design now. we need to make stealth frigates.
PERSIAN gulf destroyer loghman looks the part.

Well the radar looks new but we should using this vosper design now. we need to make stealth frigates.
PERSIAN gulf destroyer loghman looks the part.
our own anti ship missiles can hit targets with size of a boat, Now how much is the chance of missing those so called stealth frigates?

Mohsen

I should add more I suppose.
We need better design ships my friend.
such as ships that can carry more weapons, have VLS (vertical launch systems) and so on.
The current jamaran is not bad but we need better.

we need to push our engineers and defence industry to become not just self sufficient in terms of producing but also make their own designs.

Do I make sense?

Back
Top Bottom